“Dated, needs refurbishment.”

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #136 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Good location next door to the galleria mall. Old hotel that needs an urgent refurbishment and updating. Ok price. Mediocre breakfast.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this Sheraton Suites for a conference that was being held next door at another hotel. The Sheraton was about half the price of the conference hotel, and was a great place to spend the night.

As noted, the rooms are all small suites with separate living rooms and bedrooms, with an opening on each side of the bathroom in the middle. My room was clean, furnished like a typical Sheraton, including the Sheraton bed that I find very comfortable. The gym was located in a small attached wing outside, and had plenty of new elliptical and treadmills, as well as some weight equipment.

The location was convenient for walking to the Galleria, shops and restaurants. I took the Super Shuttle from the airport to save a few $$$, so I did not have a car.

The staff was great. Upon checkin they noted that interest was free for SPG Platinum members, and offered me a late checkout, which made things easy for me on the final day of my conference.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here for about a week while travelling for business. Had to change rooms because of multiple and visible stains on the floor; first time, horrible stains on the carpet and stains on my bedsheets. Second room also had stains on the carpet although not as bad as the first room. Bedsheets also appeared dirty again in the second room. Couch and chairs were saggy, worn, and probably weren't cleaned for a long time. Also felt very humid/moldy in the rooms. Bathroom was fine in both rooms.

Location is good; close to the Galleria.

I will say that service was good. People were accomodating with me changing rooms and helpful and polite.

Overall, this hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. I believe this property will be undergoing one soon so hopefully the room quality will improve afterwards. Until then, I would not recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: Wait until after the remodel.
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Booked 3 nights at the Sheraton Suites. I was visiting my friend and her kids, ages 10 and 12. The hotel is all suites with separate living area and bedroom. Drove from George Bush airport and the Mapquest says to go on Hardy Toll Road, but use freeway 45 to 610 instead to avoid the toll road. This hotel is on a one way street parallel to freeway.

The hotel was busy, but check in was efficient and swift. The suite, on a high floor (total 15 floors), was facing the Galleria and nice view of the sunset. The room included a mini refrigerator, Starbucks coffee maker and bar sink. Wifi in the room was free, not sure if this is only for Starwood Platinum members.

I had requested a microwave, but they are not available. Starwood Platinum members received free bottle water. We loved the lemon water in the lobby and we didn't really need the bottled water. I had requested dishes and cutlery, so we could have snacks in the room.

The hotel has the Green Choice program where you forgo room cleaning and get 500 points per day. In the lobby, you will find Sheraton Link with 4 computers and printer at no charge...very nice to have. Wild Plum Bar is off the lobby next to the Omaha Steak House.

Platinum members can now choose for the Welcome Gift, free continental breakfast. The front desk gave me coupons for all of us. The breakfast buffet in the Omaha Steak House is an additional $4.00, which is a great choice. The breakfast is until 10 am on weekday and 11 am on weekends. The restaurant manager gave us the buffet for free since they were almost closing, which was a nice surprise.

The suite worked out great for us, the pull out sofabed was perfect. The living area had flat panel TV, desk and chair. Bathroom with vanity area and separate toilet and bath/tub combo. Although the suite was not large, it was nice to have separated spaces. The king bed was comfy and good linens. Robe was included and very minimal toiletries. Ice machine down the hall and small "marketplace" next to the reception for snacks, drinks, etc.

The self parking is $14 per day and is covered in a multi-story parking structure behind and is connected. Drop your luggage off at the entrance though. $20 per day for valet parking.

Close by is a Starbucks and Jamba Juice. Also, close is the California Pizza Kitchen where we went for dinner one night, it was just ok. There is a gas station on the corner for drinks and a CVS if you go under the freeway. Fitness Center is close to the outdoor small pool and jacuzzi. The kids had fun in the pool.

I loved the location, within walking distance to the Galleria, given it's not the middle of summer! Also, close by is Highland Village on Westheimer Road. Took the kids to movie and Chuck E Cheese nearby. Went shopping at Old Navy, 2 blocks away. And we loved the Central Market, very upscale and gourmet grocery store where we bought yummy sandwiches.

Had a really great time at Sheraton and the kids had a blast. It worked out great for my needs for this trip and loved the location. Close to everything !Too bad this property doesn't have a Club Lounge, which is always a great amenity for Starwood Platinum members.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SusieJue
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I needed a hotel for a pre-cruise stay for one night and this hotel met my family's (two parents and two teens) needs nicely. Living room was nice and roomy as was the bedroom. The vanity area of the bathroom was separate from the toilet/bath which was nice when you have four people trying to use the same bathroom. Lots of restaurant options nearby. Check in was fast and efficient. Parking was pricey...$14 for self park and $21 for valet. Room was clean and toiletries were a nice orange spice flavor and met my two teenage daughters' approval. I would stay there again if I wanted to be close to the galleria.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the 610 loop and it was entertaining but a little loud if you don...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel is pretty standard, check in was friendly and efficient. I had brought a bottle of wine and the concierge provided a wine opener and nice glass from the Omaha Steak House.
Rooms are clean although bathroom is a little dark. There is a refrigerator but not a microwave which I thought was odd for a "suite" property.
I was here for business and that is really what it is best suited for, you walk by a rather pathetic pool area coming from the parking garage so that is certainly not a draw.
There is a parking garage adjacent to the hotel but it costs $13...valet is $20. In hindsight, after a really long travel day I should have just gone with the valet.... bringing in all the luggage and navigating a small elevator and doorways was not worth the $7 difference!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Not too much to say about this hotel. My stay was for 3 nights and I wanted to be near the Galleria. I was on the Starwood Preferred Floor (Floor 14) and my room was well maintained and very clean.

The front desk staff who checked me in were very pleasant and recognized my status. I had a Fed-Ex delivered and as soon as it arrived they called up to see if they could deliver it.

Traffic can get backed up on the road in front of the hotel during peak times making it difficult or a long wait to pull into the hotel entrance.

1  Thank TravelinKenChi