“Great location in the Galleria”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #117 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Tyler, Texas
“Great location in the Galleria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

If shopping is your objective, this is a great property. I stayed here one night for a conference and thought it had a super location in the Galleria mall. The front desk staff was wonderful -- very helpful, fast and friendly. Having some of the meeting rooms actually across the mall was a little strange. Additionally, the elevators were more than frustrating. I don't know if some were out of order or what, but they were excrutiatingly slow to arrive. I also did not find the pillows and bed heavenly or whatever Westin calls them now. And as with so many hotels recently, the shower was lacking. I wish hotels would simply opt for one adjustable shower head with good pressure. However, this is a great hotel for a shopping trip to Houston -- plenty of great places to shop and eat. Nice conference location for the same reasons.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Veracruz, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Hi, I have been staying at the Westin Galleria quite some time now and everytime I am more than satisfied to come back, both for business or pleasure purposes. The service from its staff is superb, specially Mr. Ruiz from the Guest Relation desk. Just a quick mail before arrival, he really helps to make your stay worth it. I am pretty sure they are newer hotels around the area but the location, with free parking, makes these hotels (Westin Oaks & Westin Galleria) worth choosing over.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear Eaamieva,

Thank you so much for the five star review of our hotel! We appreciate your kind words regarding the outstanding service you have received at our property and we truly appreciate your loyalty. We look forwarding in welcoming you back soon!

Be Well,

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I was in a quick business trip. I needed great efficiency since the registration until the expediate check out for purposes of my business!!!! It was amazing how the people understand your needs. When I arrvied my room was ready, even I had time to enjoy a complimentary coffe at my room before my business meeting. At the end of the day I enjoyed some time at the Galleria Mall. The end of the day was outstanding: I slept with great comformt and I received a wake up call exacltly as I required. I used the business center facilty for my previous airline check in. It was GREAT !!!! The facility is outstanding, clean and comfortable. It is really a pleasure to go the the Westin Galleria, I can trust them for their outstanding quality in facility and service. I gladly will stay at the Westin Galleria again for my business and I plan to take my family to have a wonderful vacation there too. My deep gratitude to all the Westin Galleria staff !!!!!!

Northridge, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were great. Very spacious and comfortable. I had a King size bed and it was very comfortable. I had a great night of sleep. The staff was very accommodating. My only complaint was that the parking was tricky. If you are a tourist it's a fun hotel to stay in since it's right inside the galleria mall. Also the Daily Grill just outside of the hotel has the best macaroni & cheese!

san antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The galleria area is the place to stay for business or leisure. This hotel is due for a refurb, rooms are large and mine included a patio. The furnishings are old and the onsite dinning/entertainment options are poor. The upside is free parking and a endless option for dinning and entertainment within 10 minutes of the hotel. If you can land a good deal for the rate ( $150 or less) this is a good option, otherwise go for the new limited service properties in the area ( Courtyard or A Loft) which have a better location and are both new ( less than 3 years).

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

There are several things that this Westin hotel need to improve. From the look and feel of the dark and seemingly stuffy hallways, the relatively audible air conditioning system, and quality of the linens and towels. These are not major issues but could use improvement at this stage. However, the one aspect I do want to point out here is my experience with the room service.

I arrived late Sunday evening from Toronto. By the time I got to the hotel and checked in, it was 10:30 PM, at which point I was famished. Most nearby restaurants in the area have closed their kitchen by 10 PM, so I had little choice but to order room service. I picked up the phone and ordered at around 10:45 PM, from the dinner menu which was clearly indicated is served up until 11:00 PM. The room service attendant was friendly and took the items I ordered without why issues, and promised me that the food will arrive around 30 minutes. I waited and waited, and at around 11:10 PM, i received a call informing me that my main dish is no longer available at this time even though I ordered it prior to 11:00 PM. The reason, I was told, was because the kitchen staff were no longer available to prepare them.

I didn't put up much of an argument, mainly due to fatigue and hunger at that point. So I replaced the item with one that is available in their late night dining (available 11:00 PM onwards). At that time I asked the attendant whether the appetizer I ordered will be a problem, but he assured me that the kitchen has confirmed that this one will be prepared.

Within 5 minutes of me putting the phone down, I got another call informing me that now the item they confirmed to be available before is no longer the case. I now had to replace it yet again. At this point, the staff offered me a 50% off the price of the total order. So now I assumed that I had to wait another 30 minutes for the order to arrive. I waited and waited and called them and eventually I got the food at around 11:55 PM.

I'm not going to rate this service as terrible, but I do think that this could have all been avoided if Westin kitchen staff would honor what has been written in the room service menu. Running out of stock of ingredients was one thing, but to have the kitchen staff become not available prior to the designated time is not acceptable for Westin.

The other thing I wanted to point out is that, Westin staff should by now realize that price discounts don't really count for much from the business traveler's end. Discounts from this kind of inconvenience are irrelevant for us because the benefit is not ours to keep. What I think should be offered instead are extra services and tangible good to make our stay more pleasant. This is a safer course of action for everyone (business traveler or casual travelers alike).

Dear KingmanP,

I am truly sorry to hear the service failures you experienced while being our guest. I completely understand your frustrations as well as the inconveniences you encountered regarding the late night situation with room service. I agree this type of situation is unacceptable and certainly not the standard at our hotel. At Westin, we have a passion for excellence in our service and meeting customer satisfaction and we apologize we failed to deliver on our promise during this visit. We appreciate your invaluable feedback and this issue will be addressed accordingly. We do hope you allow us another opportunity in the future to make a better impression.

With Kind Regards,

Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have stayed at The Westin about 5 times the past 6 months and I know the people at Westin Galleria and the Westin Oaks Houston and they really try to make you feel at home and they do... everybody starting with the people working at the front desk like Nicholas T. (his passion is Music) I call him the Zar Nicolas Romanov... he is very helpful and effective... to the kind people at the consierge like Maria A.(Travel) and Shirley J. (Dolls)... they really help you with anything you need or dream... And the front desk managers Tony J. (Music) MaryZoe M (Bermuda) and Teryn F. (Gaming)... they work very hard and they really make you feel like home... eveybody allways providing excellent service with a friendly smile and the right attitude... IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE HOME STAY AT THE WESTIN galleria or W.oaks... I would like to name all the people working at this two hotels but I cannot remember everybodys names... GO THERE AND EXPERIENCE GREAT SERVICE AT HOUSTON.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PUEBLOMATERNO
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear Pueblo Materno,

We sincerely appreciate you sharing this amazing experience with us! At Westin, our staff aims to consistently provide our guests with world class service and we are truly delighted Nicholas, Maria, Shirley, MaryZoe, Teryn and many others have made your experiences at the Westin Oaks & Westin Galleria memorable. We are happy to have you as part of our Westin family and we hope to see you again soon!

With Kind Regards,