Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
US$465
US$332
US$245
US$229
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$451
US$312
US$293
1,026 results
All reviewsheavenly bedself parkinglocation is greatrooms are largeeasy accessbusiness centerhotel restaurantbusiness tripenjoyed my stayconferencevaletgymgarageconveniencestarbucksproscons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel lobby is nice, but the rooms are very dated and in need of remodelling. The doors have a gp all the way around so I hear everything that happens in the hall, as well as my neighbors coughing all night. It so happens that my room has lockouts on both sides, which I have never seen before. The seals on the balcony slider are also very deteriorated and the road noise is no different if open or closed. The shower fixture is nice, but the ceiling is bubbled and cracking. I asked for another room, but was told they were sold out. Pretty good for a random tuesday, so perhaps that is why they don't feel any need to improve anything. The upside is you won't need an alarm to get up north of 6 AM as room service delivering early morning breakfast to the other guests is plenty loud enough. The beds are comfortable, but the noise makes it difficult to sleep. I will be coming back down for a week in a month, but won't be staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for one without lockouts (connected to other rooms) and one on a high floor or it will be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jason E
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Jason E,

We appreciate you having taken the time to review your recent stay at the Westin Galleria. We regret that due to our occupancy we were unable to move your room. You may be interested to know that our last remodel was in 2009 and per Starwood standards we are nearing our next remodel time. However we would like to gather more information from you regarding your stay, please contact us at WeCare@westin.com at your earliest convenience referencing your review.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer Rincon

Reviewed 21 October 2013

just checked in. have stayed here before numerous occasions. hotel is not what it used to be nor what I typically see with Starwood.

AC not working properly- last trip wasn't working correctly. engineering guy mentioned chilled water supply problem.

check in was less than usual friendly- not treated as a guest at what is ranked as one of Houston's 4 star hotels.

will find other accomodations next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I want to thank Jennifer Ronkin for arranging for my girlfriends and I to be in connecting rooms for the 1963 Lamar high School Reunion. We were able to visit with one another and laughed ourselves silly. It was great! It totally changed our shared reunion experience so Jennifer is my hero.
Also, want to mention Amber Baker. I spoke to her several times while I was there and she was so courteous and seemed to take a personal interest in my reunion activities and helping me in any way she could each time. She is awesome.
You have two exemplary employees and if I need a hotel in Houston again, I will return because of these two ladies!
Many thanks,
Marilyn Orr

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 5 days ... Had to change rooms since the first room was close by the air conditioning unit and very noisy. After that the stay was fine. Being integrated with the Galleria Shopping Mall was great for dining and shopping.
Room was clean and comfortable. Can be pricey depending on room specifications.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Excellent hotel for comfort and convenience with attentive staff. Having stayed here before, it was everything I expected and experienced in the past. Consistent excellence is a big plus. Will definitely try to stay here on next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms to fit any need. South facing roms have better view but still not much.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SanAntonioBailey
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear SanAntonioBailey,

We greatly appreciate your kind review of your recent stay at the Westin Galleria. We strive in creating an instinctive and personal interaction with our guests and are thrilled to hear that we fulfilled our commitment to you. We look forward to continuing hosting you during your trips to the Houston Galleria area.

Best wishes,