“Hyatt North Houston is a great hotel with s great in-house restaurant and fantastic service”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #87 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Hyatt North Houston is a great hotel with a great in-house restaurant and fantastic service. While it is a short drive from the airport, the personnel are definitely worth it. Here is an example: our family has a layover overnight on way to Cabo. Head to the restaurant for dinner. Great food by the way & very affordable. A week later we have a layover again. One of the waiters comes over and asks if we want the same drinks (and lists them off!). That is service! Front desk personnel were great as well. The only downside to this hotel is that if you want to not eat at the hotel, the restaurants in the area are very limited

• Stayed February 2012
Gabriel W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear ParaSport,

I am so excited that you had such a great time at our property. Every associate in the hotel strives to provide excellent service and it is always wonderful to hear when we have acheived our goal. We look forward to the next time you visit.

Gabriel Wall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here and attended a conference in February 2012. The hotel is good for business meetings. The room was reasonably large. There is not much to do in the Greenspoint area. I have heard that the Greenspoint mall is not very safe.

1 Thank Thomas W
Dear Tom1397,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our hotel. I am happy that you were satisfied with the size of your room and that you were able to enjoy your stay while you attended your conference. We certainly hope we have earned your loyalty and will be excited to host your conference in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Got this hotel on Priceline for $60 a night (including all fees and taxes). Very good hotel for the money. Hotel used to be a Crown Plaza, and still had some of the Crown Plaza colors and decor here and there. Building in the midst of upgrades with change over to Hyatt. Nice changes, but still some work ongoing.

We confirmed with the hotel that we needed a 2 bed room, and they were very quick to reply via email, confirming our request. But, when we checked in and went up to our room, turned it was a single King Bed only. With 2 adults and 2 kids, that wasn`t going to work. Went down to the front desk to note the issue. The system says the room has 2 beds, but the conversion process to being a Hyatt, has left some system issues. The only other room available that night, also said it was a 2 bed room, but once checked, it too was in fact a single ked bed too. So, no choice but to have a roll out bed and be moved the next day. Ended up moving right next door the next day, all was fine.

Rooms nicely upgrade, but still some older fixtures and fittings here and there (ie. lights, switches, ect.). Beds and bedding really good. TV's were nice flat screens.

The pool is open every day and is quite nice. But, very cold! Weather was only around 50-60F and rainy. Hot tub was nice. But, really wish pool had been heated (or heated a lot more). It was freezing cold. Really nice I`m sure when the weather allows for it. Hotel right next to the freeway. So noisy outside in the pool area.

Just the 1 restaurant. Prices and food was fine. I just didn`t like the manditory 18% gratuaty added to the bill.

Location ok for a quick night. But, not so good for 2 or 3 days. Nothing really to do in the area, nor anywhere the shuttle will take you that`s really good and or safe. The only mall they will shuttle you too (Greenspoint), as the nick name `Gunspoint` Mall. It`s dicey at best.

Again, good for the money. But, probably wouldn`t want to pay full price here.

Room Tip: They`re all about the same really.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Gabriel W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Fishboy100,

I am happy to hear about your pleasurable stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the initial mix up with the rooms and I assure you this has been corrected. I am glad, however, that we were able to get this issue reconciled so you were able to have an enjoyable stay. Thank you so much for your feedback and we are excited to continue having you as a guest at our hotel.

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed one night and had a Women of Founders Retreat in which I coordinated with the hotel for this event. All went smooth and we had an excellent time. We eat three meals and the food was wonderful. The rooms were very nice and the staff was friendly. If you are planning an event this is the place to host it at.

Dear mrscandy88,

Thank you so much for your positive review. It sounds like every aspect of your stay was wonderful, and it is so nice knowing that we made your stay special. It was a pleasure hosting your group and we look forward to many more events with the Women of Founders Retreat in the future.

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I booked three rooms for a 2 night stay at this hotel in January when it was Coast Hotel, checking in Feb 1st 2012, the day we checked in it was taken over by Hyatt, the entire amont for the stay was charged to our company credit card pior to arrival. When checking in they asked for the credit cards from each guest for the indvidual rooms if there were any extra room charges, I used my personal card for my room. A few days after we checked out numerous charges started appearing on my personal credit card ($638.21) above the full payment already processed on the company credit card used at time of booking. I undestand there may be some issues due to the fact that they have new ownership, however, my frustration is that I have callled the hotel numerous times, sometimes being put thru to another phone that just keeps ringing, once was forful and asked to be put thru to a person, that person listened to my concern then said they would transfer me to someone else, AGAIN, put on hold and call was never picked up. Called again and directed to someones voicemail, I left a message, it was never returned. My last call I explained to the person who answered what the call was regarding and asked to speak to a manager, once again I received someones voicemail.....AND ALL OF THESE CALLS ARE LONG DISTANCE FROM CANADA AS I CAN'T FIND A TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR THEM.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Gabriel W, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Debbie R,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the billing issue that you experienced and the frustration that was also created by not being able to get a hold of someone who could effectively assist in resolving that issue. You and I were finally put in contact on the 21st and I was able to resolve this billing issue, as well as compensate you for all of the trouble you had in getting this resolved in a timely manner. I certainly hope you are satisfied with the resolution and I look forward to having you back at our hotel in the future. If there is anything I can be of further assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards