“Good crew at this Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #204 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 July 2012

When one visits this Crowne Plaza, the first thing that impresses is the people. Henry, at the front desk, anchors the crew. He greets you with a genuine smile, and takes care of anything that may come up during your stay. The manager, Rizwan Marfani, adds his classy cool to the blend. Always a pleasure to stay here. The "happy hour" and breakfast are added bonuses, for the Priority Club members.

Room Tip: Pool views are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is my third time to be in Houston. However, when i took the shuttle bus from the airport to the crown plaza hotel in downtown Houston, they just drove my to another one and dropped me there.
I was helpless at the time since it was late in the evening and my host in Houston was not able to drive me back. But with the help from the front desk server, Henry Strait, i was able to get back to my hotel safe and sound and did not waste much time. He helped me out by offering me almost everything i needed and even called the cab for me. It was so nice to meet him when i jumped into trouble. Thanks Henry.

Room Tip: Henry from the front desk is so nice!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I am very pleased that Henry was able to help during your arrival into Houston. The entire hotel team is trained to provide courteous and helpful service.
I will commend Henry in a public staff meeting. Thank you for sharing your story about Henry.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I came in to Houston at around 11pm with no place to stay. When I contacted Crowne Plaza Aurellia Gaskin answered the phone. I advised her of the situation I was in and despite the fact the hotel was basically at capacity she not only was able to find me a room but she also accommodated my girlfriend, her son and my dog!! I would recommend Crowne Plaza as the hotel itself is nice, but overall it’s the staff that truly makes the experience enjoyable. Employees such as Aurellia will keep me coming back to Crowne Plaza whenever I am in Houston, but even more so keep me loyal to Crowne plaza in general when I travel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I agree that it is staff of the hotel that makes a stay enjoyable. The hotel team strives on a daily basis to provide our guest with positive experience.
I look forward to your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

If there was ever a hotel that embodies hospitality, it would be the Crowne Plaza in Northwest-Brookhollow.

I am a teacher in the Lubbock area but was going to be taking a special training course that would put me in Houston for 3 weeks. Not having any friends or family in the area to stay with, I used priceline.com to find a hotel that I could stay at for cheap. I was able to stay at the Crowne Plaza for an amazing $40 per night for 18 nights. It was the best home away from home I could have asked for.

The most impressive feature of this hotel by far was the clientele. I probably spoke with every person who worked behind the front desk and they were all SUPER friendly and helpful. I have to give a shout-out to Henry, who checked me in with a warm welcome and a free membership into the Priority Club, which allowed me free breakfast every morning, and free drinks and finger foods in the evening.

Speaking of the Priority Club food—it was delightful. Every morning they had pastries, fresh fruit, good coffee, assorted yogurts, cereal, juice, milk, bagels, English muffins, and bread for toast. The finger foods in the evening were surprisingly satisfying—always one hot item like onion rings, spring rolls, chicken wraps, or meatballs, plus really good cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables with ranch dressing. And the free drinks included all kinds of beer, wine, and cocktails. (P.S. When I ran out of free drink tickets, I went to the front desk and asked for more and the lady working was happy to oblige. I was afraid I’d be overstepping but she was very kind to give me enough to last until the end of my stay!)

Another favorite feature of mine was the pet-friendly policy. Since I was going to be gone from home for 3 weeks, I needed to be able to bring my cat along, and was able to at the Crowne Plaza for a small one-time fee of $25 (which was a steal considering that wouldn’t buy me 2 nights at a kennel). And since I had my cat in my room during the day while I was at class, they let me leave the do-not-disturb sign on the door during the day until I told them I was back in the evening so that they could send the maid and I could put my cat in his carrier while she made up the room. It was the perfect arrangement and accommodation for my needs.

A couple other great amenities I enjoyed at this hotel were the business center (where I was able to print things for class for free), the fitness room (which had a cold water dispenser, cups, towels, a big wall of mirrors, 3 treadmills, an elliptical machine, a stationary bike, free weights, and a couple weight machines), a nice outdoor pool and hot tub, and a small convenience item room where I bought some emergency contact solution and candy bars .

And of course my room was great—I especially loved the floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall windows, as did my cat . I was on the 7th floor and I never heard any noise from neighbors next to, above, or below me. And the king-size bed was really comfortable.

The biggest surprise came to me on my last night in the hotel—I would be leaving the next day but the problem was that I had class until 4, and needed to leave my cat somewhere before heading out of town afterward. I asked the front desk for an extended check-out so that I could leave my cat in the room while I was in class and pick him up on my way out around 4:30. Even though their policy says otherwise, the manager gave me a break, and let me take my time and check out as soon as was convenient. This made my last few days in Houston so much easier and stress-free.

I am truly grateful for the hospitality of the Crowne Plaza in Brookhollow—it is a one-of-a-kind hotel and I hope I have a reason to return to Houston in the future so that I may stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I am pleased that you had such a wonderful stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. It is truly a pleasure to hear such accolades and I will pass on your comments to our hotel team.
I look forward to your return to our hotel and serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had a graduation Party at this hotel and the service was great. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. Also the catering manager Piper Heinrich is very cooperative and friendly, she did a great job in guiding us with everything. i would reccomend this hotel to everyne and we have been doing parties in the same hotel for the past years.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your graduation party. I am especially pleased that Piper Heinrich provided friendly service and helped to make your event successful.
I look forward to your next event at our hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I drove down for a quick family get together that was being held at a local bar, so we decided to stay here.
As usual - we found an awesome deal on priceline!
Check-in was a little slow, but they only had one person at the front desk, so I couldn't complain too much about that.
We only stayed one night, the beds were comfy, the room and towels were clean.

We did end up inviting a few family members over after the shin dig, and got a little too loud with laughs so they sent the bell boy to tell us to shut up - I wasn't offended, I'm glad that they have someone on site to take care of that for the other guests.

Over all and all, we had a nice stay.
Check out was a breeze and we would return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and we will review your feedback to improve in the future.

I look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The last few times I stayed here I was disappointed. Check in was sadly disappointing as well this go round. However, when I went down to follow up and report my disappointment, Aurelia Gaskin had already resolved all my issuers. If it weren't for her excellent service, I probably would not have given this location another chance.

• Stayed: June 2012