“Great Hotel and staff.”

Ranked #121 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Great Hotel and staff.”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The hotel is great, staff very nice. Wonderful location. Will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2010
Dear xlabove, we are delighted to know you were completely satisfied with the accommodations and service we offered. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your exhilarating experience with us and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future. Warmest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kent, UK
Reviewed 23 October 2010

First stayed in the Galleria in 1983 and it was a "wow" then, but since they just renovated the hotel its a bigger "WOW" now given the great environment and the ability for the wife to shop and shop.

She had a great time and I found it an easy commute to my offices (against the traffic) each morning - its an easy hop on/hop off to either the 610 loop or 59. Coming back, why they prevent you going straight on Hidalgo is beyond me. The Daily Grill is a good restaurant and in my view better than the environment you find in most hotels at this level. Good rooms, good service - we'll be back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2010

The room looked fine at first. Sheets, linens etc. but when we returned from dinner there was a nasty smell and filth in the tub/shower. Looked like the water pipes had backed up with old crud from the pipes. We rinsed it out thinking it was a one time thing. Next night the same thing:( The worst part was what I found on my arms and legs the next day - a dozen bites that my nurse concluded were from bed bugs. I would look carefully before I ever stayed there again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny W
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2010
Dear Tweetteacher, our hotel takes immediate action and follows company protocol when claims of bed bugs are brought to our attention. We contact an outside pest control company and conduct a thorough investigation of the area in question. At the Westin Galleria, we have a very aggressive pest control policy in place which enables us to maintain the best quality accommodations. Our hotel continues to provide our guests with an escape to a serene and refreshing environment. Professional inspections have shown no evidence of a bed bug infestation. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your concerns. I would appreciate you contacting me directly so I may follow-up with you personally. Regards,
South Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I was a little chary of booking a room here, what with some of the negative reviews, but ultimately the location decided me and I'm so glad it did. We really enjoyed our stay. You walk out of the lobby on the 2nd level right into the Galleria shopping mall--how great is that? Room was spotlessly clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was very quiet (26th floor), the staff was very nice, esp. the young man who checked us in. Would absolutely stay here again. If there is one tiny suggestion, the valets out front weren't rude about us self-parking, far form it, but they weren't terribly helpful either. The self parking is very confusing--we wandered around looking for a way back into the hotel that didn't involve dragging our luggage down stairs (eventually found it-just walk out the way you drove in). A minor negative in a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
Orangeleopard, we are truly humbled you gave us an opportunity to make a good impression even after reading some of our not so positive reviews. We are exhilarated your experience in our hotel was both serene and memorable. At Westin, we aim to provide our guests with an escape to a tranquil and upscale environment and we are glad you had the opportunity to experience this. We are thrilled the location of our hotel was very accommodating to your needs and we are delighted your overall experience was comfortable and quiet. However, we regret our valet attendants did not provide you with better information regarding self parking and we apologize the inconveniences this caused you. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your experience in our hotel, we truly appreciate it very much and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future. Warmest regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2010

For a high class hotel, why all the extras? Like having to pay for the internet, 22% tip for a room rental??

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
Dear Peterchunt, thank your for taking the time to communicate your thoughts regarding your experience at our hotel. Warmest regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I had one of my worst hotel experiences. I booked this hotel because of the convenience of being right in the Galleria. I arrived late at night and checked into one of their "recently remodeled" rooms, only to find out at 11 pm that there was no hot water to take a shower. When I called the reception about this I was told to let the water run for a good 15 to 20 minutes, so that it might eventually get warm. I was completely apalled by this and then the manager said that they would have to check and see which of the rooms had hot water so that they would be able to move me. 45 minutes passed and we were changed to a room in a much lower floor, where happily there was warm water, but no lightbulbs in the lamps. I was finally able to take a shower at 1 am. I never heard one word from the management about this inconvenience. The carpet was old and dirty and electrical equipment really old. I would recommend anyone who needs to stay around the Galleria to go anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jenmat21
Jenmat21, we are truly sorry your stay in our hotel was less than perfect and we completely understand your frustrations with not having hot water. We agree this is completely unacceptable and we know you did not expect to have this type of experience in a hotel of our status. We understand this inconvenienced you in many ways, especially with having to move rooms late at night and taking a shower at 1a.m. Words cannot explain how sorry we are for what you had to endure and we empathize with you. We are glad you were assigned another room that did have warm water; however, we regret this room did not have light bulbs as well as a not so pleasant room environment. Please know that this experience is not the standard, but an exception. If, or when your travels bring you back to the Houston Galleria area in the future, please contact me. We would love the opportunity to make a better impression. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and again, we apologize your stay was not as you envisioned. Warmest Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 September 2010

"Heavenly" stay in every way. Upon my arrival, valet's Kevin and Matt welcomed me with big smiles as if they were awaiting MY arrival. As I slipped through the lobby doors, the oasis of soothing sights, sounds and scents of White Tea, Westin's trademark fragrance, wrapped itself around my senses. The tastefully decorated lobby invites you to "escape" as the front desk staff Reece and Clint warmly welcome you to embrace a carefree stay of relaxing and rejuvenation. (Thanks Danny for taking care of my reservation, it was flawless) As a elite preferred SPG member/owner, I was placed on the one of the "preferred" floors overlooking the beautiful Galleria area, a greatly appreciated gesture, thanks guys. NOTE: this property no longer offers a "club floor", a bottle of water is located in your room and choice of Houston Chronicle or USA today delivered to your room)

The elevators worked great for me, contrary to what has been mentioned in other Trip Advisor reviews. The halls and carpets are beige/tan color on color, very calming and clean. My room was on the 20th floor, a preferred SPG floor . . . to say it was AMAZING would be an understatement! It was very large and comfortable, reminding me somewhat of the Westin Times Square, however much larger! The spacious room not only had a King Heavenly Bed, it had two wing chairs and an office area. My room was exceptionally clean, housekeeping is to be commended. The bathroom was very fresh, updated with a Heavenly shower head, stainless hardware and a comfortable bathtub for my bubble bath (my way of relaxing). The White Tea shampoo/conditioner and bath soap grants permission to soak up the Westin Renewal experience, one of which I look forward to.

My experience at this property has me yearning to return. In order to give this property an accurate unbiased review, I am going back this next weekend, labor day. I am trusting my experience will once again prove to be more than I expected. Maybe I'll see more of the Galleria Mall this trip! :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2010
Dear Ngerding, thank you so much for your wonderful review of our newly transformed Westin Galleria Hotel. At Westin, we aim to provide our guests with an escape to an upscale and serene environment and we are thrilled you were completely satisfied with the accommodations we have to offer. Our staff is also very consistent in delivering outstanding service to our guests and we are delighted Kevin, Matt, Reese and Clint left a lasting impression of the great service you experienced. We are exhilarated you enjoyed your visit and we hope to have you back as our guest. Warmest Regards,