“Sheraton suites galleria Houston”

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #106 of 508 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Sheraton suites galleria Houston”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here memorial weekend with my fiancée while we were visiting family from Dallas. I've lived in Houston before so I strategically picked this hotel location as it was right off the central highway which made it super convenient. Mind you, if you are not from Houston be aware the galleria/westheimer rd area is quite congested and there's usually lots of traffic-- something that I was prepared for so it was not to terrible. The staff was great, picked this hotel because we also had our 50lb Australian Shepard with us so it made me quite happy that they were pet friendly!! The room was very nice, only gripe I had was that the sheets could have been much cleaner as the comforter had stains on it. If the bed was a bit tidier I would have given the hotel better ratings but the entire experience was an overall good one.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm staying here for a conference after not staying here for ~ 1 year.
The good news is that the renovation is complete. The bar is in place and the club on the 15th floor is finished. The remodel is nicely done.
The good: nice, attentive staff. The restaurant manager checked on me in the bar after I vetoed the restaurant because it was I too loud due to a happy hour taking place in the back. I like the chilled, bottled water offered in the lobby.
The bad: the club lounge. I went up on Monday night and there was no food and the server informed me that the wine would be $19 a glass ( while she as pouring the wine). The following morning, I went up for breakfast and found a very limited menu followed by a ticket to sign with a spot to add gratuity. I've stayed at Sheratons all over the world and have never had this happen. It was tacky. If they can't afford to pay their staff, then don't offer the club. In the room, there wasn't a robe. The management would be wise to consider what is offered at other Sheratons nearby and offer a comparable product, especially when they charge more per room.

Room Tip: Get one Way from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 2Texas_Travellers
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had a good deal through booking.com and that made it even better. Great rooms, very good beds and the staff is awesome. Hotels in Europe cab learn from this big time.

The bar is above average and there is a nice fitness room. Only negative thing is the loud beeps in the elevators on every single floor

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
North England
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am a little surprised by some of the recent negative comments. We saw nothing dated or deteriorated in this hotel. The room/suite was fine and spacious. All somewhat typical of what you can expect in a chain hotel, but safe and reliable and I would have no hesitation in staying here again if I need somewhere in the West side of Houston. Staff were very helpful - when I phoned downstairs to ask if there was somewhere I could use a computer to check-in online for a flight they simply did it for me immediately and brought the boarding passes to our room - I know that is not rocket science but it leaves me wondering if some reviewers were staying the same hotel that I experienced. I find it disappointing being asked to pay for car parking at any hotel anywhere, but that seems to be the norm in this location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Staying at this hotel during OTC coneference in 2014. My company uses the hotel a lot and there is usually a big run on hotels in the Houston area for this conference. This, in my humble opinion, does not justify though, for the hotel to do a total rip off.
When I arrived and checked in they asked for a deposit as hotels often do, they did not inform what sort of amount and as such they actually withdrew an amount in excess of USD 1000 more than what the stay would cost, including some food etc.
This I could understand if this was a high quality hotel however it is quite used and worn so in no way would I say worth that sort of level.

Highly unlikely I will be comming back to stay here and will ask for the hotel to be taken under consideration within our company

Room Tip: Get one facing the back as otherwise you will be woken up by the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PeterTerk
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here a few years ago and it was great. This property and it's staff has deteriorated badly. Pulled up at hotel- there is a valet stand but no valet. I went in and left hubs in car. Asked front desk if they had a valet. He said yes- just wait awhile and they would show up. (10 minute wait) We got the luggage rolling rack ourselves from lobby, took it to car, unloaded and took it to room. Left the rack outside of our room. It was still there when we checked out 2 days later. We named it!

Surly front desk agent said wifi would be free due to our starwood status. Surly agent finally agreed to comp valet since it took so long. Bill at checkout had both wifi and the valet parking. Surly front desk again number 2 rudely said my Starwood status wasn't high enough for free wifi. I said her colleague had offered it. She credited it with a loud sigh. Same with the valet parking..

Made our reservation via Starwood- requested and was told we would get a rollaway. Checked in with the surly front desk agent who rudely informs us that no rollaway is allowed. We had also requested feather free room due to allergies. First, surly desk agent said our room was feather free. Then, he said he needed to check. Then he said he would send housekeeping. Housekeeping came 1 hour later- brought a few feather free pillows but said we could keep the feather ones. Um no.

Overall- cruddy hotel. Will definitely stay elsewehere next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had the misfortune of spending 3 nights at this hotel. I had noticed that the message light was blinking on the phone, so I called the front desk. I was told to report downstairs to leave a deposit for the amenities that I had used as reported by housekeeping. When I went downstairs to speak to the manager, I was told that housekeeping had noticed that I had consumed a liter bottle of water and that I must pay the hotel five dollars for the water. I informed the manager that none of the amenities had been used by me, as I took my own shampoo, and soap, I also requested that he acompany me to my room to verify for himself. He declined and said he would take the charge off of my bill. At this point I told him he had inconvenienced me by having me report to him, and that I wanted him to go and see for himself which he did. When he verified that all of the water bottles, soaps, and shampoo were still there he again apologized at which point I asked the hotel stop informing housekeeping to lie about what is used in order to make more money for the hotel by fabricating charges on people's bill by charging them even more money. I also informed him that the restroom door was so narrow one almost had to enter sideways as the space inside the restroom was also very reduced. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, and if you do stay there, check your bill for hidden charges on things you do not use.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back due to the freeway noise.
Green Features: This hotel is not bus friendly due to the islands and trees in the back parking lot
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business