“Amazing comfort”

The Lancaster Hotel
Ranked #2 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being hard to please, the hotel did just that without effort. From the cub side greeting, to the front desk warmth, and overall feeling of all needs being taken care of. This jewell scores high on my scale of happiness.
Super clean, really comfortable bed, large bathroom, relaxing atmosphere, and wonderful staff.

It was a memorable birthday celebration and we will keep this hotel on our must stay list.

Room Tip: Many dining options close by, walk and look around first. Then dive in. Wonderful weekend getaway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and happy belated birthday! Comments like this really make our day. We hope to see you back for your birthday next year or even sooner!
Sales & Catering Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

First stay in this hotel, central for business, theater and the courthouse. Room was fine, bed was very comfortable, bathroom was without fault. Large flatscreen tv and Sony radio with ipod dock. The hotel doesnt have its own fitness center but offers access to a good one a block away, which is no problem though might be iritating were it raining. Buffet breakfast is fine, on par with several other hotels in Houston. Good and free wifi (which is seamless from your room via the elevators to the restaurant :-) ) suits me, I resent paying for that these days. Valet parking but there are public parking lots around within a couple of blocks for those like me that prefer to retain control over their car. Staff were always friendly and service oriented. The lack of a pool is the only negative but those downtown with a pool would probably cost a lot more. If you are looking to stay downtown this hotel should certainly be considered.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! Exceeding our guests' expectations is our number one priority and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great valet service. Checked in easy with the great staff. Beautiful one bedroom suite on the 12th floor. Very good breakfast buffet at the bistro. My wife and I can't wait to go back. Great location downtown. Wortham Ctr., Jones Hall and plenty of good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014

We hope this was just the first of many anniversaries that you will celebrate with us at The Lancaster Hotel - thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a find, I frequent Houston monthly and have stayed everywhere, the Woodlands, Katy, Clear Lake, Kingwood, and downtown, best bang for the buck by far! As others have said, immaculate rooms, great restroom finishes, most comfy bed and exceptional service! I have found my home away from home.

Room Tip: I had a corner room, facing West, no problems.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review - we can't wait to have you back again the next time you are traveling to downtown Houston!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Lancaster Hotel's restaurant, Bistro, is beautifully appointed and has an extensive menu with wonderful and creative selections for either pre-Matinee Breakfast/Lunch or post-Matinee Dinner after seeing a theatre play at the Alley Theatre located right across the street.

Consequently, we've been coming to Bistro for years, especially on Saturdays when we have driven in from North Central Texas bringing one of our Snobby Tours, Inc. tour groups to attend a Matinee stage production at "The Alley". It's the perfect place to have a leisurely late breakfast or early lunch prior to walking across the street to the theatre, or for a light Supper prior to heading back home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review of The Bistro! You will have to come back soon as our new executive chef will be debuting a new menu in the coming months!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently was trying to travel back to Boston. Unfortunately United Airlines is a mess and I stayed at the Houston Airport for over 8 hours. My friend's wife recommended I stay at the Lancaster to recharge my battery. I arrived at this luxury hotel and was immediately in awe. The decor, the smell, the building were absolutely beautiful. From top to bottom the hotel was spotless and impeccably designed. I then went to the front desk where I met the most amazing person I have ever met in this life, Russel Casanova. Not only was he pleasant and beyond helpful, he was hysterical and an absolute delight. For days I have been miserable due to my airport experience, and finally (after hanging out with Russell) a smile was forever stuck on my face.

Now to the room. My God, this hotel is a true work of art. Russell put me in one of the best suites the hotel had to offer, the Digiorgio Suite. The room (or rooms) were a huge living room/dining room, exquisite bedroom and fabulous bathroom. And to add, an impeccable view of the city as well as beautiful decor in every room. I honestly felt like I was undeserving of such a spectacular room.

And after staying at the Lancaster I should add that the bed was beyond comfortable, the shower was perfect pressure, beautiful tile, and had the smoothest of towels, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. Furthermore, the dinner at the hotel was fabulous! I loved the old Texas prints in the restaurant!

If you stay at the Lancaster, prepare to be wowed; wowed by the staff, the food, the amenities, the beautifully-crafted rooms and the sensational overall treatment.

Room Tip: Honestly.. no room is a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Wow, what a wonderful review, thank you so much! Russell is our unofficial ambassador - we can always count on him to bring a smile to our guests' faces. I am glad we were able to turn a terrible experience into a memorable one. Please come back to see us the next time you are in Houston!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My ideal hotel is spotless without a trace of dust. The Lancaster fit the bill. The staff was friendly, polite, and accommodating. The room was small but ideal for the overnight stay and the bed was extraordinarily comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Surprisingly,I don't think I have ever tasted scrambled eggs done that perfectly. The downside was that there was no gym on premises; however, the free pass to the local gym was sufficient.Overall, I was pleased with the hotel and will likely stay at the Lancaster the next time I return to Houston on business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!