“Excellent hospitality”

Ranked #173 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Rajshahi City, Bangladesh
“Excellent hospitality”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

One thing i have to mention is the Hospitality of the front desk staff and also shuttle driver.I can't remember everyone name but specially Henry, Lisa, Carlos and Stanley helped me during my stay at Crowne Plaza.It was my First Visit at Houston. The restaurant recommended by them was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us, we are always glad to hear we have exceeded our guest expectations. I have shared your comments with the entire front office team as they take great pride in a job well done. I hope you have found a new home away from home for any future visits to our city.

Dave Comerota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The entire staff was dedicated to exceptional customer service!... especially Megan who went out of her way to print & deliver my boarding pass to my room after a 10 hour day with 15 minutes to change for a dinner meeting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments on the staff we are always glad to hear they are going above and beyond for our guest. I have passed your kind words along to Megan and the rest of the team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

After experiencing some issues with our reservations, the front desk team member Henry was able to resolve our problem very quickly, even during busy check in time. My colleagues and I were very impressed with his speed and upbeat attitude. Always a pleasure to deal with a person that takes pride in his job.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and I am glad to hear Henry continues to do so. He is one of our strongest assets. We look forward to hosting your next stay in Houston.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We came to stay for Rice University's hall of fame induction. The staff were very nice and accommodating but the maintenance is very poor. The air conditioning unit in our room would not turn on at all -no heat or air or fan. I discovered it at 10:45 pm. I was going to call the front desk but guess what, our phone was out of order. The next morning, I walked down to the front desk to report the issue. They fixed the air conditioning but never the phone. My father in law also had no phone service in his room. The water in his shower was lukewarm at best. Our shower temperature was fine. I went downstairs the last night to print our boarding passes for in the morning. I asked where I could go to print them. The front desk sent me to the Business Center. I went through the process but after pressing print, nothing happened. I went to call the front desk and guess what? No phones in the Business Center so I had to walk up to the front desk again. A new lady was at the front desk and she said the printers and computers had not been working for several days. She let me come back to the front desk and use the computer there to print the boarding passes. She also gave us free passes for breakfast the next morning. While I was there, another guest came to ask about the dryers in the laundry center. She said that they had been broken for several days. She did offer to have housekeeping wash his clothes the next day. The staff seem to be trying to please the customers but are having a hard time due to poor or delayed maintenance.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that the staff was accommodating when issues arose. I have taken this list of concerns to our Chief Engineer and they are all being addressed. Again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Baker, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stay here every time we come to Prairie View"s homecoming game. It is an excellent facility with excellent food and excellent service. I didn't get the name of the maid who cleaned our room, but she did an excellent job each day. The beds are wonderful and I get a good night's sleep. The walls could be a little thicker; someone yelling in the next room disturbed my slumber in the middle of the night. We got excellent from Carlos Figueroa who took our bags to the car upon leaving. Also from the bellman who took our bags up when we arrived. I didn't get his name though. Carlos remembered my husband from our last visit. That means a lot.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your weekend with us. We look forward to the annual Prairie View weekend and are glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to hosting the event next year.

General Mangare
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at your hotel. What I wanted to do was formally applaud two of your team members, Crystal and Henry. They were both friendly, helpful and quick to act.

What impressed me most was that Henry referenced me by name each time I came by the desk. I'm sure he sees a lot of people in a day and that was something that I really appreciated. That kind of thing goes a long way.

All the best,

Mike Fencil

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with the Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest. Our goal is to provide excellent service and it is great to hear that Crystal and Henry provided this. I have shared your comments with them and let them know that there efforts are appreciated.

Splendora, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in September. 15 minutes after we arrived, my husband remembered that he left his cell phone in the truck, went downstairs and found our truck broken into. Whoever did it punched the lock, ripped our dash apart and stole our stereo along with his phone. The truck was parked 100' from the front door and could be seen from the front door. The hotel staff was blase and rude about the situation and corporate could only remind us that they are not responsible. There are no security cameras and no staff to watch for such things. They know this is a bad area of town, that's why most of the property is fenced. We were truly disappointed with the lack of response from Crown Plaza and IHG corporate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Jacque G,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern to us. We have addressed the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

We hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of the Crowne Plaza brand and that you can afford us an opportunity of making it right and welcoming you back in the near future.

Ferdinand G