1,083 results
All reviews heavenly bed direct access self parking location is great rooms are large business center hotel restaurant business trip enjoyed my stay conference valet gym garage convenience starbucks pros cons
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here with a booked tour, 100 of us on 2 buses. The other bus got there 2 hrs. before us, and they were still packed in the lobby waiting for rooms--so obviously we didn't have any either. In view of their inability to magic up some clean rooms, they did open the bar in the lobby for complimentary beer & wine, and also agreed to give us free wifi--NO, it's not included, the more you pay, the less you get. The restaurant makes up for a lot, the food is excellent, worth every penny--make sure you try the chicken acapulco. The rooms here are very good, service other than check-in was excellent. The hotel has access to the Galleria mall, so plenty of places to spend your money!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarkW8290, General Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings Mary; my sincere apologies to you and your entire group, you have all been loyal supporters of the hotel for many years and I do regret that we were not able to have your entire groups rooms ready upon your arrival at the hotel.

We had an extremely busy day with a large group checking out on the day that your group was arriving, the previous guests left a little later than we had expected and as a result found ourselves playing catch up all day in order to get your groups rooms ready.

I was delighted to read that you did appreciate the gesture by the team to make the wait a little more enjoyable by hosting your group in the comfort of the newly renovated lobby lounge. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the food & value of the Daily Grill.

As regular guest, I am sure you recognize that your most recent experience is not typical of our usual high level of service. It is a great disappointment to me whenever we fail, but it is of particular concern to let down one of our most loyal guests.

Please accept my deepest apology.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Westin Galleria for a conference. This is a typical, large convention and business type hotel. It is clean and modern but has no character or personality. One could just as easily be in Des Monies as in Houston. Nothing in the hotel or its decor says Houston or Taxes. That said, the room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was good size with a walk in shower (I hate tub shower combinations). The wifi needs its bandwidth expanded, especially in the conference rooms but also in the guest rooms. It is also strange to have to walk through the Galleria Mall to access the ballroom and many of the meeting rooms but I guess if one gets bored at their conference, there is always shopping.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback, I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be clean & modern, we have just completed a full renovation of the entire hotel and all of the meeting space. We have been getting a lot of great comments from our conference attendees and meeting planners.

We did convert over 70% of the guestroom bathrooms to full walk-in showers with glass doors to meet the growing demand and expectations of our guests. (30% of the hotels guestrooms do have tubs).

The hotel is in the heart of the Galleria which is one of the largest malls in the USA, it features over 400 stores, the design of the hotel was geared more towards a modern clean lines renovation versus a rustic Texas theme.

The Galleria area is very popular with visitors and locals and the area features an abundance of restaurants and venues which will give you that Texas experience...

I promise!

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight on business the room was clean and comfortable. Could have had more plugs for charging especially by the desk. The staff was friendly and efficient. The gym on the 24th floor had a pretty good view of the city.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MarkW8290, General Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Greetings; Thank you for sharing your most recent experiences, The Westin Galleria does indeed have some of the largest guestrooms in the Galleria. We continue to get a great many compliments about the newly renovated rooms, guests love the extra space and the updated modern decor & design of the new guestrooms.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Westin Workout facility, we relocated this amenity to our top floor during the renovation of the entire hotel and it now features floor to ceiling windows and stunning panoramic view of the Galleria skyline!

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I’m in H-Town for a business meeting for two nights and it’s also the first time I’m in Houston since I was a child. The hotel is in a great location and is attached to the Galleria mall which pretty much has every shop you can think of. Being an SPG Member, checking in was very swift it honestly took 3 minutes. The lady that checked me in was very informative and nice. The only downside I can immediately think of is that breakfast closes very early, I was actually up from 5:30am and missed breakfast cause it skipped my mind that it closes at 9am. The club lounge is very nicely done with great views and lovely lounge overlooking the city. I’d come back again for sure and recommend it to friends.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MarkW8290, General Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Greetings from H-Town!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that when back in Houston you will be staying with us again.

The Westin Galleria is attached to one of the largest malls in the USA which does provide our guests with some pretty cool shopping experiences.

The Galleria features over 400 stores, 70 of which are unique to Houston. The hotel does now feature a new Westin Club Lounge which is getting a great deal of very positive comments, breakfast is served Monday - Friday from 6:30AM - 9:00AM., sorry you missed the breakfast as its been getting some great reviews and very positive feedback.

Come visit us again soon...

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I read previous reviews of this hotel which indicated "heavenly bed," "direct access," & "self parking." The bed is exceptional & the TV screen is large & the WIFI connection worked. However, the fact that the hotel room did not have a bathtub was quite strange. It also came equipped with a 1-cup coffee pot which never satisfied two people in a room. The worse feature of all was the 1-ply toilet paper. We provide better toilet paper in our public schools in Arkansas than the Westin Galleria does in Houston. "Direct Access" must mean that you can walk in off of the street but only IF you walked up. Otherwise, you can "self park" IF you don't mind circling for 45 minutes trying to find a recent space vacated. Once you are in the parking deck, you will probably have to walk through the Galleria Mall to find the hotel. For the price of this hotel, I would have preferred to be homeless. What a joke !!!

Date of stay: October 2018
MarkW8290, General Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Greetings Mike; I was disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations during your most recent visit. I was pleased to read however that you did enjoy the Heavenly Bed and appreciated the 55" TV in the guestroom.

During the hotels most recent renovation of all of the guestrooms we converted 75% of the hotels guest bathrooms to walk-in showers to meet the demands/expectations of our guests, we did retain 25% of our guestroom inventory with tubs as we do understand and appreciate that guests do need/enjoy the use of a tub versus a walk-in shower.

We are one of the few hotels in the Galleria that offers complimentary self parking, granted we do share our parking structure with the Galleria Mall which can be congested on busy weekends.

I can assure you that your most recent experiences are not consistent with the level of service we typically provide, we usually get GREAT COMMENTS from our guests about the hotel and the Galleria experience. I am sorry that we missed the mark on your recent visit...