“Thanks”

The Lancaster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We made multiple visits to Houston this summer, and stayed at the Lancaster each time. Ongoing terrific service by Diana, Russell and the rest of the staff, including the valet staff. We are very appreciative of the courtesy and service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

What an honor to be your 1st choice hotel when visiting Houston. Thank you for the admirable comments towards our staff. It makes our day to receive this kind of feedback from our guests. We can't wait to see you again! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I arrived in Houston long before check-in time and went in to ask if we could leave our luggage until check-in time allowing us time to explore Downtown. Not only did the staff securely store our luggage but, also had a room ready for us within an hour. We were able to see some of the many tourist sights within walking distance of The Lancaster and return to our room to relax before walking to Minute Maid park to catch an Astro's game. The concierge and housekeeping staff were great, customer focused and top notch. The location, parking, breakfast, and great staff made us feel like we were in a hotel that typically charges three times what we paid.

The next time I visit Houston The Lancaster is my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review! Cleanliness and customer service is of utmost importance to us and we are glad that you particularly complimented our concierge and housekeeping departments. It is so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy a nice weekend downtown and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We hope to see you again! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you're looking for a nice hotel with great proximity to many restaurants, the theater district and venues like the soccer stadium or MinuteMaid Park, The Lancaster is the place for you. Jones Hall is right across the street and there are many good restaurants within easy walking distance (no more than 3 blocks). The bonus is that The Lancaster will drive you anywhere withing 3 miles of the hotel. This quaint old building houses beautiful interiors and a small but adequate restaurant and bar area. There is a great free breakfast in the mornings consisting of scrambled eggs, two meat choices, pancakes or French toast, cold cereal selection, yogurt cups, fresh fruit, pastries, bread for toast, cranberry and orange juices, coffee and hot tea plus water. I highly recommend dinner -- the service and food are both exceptional. My husband and I stayed in room 505 just off the elevator and it was surprisingly quiet. You will hear a little noise outside the windows particularly if you are a light sleeper like my husband and especially if there are any ambulances in the area but considering The Lancaster is in a busy area, it is exceptionally quiet. We had a room with a king bed and it was very spacious for two people -- including a desk, a tv mounted to the wall which could be turned numerous directions, a sofa and chair, small refrigerator in the closet below pull out drawers for clothing, a luggage rack and a super nice bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and large sink area for toiletries and coffee maker. There are even two super soft robes in the closet to use. I felt The Lancaster was a very good value for the money and I liked it's warm decor and friendly, helpful staff much better than Hotel Icon. If you're interested in investigating Buffalo Bayou, it's an easy walk to this area or you can rent a bicycle right across the street. Make sure you get to the mezzanine level to look at the old Houston maps. There were two that I saw and both were so interesting to look over. Also, there's a place called the Lion's Den where you can go to pick up toiletries you might have left at home or pick up a snack, drink or even dinner. This is a fabulous place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors (5 and above) most likely have less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Wow, what a review! Reading this made our day here at The Lancaster and we have shared this with all of our staff. We are so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I almost don't want to write this review as I am afraid they may be booked from now on..
The reason why I chose the Lancaster was because it sits right next door to my companies headquarters. I called them to book for the week. Spoke to Dianna.(who was so awesome!) She even set up a driver to pick me up from the airport...
Driver was waiting for me on time, walked into the hotel and was taken back in time. Absolutely Beautiful! My room was amazing, food was spectacular, Dianna was awesome!!!
Found my new Houston home!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are thrilled to be your new "home away from home" during your business travels to Houston!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are from Australia traveling in the US for 6weeks. This hotel is one of our favorite stay and we wish we stayed more than one night!

Why? Because
- The price was great! It came with breakfast and car service.
- The interior and ambiance was not only classy but furnitures and design was also beautifully done.
- love the linens (soft & plush) as well as the brass (bronze) fittings in the bathroom.
- They had a complimentary car service for which we used to go to the Toyota Concert and didn't have to deal with taxis.
- Attendants were friendly especially the driver of the hotel car service. We didn't have any credits to call the hotel to pick us up. So he gave us his mobile number so we can text him to let him know when he can pick us up after the concert. Very impress with that.

Wish all hotels are like this but unfortunately not many are. I Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank UltimaCeldranClancy

We are so glad that you chose us for your travels to Houston!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Lancaster is in a great location in the heart of the theater district and an easy walk to take in an Astros game at Minute Maid Field. They also offer a free shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Our room was large, beautifully furnished, and quiet. The daily breakfast buffet is expansive and delicious. We were also really pleased with the service as and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to provide the very best amenities for our guest and we are particularly glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay in The Lancaster every trip to Houston (~every 2 weeks) because I don't think there is a better overall hotel in town. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and nicely appropriated, the restaurant/bar has great food and ambiance, walking distance to many other restaurants/shows/events, they remember my preferences and do little things to make me feel at home. I travel quite a bit for work and typically hotels lose their luster quickly with me. I truly appreciate what The Lancaster brings to its clients and the value they place on the individual. Great place for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thank M. Shane H

We appreciate your loyalty and we thank you for making us your first choice hotel for your business travel to Houston!