Lowest prices for your stay
Algotels
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Old world class !
Review of The Lancaster
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Sept 2016via mobile
+++ cannot recommend this hotel enough !

The beds have to be the comfiest I've ever slept it, and it's quite a novelty them being so high - I like it ! Quilt and pillows are so soft ! The general style and decor appeals to me, as it's reminiscent of old world England, which is cosy and classy at the same time.

Breakfast is perfect for me - pastries, breads, bagels, fresh made waffles, salmon, meats, cheese and fruit. I love a bagel with cream cheese and salmon or bacon so I was a happy girl :-)

The staff are lovely, helpful and always have a smile on their faces. Makes the whole experience very easy going and pleasant. Glad I chose this hotel from all the others on offer in Houston !
£169
    £125
5.7 miles from The Lancaster
View more hotels in Houston
2,485 results
All reviews jones hall the theater district mezzanine level complimentary snacks hobby center boutique hotel f b beautiful hotel favorite hotel valet parking the general manager visit houston valet service the entire staff bed was very comfortable definitely stay here again yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2016

If you need a good night's sleep, stay here. I arrived at the Lancaster for my first stay very late and I was exhausted. However, the friendly front desk staff immediately boosted my mood with their understanding and genuine attempts to accommodate me and lift my spirits up. Then, once I got to the room, I was surprised at how spacious it was. It felt more like a suite. However, the best part did not come until the morning. I woke up after one of the best nights of sleep in weeks. Although the hotel is downtown, it was dead quiet during the night, and even early morning. Also, the shower had perfect pressure - and I am very picky about that stuff. They also offer free passes to a gym right next door. I did not get to use them as I was in a hurry to get to the airport but I surely will next time. Also, you have Starbucks dark coffee in the room - not the usual cheap chain hotel stuff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Our windows are double-paned to make sure our guests don't get any noise in their rooms. Our goal is for you to have the best night of sleep ever- so I'm pleased to hear that you did! We also think water pressure is an extremely important (and sometimes overlooked!) feature of a hotel- we think our showers are pretty great, too. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope you'll be back again very soon. Best, Lauren W, Hotel Management

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I stayed at The Lancaster last week for two days. The excellent customer service started with the great guys working the front doors and ended with the amazing bartender at the end of my first day. Everyone was exceptionally courteous.
The room was better than I anticipated. I travel about half of the year for work so I've gotten used to a certain level of corporate furnishings but this hotel is different. I plan to stay there the next time I come in town for work. It's my new favorite option in Houston!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

We definitely strive to be different than most, and I'm glad to see that we've hit the mark with you! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like you may be in Houston frequently for work- we look forward to your next visit! Best, Lauren W, Hotel Management

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This is one of the best places I’ve stayed in Texas! I’d give 5-stars for the friendly and efficient team (valet, doormen, front desk) to the luxurious rooms. The rooms are delicately decorated. The walls and doors were thick so there were no noise complaints. The beds are very soft and comfortable. The King-sized bedroom was a good size and included a sitting area with a couch and armchair. The bath products smelled great! Overnight valet was $20 per night, which I thought was very fair for downtown. Complimentary buffet breakfast had plenty of satisfying options. The Lion’s Den lounge is a good public space to hang out, though their HD channels are not working yet. We didn’t eat in the restaurant but it was packed near dinner time. I would definitely stay here again an recommend this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of The Lancaster! I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time I hope you get a chance to try the Bistro; our food is excellent - my favorites are the crab cakes, and the bread pudding! We hope you'll be back again very soon. Sincerely, Lauren W, Hotel Management

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I was attending Houston Ballets Summer Intensive, and me and my mom needed a place to stay for a couple days before check in. This hotel was amazing! The rooms were very nice, and suited your regular needs. The rooms were clean. The was a breakfast every morning, and it was like a buffet there were so many options and the food was delicious! Also, if you need to go somewhere within 3 miles of the hotel, they will drive you there! They also have a private parking lot where they will park your car for you. It was not expensive to stay each night, it was the perfect price. Excellent Hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We love our ballet guests! Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Houston, and I'm glad you could get off on the right foot at The Lancaster before your program. We hope you'll be back again soon! Best, Lauren W, Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Excelent hotel, very well situated, friendly and efficient staff. The room was spacious with many amenities and the complimentary breakfast had it all.
Special thanks to the very proffessional transport services (thank you Bon & David, you were gorgeus!!). Next time we come to Houston we´ll definetively stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of The Lancaster! Our valet and transportation team is definitely top notch! Thank you for recognizing them. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you'll be back again very soon. Best, Lauren W, Hotel Management