“Nice, quiet place”

Ranked #167 of 508 Hotels in Houston
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Nice, quiet place”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in June. The rooms were clean but I wouldn't say they were updated. Not bad at all though. I especially enjoyed the hot tub. I think there should be an age requirement for the hot tub as I don't believe kids should be splashing around while adults are trying to relax. Otherwise, no complaints. There are several restaurants around and highway access to get downtown which is convenient, however, I didn't realize there was a location on Katy Frwy which is where our friends were. Next time I will try that location as it would be more convenient for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at eh Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I will review our policy concerning the hot tub in order to provide a more enjoyable atmosphere.

Dave Comerota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Indonesian first
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A nice Crowne Plaza property with very friendly front of house staff. The rooms are as you'd expect for an aging hotel but are clean and kept updated as much as you could without remodeling!

The cooked breakfast is on the salty side of seawater and the bacon is cooked to within a molecule of carbon, but that's the American way I suppose!

Still my hotel of choice when in Houston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oilydan
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I have forwarded your comments on the food to our chef. The hotel team's goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have stayed here several times, It has no fridge or microwave and some ice machines are always broken. No major complaints if you are just looking for a bed it'll do. The last time we saw a lot of shady characters in the parking lot but this is Houston.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for comments on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. i will review your comment on the ice machine with our maintenance department and ensure that it is addressed. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Was very impressed with this hotel. The bathroom was recently updated, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was great, and the staff was very friendly. Couldn't ask for a better stay. I also didn't hear anyone at night which I sometimed have issues with at other hotels and there were a ton of cars in the parking lot so it surprised me. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning you recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I will share your comments with the entire hotel team and congratulate them on providing great service. The team is committed to providing all guest with a great experience.

San Antonio, tx
Reviewed 19 June 2014

First off let me say that though this is an older property, our stay was very good. We had booked this hotel on Hotwire and when we arrived, the nice front desk manager Henry, asked us if we wanted a king or two queens. When we requested a king, he readily obliged and changed our room.

Pros:

1. We were traveling with two small kids and found the room to be spacious enough for us to stretch out and relax.
2. The front desk manager Henry was very nice. He was working very hard but was always pleasant and helpful. When we told him about how our TV had a problem that prevented us from watching the NBA final game, he sent a technician in less than 10 minutes to our room and the nice hispanic gentleman changed our TV in 5 more minutes. Great customer service guys!
3. The pool and the hot tub were great and clean. Except for some noisy guests guzzling beer by the gallon, it was a great place to spend an evening with the kids.
4. The location (if there's no traffic nightmare as we encountered during our stay) is near a Target and a lot of chain restaurants - Chili's, Dennys etc.

Cons:
1. Horrible road construction on the highway next to this hotel made the roads near the hotel unusable. We spent nearly an hour getting thru a mile of traffic stacked up close to the hotel. Please check road construction activity before you book the hotel.
2. The AC units seem old and need to be replaced.
3. A fridge and a microwave will be useful for families.
4. The bed was on the harder side but didn't prevent me from catching a good night's sleep.

In all, the hotel itself is great, but the traffic situation will make me pause before I book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank krisans
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I m sorry to hear that the road construction was a major inconvenience. The hotel ream is committed to work through any issues concerning construction and continue to provide outstanding guest service.

gecko831
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times. Both times, when I got to my room, I realized/remembered, "No Mini-Fridge!" :( The rooms are older & bathrooms small but, overall, for just myself on a work trip it was fine. The beds are comfy & staff friendly. This hotel allowed me to sleep comfortably, get up & work, then come back, order room service & sleep so I could do it all over the next day. I can't really ask for more for a business stay.

• Stayed February 2014
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I understand how important a good nights sleep is when you are traveling on business. I have passed your comments on to the entire hotel team and hope you will think of our hotel when visiting Houston in the future.

Brockville
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for work meeting, nice hotel and lobby but the rooms need some upgrading. The sink in the bathroom was very slow draining and the tap would not stop dripping. Setting the hot water was a challenge as one day you had to crank it all the way and the next day you had to only turn it a little. I would like to know how to work the Alarm clock as it was interesting. The plug in was at mattress level not sure how this is not a fire hazard.

The work out room was good for a hotel this size and it was clean and comfortable.

Didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked nice.

Pool was huge and looked like fun.

Check in was easy and fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest. There are plans to make upgrades to our guest rooms in the near future. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable experience throughout the hotel.

Again, thank you for staying at our hotel and the hotel team will continue working to improve the guest experience.