1,089 results
All reviews heavenly bed direct access self parking location is great rooms are large business center hotel restaurant business trip enjoyed my stay conference valet gym garage convenience starbucks pros cons
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My wife and I have stayed here for the last 3 years on Dec. 23rd to shop in the Galleria and enjoy one day and night that we focus on each other. Then the rest of the holidays are for ther kids. We love and enjoy everything about this hotel, location service, and friendlyness.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Dear Pizzauomo, thank you for taking a moment to share your delightful experience in our newly transformed hotel. We are so humbled you have chosen our hotel as your home away from home for the past three years during the holidays. We strive to provide our guests with outstanding service and lavish accommodations and we are happy we were able to deliver on our promise. Again, thank you for your nice review and we look forward to your return. Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We really enjoyed our stay a the Westin. We were able to shop and then takes our bags back to our room when we had to many to carry. We also enjoyed eating at the Cheescake Factory for dinner & never even had to leave the mall. It was a very safe way to shop, eat, & stay for women since we didn't have to worry about getting in and out of our car.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2011

Dear CordovaBmt, we truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your exhilarating experience with us. The Westin Galleria Hotel is conveniently centered in the heart of the Uptown/ Galleria district and we are delighted our location was very accommodating for you and your friends. In a location such as ours, one can eat, shop and unwind without ever leaving the Galleria Mall and Westin Hotel and this makes for a truly amazing experience like no other. We would be delighted to have you back as our guest in the future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2010

I too am a Starwood guest but this hotel fell well short of what I expect. Parking and general access to the hotel is very poor. But worse was the room - poorly prepared, very limited toiletries, tired old fittings - especially the shower. Worst of all was the lack of a breakfast room - who has ever stayed in a hotel were you are sent into the mall for breakfast. On finding the City Grill, the staff were totally unable to cope with a 'rush' of 6-8 people, even though many tables were free. Skipped reakfast , blank looks from the hotel front desk, and though asked for my room number, no follow-up, and no contact since. Consequently I checked out a day early and went to the Omni - will not be back on my next trip to Houston.
Note this is my first negative review in more than 70 hotel nights last year.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

Dear Antiblackberry,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with invaluable feedback regarding your recent experience in our hotel. I apologize your stay was absolutely nothing how you envisioned regarding challenges with parking, room accommodations, and service. We understand your frustrations regarding the issues you experienced when attempting to find our hotel as well as parking. The Galleria Mall and Westin Hotels are both complex properties and we understand how difficult it may sometimes be when attempting to locate our hotels. We are in the process of providing better signage in our parking garages (which we share with the mall) in order to make self parking easier for our guests. The Westin Galleria Hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar transformation and we apologize the room you occupied was not what you expected. The Daily Grill restaurant which caters to our guests is conveniently located a few feet from our third level entrance and we regret the location of our restaurant was not appealing to you. The service you encountered in the Daily Grill is completely unacceptable and we deeply regret you had to skip breakfast because of this. We know you did not come to a hotel of our caliber to have this type of experience and we apologize for everything you had to endure. Please know that this experience was not the standard, but an exception. If, your travels bring you back to the Houston area, we would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest and make a better impression. If, you would like to take us up on our offer please do not hesitate in contacting me back directly via email at danny.ruiz@westin.com. Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2010

I travel 195-250 days per year and always stay at a Starwood property. I love when we have a project in Houston because we either stay at the Westin Galleria or the Westin Oaks (also attached to the Galleria).

This last trip was different so I decided to comment. The rooms have been upgraded and it's much more up-to-date and feels like a Westin should. The atmosphere was one of modern elegance and as always the front desk, concierge, valet, room service and bellman are the best of the best. The hotel can be one of the most expensive in the world, but without 5-star associates, as in this Westin...then the hotel doesn't matter. I'd rather stay at a Motel 6 that had 5-star associates than a Westin that had rude associates. LUCKILY this is not the case...just an example.

So thank you to Westin for having such kind associates and you've done a great job on the upgrade! I'm ready to return to Houston and spend some more time shopping in that fabulous mall.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Ms. Benton, we truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with inspiring feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted you were completely satisfied with our newly refreshed accommodations as well as the service you encountered from various departments in our hotel. At Westin, we aim to provide our guests with world class service and an escape to a modern an upscale environment and we are exhilarated we delivered on all fronts while you were our guest. We hope you continue to choose the Westin Galleria & Westin Oaks Houston as your preferred hotel while away from home and we look forward in having you back as our guest in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed here in October for a business meeting. Being adjacent to a giant mall makes things quite convenient for a quick bite and a broad range of food options.

The hotel seemed a little old and the rooms were not of the usual Westin quality. My bed didn't seem to be of the "heavenly" variety but the linens were. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the back side of the hotel. I am fairly certain that it was quieter there then being on the street side but the cooling tower from the mall was right outside my room and whirred on and off 24-7.

All in all, a decent stay. Definitely a value for the price but probably not vacation worthy.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

Dear DonutLover, thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel, the Westin Galleria Houston. We are delighted you found our location accommodating to your needs. There are a lot of advantages with being connected to the fourth largest mall in the country and we are glad you took full advantage of the options the Galleria Mall has to offer. This year, our hotel underwent a major multi-million dollar transformation, and we regret you found our newly refreshed hotel not up to standards with other Westin Hotels. It seems our staff attempted to ensure you received a room in a quiet area and unfortunately assigned you a room that was not in the quietest of locations. We apologize for this and we regret you were not able to sleep comfortably.

We are glad your overall stay was decent, however, we hope you allow us the opportunity to return to the Westin in the future so we can do our very best to provide you with an outstanding hotel experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience with us. If, or when you decide to return please do not hesitate in contacting me back directly. You may reach me at danny.ruiz@westin.com.

Warmest regards,