“Below Average Facility!”

Ranked #119 of 508 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Below Average Facility!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed there on Oct 24 thru Oct 26,2013.We were very disappointed withe the facility.From the beginning,we checked in,the agent was not very helpful.Her attitude was that is the way it is.There was no food & beverage facility on the premises,not even a coffee ship.I would except better service from Starwood operated hotels.I have been staying at Starwood hotels for several years.Never have been this disappointed.They were connected to a shopping mall,and they referred us to restaurants in the mall for breakfast and dinner.I could have stayed at amid-sacle hotel to have at least breakfast.Its not worth the name.

Room Tip: Look for another full service hotel,if you like to have at least breakfast at the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Anita J, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Greetings MT C,

We apologize to learn your overall expectations were not met during your recent stay! The Westin team is committed to providing an instinctive level of service and we regret your experience was less than you anticipated. Please contact us at wecare@westin.com referencing your review with your reservation details. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your check-in experience. You may be interested to know that our restaurant, The Daily Grill, is located on the second floor of the Westin Galleria which is accessible through the mall. I apologize if this information was miscommunicated to you. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and I hope to hear from you soon with additional feedback!

Kind Regards,

Anita Jain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
League City, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had a wonderful time...cannot beat the location and convenience. Parking was accessible and easy, option to park for free for a little longer walk. Michael and other members of the staff were friendly, helpful, and accomodated our requests for adjoining rooms and late checkout. Will definitely return! Rooms were quiet as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Staffordshire
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last week. Check-in was swift and our bags were delivered to our room promptly. The room was adequate for our needs - sadly there was no mini-bar in the room. There was sufficient wardrobe space and the bed was very comfortable. I do agree with some of the reviews on here - the rooms could do with an upgrade - the bathrooms especially! We had a problem with our loo but the maintainance guy arrived within minutes of our calling housekeeping and the issue was quickly resolved. There is no restaurant at the hotel but there are numerous ones within a few minutes walk in the mall. We did use room service and the breakfast was excellent - so no complaints there!!
All in all for a short 3 night break it suited our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Petite70
Belleplain, NJ
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Traveled to Houston for our anniversary and my travel agent booked this for us. So happy she did, staff very accommodating. Housekeepers and Front Desk always available. They gave us a small cork screw for our wine bottle; area maps available so we could tour this beautiful city. Only draw back was we received two beds and not the king size we ordered, Room was clean, refrigerator, safe and usual amenities. Restaurants and clean gym are within walking distance along with a Specs wines store, nail salon, shopping etc. Parking was free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear CherylAnnRD,

We are grateful to have shared such a special moment with you and your spouse. We are thrilled that our staff and location assisted in making this escape a memorable one! We hope to continue sharing such momentous occasions with you and providing you with exceptional service.

Best wishes,
Jennifer Rincon
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel lobby is nice, but the rooms are very dated and in need of remodelling. The doors have a gp all the way around so I hear everything that happens in the hall, as well as my neighbors coughing all night. It so happens that my room has lockouts on both sides, which I have never seen before. The seals on the balcony slider are also very deteriorated and the road noise is no different if open or closed. The shower fixture is nice, but the ceiling is bubbled and cracking. I asked for another room, but was told they were sold out. Pretty good for a random tuesday, so perhaps that is why they don't feel any need to improve anything. The upside is you won't need an alarm to get up north of 6 AM as room service delivering early morning breakfast to the other guests is plenty loud enough. The beds are comfortable, but the noise makes it difficult to sleep. I will be coming back down for a week in a month, but won't be staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for one without lockouts (connected to other rooms) and one on a high floor or it will be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason E
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Jason E,

We appreciate you having taken the time to review your recent stay at the Westin Galleria. We regret that due to our occupancy we were unable to move your room. You may be interested to know that our last remodel was in 2009 and per Starwood standards we are nearing our next remodel time. However we would like to gather more information from you regarding your stay, please contact us at WeCare@westin.com at your earliest convenience referencing your review.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer Rincon
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

just checked in. have stayed here before numerous occasions. hotel is not what it used to be nor what I typically see with Starwood.

AC not working properly- last trip wasn't working correctly. engineering guy mentioned chilled water supply problem.

check in was less than usual friendly- not treated as a guest at what is ranked as one of Houston's 4 star hotels.

will find other accomodations next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I want to thank Jennifer Ronkin for arranging for my girlfriends and I to be in connecting rooms for the 1963 Lamar high School Reunion. We were able to visit with one another and laughed ourselves silly. It was great! It totally changed our shared reunion experience so Jennifer is my hero.
Also, want to mention Amber Baker. I spoke to her several times while I was there and she was so courteous and seemed to take a personal interest in my reunion activities and helping me in any way she could each time. She is awesome.
You have two exemplary employees and if I need a hotel in Houston again, I will return because of these two ladies!
Many thanks,