“Great price, great hotel.”

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #100 of 511 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
jacksonville
“Great price, great hotel.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Sheraton Suites Galleria over 4th of July weekend while visiting family in Houston. I was very impressed with the hotel from the moment I walked in. The rooms were spacious, nicely designed and very comfortable. I did not want to leave the Sheraton when I left. The hotel was also very well placed and had amazing complimentary shuttle and free internet. I truly feel this hotel is great for any travelers: Business, family, romance etc...... I also thought the pricing of the parking was great as well and cheaper than other hotels I previously stayed. Overall, when I come back to Houston the Sheraton Suites Near The Galleria would definitely be a option.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and got a chance to experience our complimentary wireless Internet access as well as our courtesy shuttle service.

Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Warm regards,
JamalM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay near the Galleria. My family decided to meet up in Houston and The places I normally stay we're not available. I was offered this place which I reluctantly accepted at first but to my surprise the place is good. My room is big for a hotel. It has a nice living space separate from the bedroom, great bed and nicely appointed room.

Stayed July 2014
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our suites, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Warm regards,
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I treated my husband to a surprise getaway weekend as a birthday celebration. The moment that you enter into this hotel and pass a personnel, you felt welcome. The front desk clerk, others that was walking about, throughout the hotel, everyone was friendly and made you welcome. The suite was very clean, the sofa in the living room was very comfortable, the bed was heavenly as always for a Sheraton brand bed. We had planned to eat the the hotel restaurant that hosted a mystery dinner but my husband enjoyed the room so much that he preferred to stay in the room. We did eat the buffet breakfast the next morning. The food was great! Great choices of everything! You can walk to one of the largest Galleria to shop or eat at restaurants. The hotel also provided a shuttle ride to locations within close proximity. I definitely recommend this hotel & we will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed with a sleeper sofa. One bathroom. We were on the second floor from the top...
Green Features: The windows were very thick. I don't know about what pest control spray that they used. We did not inquire about the list that is shown regarding this hotel environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to you chose our hotel for a surprise weekend getaway and that you were able to enjoy the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Churt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was very impressed by this hotel. The room was beautifully done, very quiet, two Tvs and a little kitchen.

Unfortunately I could not turn off the tap in the bathroom but a cheerful engineer came veery quickly and replaced a component. This was excellent service.

The bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.

The famous Galleria is just around the corner from the hotel which is really worth a visit - especially since there is little else to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. There is a free shuttle bus to the Galleria but it really is within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and got a chance to explore the area by visiting the world renowned Galleria mall.

Ball
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very nice and clean rooms just walking distance to The a Galleria. As with all Sheratons the mattress are wonderful. The Starbucks coffee in room is as a plus. There is a Starbucks and a shopping center located behind the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Galleria view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and particularly liked our choice of in-suite coffee service; Starbucks.

The fact that we are walking distance to the Galleria Mall is further supplemented by the fact that we also offer a complimentary shuttle service within a 3-mile radius of the hotel which is available on a first come first serve basis.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would rate 3.5. I stayed in a suite for 5 nights - small, but nice lobby with computers to access internet - came in handy for checking email etc. when I was waiting for my rides.

My room had a small living room, desk, and separate sleeping room with sliding doors - that's a nice option when I travel with family, so I can watch TV/Work without disturbing them.
THe TV in the living room had a remote that didn't work - didn't bother to call help since I used the TV in the bedroom.

THe unit had one of those adjoining doors, but the sound insulation between me and the guest on the other side wasn't very good - could hear the neighbor cough, open a can of soda, if I was near the door.

I would pick/ask for a room on the opposite side of the freeway if possible - although I was on the freeway side, I didn't hear most of the busy traffic due to good sound insulating windows.

You can walk to the Galleria easily, and there's another strip mall behind with various restaurants. I didn't use the work out place, but it looked nice.

I opted for not having my room cleaned during my stay, and just called for more coffee packets, water etc. For that, SPG will give you either a bar credit or points for your SPG membership.

-Ed

Room Tip: select room opposite side of freeway
Green Features: good option to opt out of daily room service and in return get points or bar credit. Recycle bins in room, lobby was good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TheWalkingDude
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed The Link@Sheraton Experienced with Microsoft and that our suites provided you with the comfort to work as well as the relaxation your family needed on your trip.

We have shared your feedback about the issues you experienced with noise from the adjoining suite with all stakeholders involved. Also please know that the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service within a 3-mile radius on a first come first serve basis so that you may visit all of the dining, entertainment and shopping options that the uptown Galleria area has to offer.

The SPG Green Choice program is a great way to help the environment and get extra Starpoints during your visit and we were glad that you were able to utilize this service during your stay with us.

Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here one night. We found the hotel to be clean, well organized, and updated. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was well appointed, with a nice bathroom. There were plenty of towels, pillows, and toiletries. The bed was very comfortable. We had a good rest.

We were tired so decided to try the restaurant, The Plum, in the hotel. This place was supposed to be gourmet, but was really just expensive. We ordered fried tomatoes, and they were pretty bad. The braised short ends were excellent, but there was not much of them. Dessert was just average. Service was adequate, but not particularly good, and there was just one other group eating at that time. I can't recommend the place, but also would not say to steer clear.

The cost of the hotel was really reasonable. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaiiantaco
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and updated during your visit with us. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are designed to provide you with a good night's rest and we were happy to hear that it do just that.

We have shared your feedback about the issues you experienced in the hotel restaurant with all stakeholders involved as we value the feedback that you provided.