“Outstanding Customer Service is the key”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #174 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I spend about one week out of the month in Houston for business, and I stay at the Crowne Plaza. The amenities are nice, the rooms are always clean, it checks most of the boxes in that regard. But the customer service is amazing, and I would like to relate one anecdote in particular.

I left my laptop in my room upon departure. I realized this while boarding an aircraft around 4PM on a Friday. I had work files on the laptop, and I needed it immediately. The staff initially said they would send it out the next day (which is still solid service). But I spoke with Henry, and he personally went out of his way to get the laptop shipped priority next day air that same evening. I got it, and crisis was averted.

It was one of the finest displays of customer service I have ever seen. My compliments to Henry and the hotel management.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your anecdote. Your comments will be used as an example on how important it is to our guests when team members demonstrate a little extra effort.
I will personally congratulate Henry on his commitment to guest service. I look forward to your return to our hotel.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Great service at check in (Henry was at the front desk). Free internet and free parking. There are plenty of places to eat at. Movie theaters nearby. The room was clean and comfortable. Only drawback is the tube tv instead of a flatscreen.

Room Tip: You may have a little trouble sleeping if you're a light sleeper because of the hotel's prox...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Henry. Our hotel team takes pride in making our guest feel welcome.
I understand the importance of new televisions in enhancing our guests' experience. There are future plans to install flat screen televisions in every guest room.
Thank you for your patronage and I look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is a jewel of a property. Great location and the staff are fantastic. Henry Strait and Nichole Holcomb have gone out of their way to help and provide a home away from home on many occassions while working in Houston.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Whilst the hotel decor is a little tired it is more than made up for by the quality of its staff. The shuttle service they run to local companies is a boon and I was saved by the hotel shuttle willing to come out during the day since I had left a laptop power supply in my hotel room (Nicole as the driver is very good and so is Stanley).

I also wanted to comment on how good the reception staff are, always very attentive and willing to help. Special mention must also go to Henry.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay to Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I am very pleased that Henry, Stanley and Nicole made your stay pleasant and I have shared your comments with the entire hotel team.
I look forward to return to the hotel and I am confident that you will find other hotel team members that are committed to assisting you whenever needed.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

The Crowne Plaza is not a new hotel but the staff are second to none. In particular Andrew in the bar - Remington's - is one of the most professional and accommodating barman I have had the pleasure to meet. Hard working attentive and amusing.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is the second year that Crowne Plaza has hosted our Christmas party, and once again, it was marvelous. The food, service and accomodations were all excellent. They saw to our every need and exceeded our expectations all around. I might as well good ahead and book next year's party now. If they will have us, we will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Julie A

Thank you for your gracious comments concerning your Christmas event.
The hotel team strives to make all events wonderful for our guests. I thank you for your repeat business and look forward to your return in 2012.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have read the other reviews and thought this would be a good place to stay. All went well at the start, plenty of space in the parking lot, checkin was very friendly and swift. The room was a bit dated and need of a refresh compared with other Crowne Plaza's I have stayed at recently. There wes no hot water in the restroom and it took about 40 minutes before I had maintence in the room to sort the issue out. He said the room might have not been used for a few days and may well take a while for the hot water to reach the room.
I did not eat in the resturant.
I did have a drink or two in the bar. Service was good even though it was busy.
Breakfast in the morning - miss - it was of a quality which I could not rate, service was so bad I had to ask to get a coffee refil. When I went back to the breakfast bar to collect my toast from the toaster - the table had been cleared! When I wanted a waiter I could not find one! The cost was over $14 for the buffet - waste of money (and I had been given a 50% voucher at checkin making it about $8 with tax - still was overpriced.)
Overall I would stay at another Crowne Plaza in Houston and drive to my meeting rather than stay at this one and be nearer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
First, I want to apologize for your unfavorable experience in our restaurant. Your comments are being discussed with our restaurant team members in order to improve in the future.
I want to assure you’re that our hotel team is committed to make our guests' enjoyable. Again, thank you for your thoughts