Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #94 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Quito, Ecuador
“An average hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been several times at this hotel. It has been refurbished . In my last stay the room was much better then other times . The bathroom was improved . A convenient hotel since it's close to the airport. For a passing through hotel it's ok.
You will find parking but sometimes a little bit far ( nothing serious) and you have to enter through a side door of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PPBOLO
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
PPBOLO,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are constantly making improvements to meet and exceed the expectation of our valued guest. If there's anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable next time, please feel free to contact me anytime. I can be reached at j.choi@sheratoniah.com. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 29 April 2014

A smoke-filled, non-smoking room and no shower. All for the convenient price of $220 a night.

I gave this property a try because I'd recently been at the Sheraton in Yokohoma. Haven't spent much time in the SPG group as many properties have gone downhill, so thought I'd give this a try as the Yokohoma site was quite nice.
This one was nice, but my room was filled with smoke courtesy my neighbors. And I'm not talking subtle smoke, I'm talking smoke FILLED.
Bonus round: no cold water when it was time to shower and fly out. Hot water was scalding hot and 'cold' water was hot, so no shower at all. Front desk blew me off. Manager offered me points.

I may consider this site again as it's close to IAH and has 24-hour shuttle, but we'll see. I'm not really status with SPG (mostly Haytt and IHG), so getting the shaft isn't exactly uncommon, but this was a little unnecessary on their part.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fastfxr101
Fastfxr101,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectation due to other guest smoking and not having cold water. Our hotel is 100% smoke free hotel but unfortunately, some guest do not comply. Whenever incident like this is reported, our security if dispatched to put an immediate stop to such violations. As far as cold water is concerned, my apology for not having that checked prior to your arrival. I will be addressing this with proper department to prevent it from reoccuring. Next time you come back to the area and decide to give us another opportunity, please contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will ensure you have a plesant stay with us. I can be reached at j.choi@sheratoniah.com. Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had to stay here for business. Room was actually very nice. Others in the group weren't so lucky. One didn't have hot water. Staff was pleasant and friendly. Some renovations were going on at the time so perhaps things are better. Had to call for shuttle from airport and seemed to wait a little longer than needed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jeff w
Jeff w,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I would also like to thank you for recognizing job well done by front office staff and also recently renovated rooms. Currently, there's very minor renovation going on in isolated area of the lobby floor and we hope to have that completed within couple weeks. I do apologize for inconvenience your colleague experienced with hot water. I hope problem your colleague was ractified in timely manner. Once again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleague back in near future.
UTAH
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We needed a hotel close to the airport and this was a great choice. We had a LOT of luggage as we were going on a cruise out of Galveston and picking up our car rental the morning of the cruise. Right at the front door of the hotel was a luggage cart which made it so much easier to transport our luggage. We were greeted almost immediately at check-in. Our key card had a glitch that was quickly fixed. (We needed it to get to the Concierge floor.)

We were upgraded to a mini suite room which was almost triangular in configuration but gave us lots of room. The bathroom had a large shower which was nice. The bedroom area had a king bed, large work desk and also a counter area. The other section of the room had a leather couch, table and chairs and a "see through" cut out in the wall to the main bedroom.

Sheraton seriously has the best beds and pillows. The a/c worked really well. The tv was on a swivel between the bedroom and the living room area. There was no in room safe, mini fridge or microwave.

The concierge lounge opened at 5pm on the Saturday night we were there. You can get soda, bottled water, fruit and granola bars before it opens with the evening snacks. We had a very good choice of hot and cold snacks so we didn't use the restaurant.

The next morning the shuttle bus driver very nicely offered to drop us off at the car rental once he saw all our luggage. It was very much appreciated. The staff we dealt with were all very nice.

Yes, you can hear the planes take off and land...you are at an airport hotel. But they have made it very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IamKWgirl
IamKWgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear you have a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for recognizing job well done by front office staff and the driver. We do have the safe available in all rooms inside the closet and we have recently added mini fridge in all the rooms to offer better selection of amenities. Microwaves are available upon request. We look forward to welcoming you back in near future. Thank you.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My sister and I were in Houston for only a couple of days. We decided to book our last night in Houston near the IAH airport which was a great idea because apparently there's even bad traffic at 5 in the morning. I'm an SPG member so I used my points to get a double room. We didn't get to try any of the amenities because we checked in real late and checked out early in the morning.

The service we did receive while we were there was really great. The staff we were friendly and informative. Our room was spotless and smelled great. I read other reviews that they had smelled cigarette smoke but that wasn't the case for us. I'm sure they would have accommodated if we did find something wrong with the room. I also liked that we were able to checkin for our flights and print out the boarding passes in the lobby which was very convenient.

I'm an SPG member because I absolutely LOVE the beds. I have yet to be disappointed at any Sheraton I've slept at when it comes to the beds. I slept like a baby and woke up well rested. Usually when I sleep at other hotels, the beds and pillows are hard and I always hurt my neck. I was so grateful for a good night's rest before heading home. I'll definitely book this hotel again if I ever return to Houston.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy J
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Judy J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us before flying out next morning. I couldn't agree with you more on how Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattress doesn't disappoint and help you get the rest you need. I would also like to thank you for recognizing job well done by our front desk staff and also by our housekeeping staff. We also look forward to welcoming you back in near future.
Chandler, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Chose this hotel for one night layover because they were close to IAH and they had both a shuttle and restaurant. Shuttle came within 15 minutes of placing a call to them. Check in was an issue I had. Woman who was checking us in began talking to a pilot who had been picked up from another hotel. Very rude considering she was not finished with us. Finally she finished and I asked for a bellman or luggage cart and she had already started talking to the pilot again. Quite annoying and rude. Luckily another desk clerk found us a bellman who took us up to our room. He was the same man who drove the shuttle. Room was clean and comfortable, plenty big with nice size bathroom. Fitted sheet kept slipping off the corner of the bed during the night, also annoying. They should be able to buy new sheets with better elastic! Otherwise everything was good. Ate at Drifters Restaurant in the hotel both dinner and breakfast. Food was good and reasonably priced. No problem getting a bellman in the morning and getting the shuttle to the airport. Good stay with a couple of issues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Zespy,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of our front desk staff. We are committed to focusing on one guest at a time and my apology for not living up to our standard in this instance. I will be definitely addressing this with proper department head. However, I am delighted to hear rest of the stay went well. We hope you will give us another opportunity serve your accommodation needs next time you travel back to North Houston area. Thank you.
Elgin
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed just one night for a 6am flight out of IAH. I wish I could have stayed longer. I found the room to be confortable and pleasant, amenities great, staff friendly and helpful. You could definitely hear the airport activity, though it did not keep me awake.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jhd1966
ak_reviews2014,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit at Sheraton North Houston. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing newly renovated rooms, great food from the restaurant and great service provided by the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.