“Work trip to Houston”

Ranked #95 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Texas City, Texas
“Work trip to Houston”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton North Houston by the Bush Airport (IAH) and it was awesome. I had heard they had done some upgrades but this was AWESOME! The staff at check was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant and lounge was very inviting and had great food. The room I had, had been renovated and looked beautiful. The Sheraton beds are amazing, it's really hard to want to get up the next morning. I like the location also, right off 2 of the major freeways in the city.
I do travel to Houston alot during the year and have found a new home away from home when in the city. Great job on the renovation and the great staff. See you next time!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and upgrade to the 10th floor. If you are a airplane buff, ask for a room faci...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Juzsayn,
Thank you so much for posting your review with wonderful photos. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and also glad to hear we will be your home away from home when you travel to Houston area. Thank you once again for recoginizing job well done by our staff, recent renovation and wonderful food. We look forward to welcoming you back home in Houston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Radnor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in desperate need of renovation and it finally happened. Reception is brand new, employees seem happier, club floor is nice. Afternoon/evening appetizers were tasty. Overall nice experience for an airport hotel. Will come back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jacques A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regards to recent stay. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and plan on coming back. We would also like to thank you for noticing the recent renovation. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Excellent experience. You can be lazy and eat on the property or take a casual walk to the local establishments nearby. Staff were courteous, efficient and very helpful. Shuttle service was good, but be prepared to wait a wee bit during peak times.

Room Tip: Ask them to explain where the room is before you commit. South side of building is slightly quieter...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
howster44,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear your have enjoyed your stay and also like to thank you for recognizing the brand for job well done. We have the largest shuttle fleet in the airport area and we are constantly working towards becoming more efficient to meet our guest shuttle needs. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was upgraded to the Club floor upon check-in, so although I booked a standard room, I can only review the club floor. Room was excellent, very clean and appeared to be newly renovated, with the signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper comfy bed. This is my favorite part of the Starwood brands - they don't skimp on the beds. Continental breakfast in the Club lounge was included, and had a decent selection with a few hot items (scrambled eggs, oatmeal). Shuttle drivers were helpful. Upon arrival at the airport I called the hotel, and only waited aprox 10 mins for the shuttle to arrive. I will stay again if I need a IAH Airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hotelchuk
hotelchuk,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear we were able to upgrade your room and you were able to enjoy our newly renovated guest rooms and the club lounge. I'm also glad to hear you have slept well and our shuttle driver was able to pick you up in timely manner. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Recently stayed there for a "conference" for 3 days. I have to say it's not very good for a Sheraton hotel.
Room: Clean but needed some updates for sure. The shower was terrible and the alarm clock was so old. But most importantly, the bed was not comfortable at all. C'mon Sheraton! If should get one thing right, it has to be the bed!
Service: Everyone did their jobs, but I didn't feel all that welcome. It was just like "okay we will help you but you better feel bad about it"

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelCloud2
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Travelcloud2,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We have just completed multi-million dollar renovation and have been getting response from our guest. I'm sorry to hear bed you slept on was not comfortable. This is actually very surprising for me since we are used to only getting compliments for comfort of our beds. If you can let me know which room you were in, I would truly appreciate it so that I can get that mattress checked out. I can be reached at j.choi@sheratoniah.com. Look forward to hearing back from you. Best regards,
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in December 2012, and it was a disaster. They were apparently renovating the hotel. There was NO hot water in my room for the shower on the morning I was to leave for my flight. Since it was cold (winter) - no way I could stand such a cold shower. Also, there were water stains on the ceilings everywhere on the 10th floor, and the hotel just looked pretty bad.

I discussed the situation with the manager when I returned from my flight, and we came to a satisfactory solution about the whole incident..I was told that the hotel was having some changes done, and I was asked to try them again in the future.

Now, I am happy to say that almost a year later, everything was great for my stay that I had there last week (November 2013).

When I made the reservation , I asked if the renovations were finished. I was told that they were. I was on the 10th floor again, and I did not have any of the same problems. The rooms were very nice, and they had apparently remodeled that entire floor.

I booked the room because of an airline flight to leave the next day. I live a bit of a distance away from the airport, and it isn't fun to leave at 3am in the morning to drive several hours. By staying a night next to the airport, we didn't have to get up quite so early to make a 7am flight.

What I like about this hotel is that they will allow you to park you car for free. That makes it convenient, so you don't have to pay to store your car in an auto lot nearby. There is also a shuttle to and from the hotel to the airport. That is very helpful as well.

I would definitely choose this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWalker1000
JWalker1000,
Thank you for giving us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs. As we have promised, renovation for all the guest room is completed along with public areas and other outlets. We are delighted to hear you were completely satisfied with the finished product. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

For a recent business trip I stayed here only for the location to the airport. The hotel is dated and I worry about the how well the room was cleaned. The room seemed a little musty and dark. The Alam clock kept going off in the middle of the night - not sure if it was a cruel joke of the house keeping staff or not. I don't think you get what you pay for here - not worth the price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MileMoore,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectation. I can assure you alarm going off is oversight by our staff for not resetting the alarm clock prior to your arrival and I will have this issue addressed with proper department. Hotel also recently completed multi-million dollar renovation and we have been receiving lot of positive feedback. We hope you will come back to give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you travel back to Houston area.