“Pretty nice place. Older, but okay shape.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #101 of 501 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison
“Pretty nice place. Older, but okay shape.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is an old place, but seems to be pretty clean. Suites are small, even with upgrade.

Very short on outlets for electrical things. Had to unplug lamps to make enough outlets.

Internet speeds very slow.

Very loud if on the freeway side of building.

Housekeeping good. Beds comfortable.

Room Tip: Get room on side away from freeway.
1 Thank ClickTheGeek
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the gift of feedback, it is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet up to your expectations. As a management team we take all comments seriously so that we may resolve any and all issues.

We will be completing a multi-million dollar renovation of the hotel over the course of summer 2013, in which our guest rooms will be getting completely refurbished. As we complete this renovation our new work desks as well as one of the night stands by the bed will come equipped with a power pack, to allow for the easy connection of multiple chargers.

Additionally we are in the process of performing an Internet upgrade and will have a 50Mbps Fiber Internet connection installed by the end of spring 2013. The restaurant and bar will also be getting a completely new look.

With the addition of the Sheraton Club on the 15th floor and the new look and feel in our 8,000 square feet of meeting space; we look forward to welcoming you back!

JamalM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I like the idea of having all the rooms being a mini suite. The rooms were cozy and the bed was comfortable. But, the place could definitely use a remodeling. The place is definitely outdated. The building looks old, the rooms look old, the pool looks very plain, and the sheraton fitness center could definitely be at a better location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank albert y
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

If this were 1994 the hotel would look brand new and I would be happy. The rooms and facilities definitely need to be updated. Checkin process was quick and easy as a SPG Gold member. I really think as a guest, self parking should be included however costs $15/day.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

The Sheraton Suites is in a great location, within blocks of the Galleria, excellent restuarant choices and plenty to do. Though the price for the hotel was more than I typically pay for a Sheraton the fact that I got an upgrade did help. All suite hotel was nice, had a few people over to watch the game and get some work done.

Didn't use the pool but it wasn't all that big...but enough for getting out of the sun. Omaha steak house and bar within the hotel.

Best thing about this hotel for this particular trip was the free shuttle service they offered. Our clients were less than a mile away but it was pouring....so the hotel was great about shuttling us there and picking us up when our meetings were over (just let the driver know when to pick you back up). The shuttle is free but is on first come first serve but worked for us (just tip well each trip $5-$10) to keep the driver coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty much the same but since all are suites all are nice. Both bedroom and living a...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed at this starwood property last week- 1/23 to 1/25. First off, beware- parking is $14 a night which is something you can't avoid. I had my company paying so it didn't bother me, but if that was coming out of my pocket, I'd be a bit perturbed. I found the rooms to be layed out incredibly well. I had a view overlooking the highway, yet my room was quiet, so it was never an issue. The bed was comfy, the linens were clean, I had 2 nice sized TVs etc.

Upon my arrival, I was informed that I picked a good time to visit. Wendesday was their monthly networking/ appreciation happy hour. I stopped by for a glass of wine, a few snacks, and some ideas of what to do in my spare time while I was in town for business. Everyone was very nice.

I went to the gym both days. It was modern, clean, and they had everything I needed, minus a fan. The stagnant air in there is pretty heavy. Be careful showering after the gym too. I'm a fairly fit 28 year old and i totally lost traction in the shower and fell face first. The hotel staff provided me some band-aids so i could get through the day.

I ordered room service for dinner one night. I'm not sure if it's a recurring thing amongst Starwood hotels, or if its a 'bigger in Texas', but my bowl of soup and a salad was far from the light meal i intended. The garden salad had cheese and nuts on it. I asked if the soup was vegetarian and I was assured 3 onion and cheese soup was. It came resembling French Onion soup which is absolutely not vegetarian, so to be safe, I didn't eat it. That stuff can make you feel so sick!

I also had to follow up to get my Starwood Green Points added back to my account. They forgot to add them. They were happy to do so when I reached out though.

All in all, for the price, it was decent. Not a bargain, but I don't regret it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bergen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Hotel is old and unmodern, and needs a major clean up. The carpets at the room and in the corridors is dirty and smells like containing a lot of ship and dust. The whole establishment is no longer up to date, except the fitness room that was new and well quipped. Staff gave good service and does a great job.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stifinneren
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hotel is in a good location near the mall but careful of the traffic going in and out of the hotel. The room is roomy and clean but decoration and color kind of dull. Peoples around the hotel are very helpful and will accommodate you very quickly. I did not know about the extra charge of $14.00/day for self parking.... so be ware and know that there is extra to pay.

My last day at the hotel was not a pleasure one (I booked 7 days). There is totally no hot water for almost the whole day, can not get a good shower for the meeting. I ended up take the cold one (I have to) and get sick for the rest of my week (outside was cold in the30). When checked out, the hotel offered 2 free parking day for the inconvenient, I ask if they can do more..... they said the best they can do is 3 free parking days (I hope they can give me 1 day hotel rental free of charge - but they did not)

Well, after almost a week now, I am still sick (may be cold or flu from the cold shower)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends