SureStay Plus By Best Western Hotel Houston Medical Center
Ranked #167 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good value for money Free parking Next to Texas Medical Center, The breakfast was well presented with a good variety of food. The eggs were weird preformed patties but the rest was good as well as fresh fruit

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room smelled funny when walking in. Right off the bat, I had to personally fix the closet rack in the bedroom. My friend had hung our clothing on it and it fell off due to the pole being out of the groove on the wall. I was able to fix that easily, and I thought I could move past that. When I went to go unload our ice chest from our trip, the refrigerator was hot and not clean at all. There was water in the bottom tray and debris floating in it. Does not help that I almost fell on the floor in the kitchen area because of some greasy residue. I called for house keeping immediately. Well, let me rephrase that: I tried to call for house keeping immediately. The phones are archaic and the one in the living area of our suite did not even work. While waiting for maintenance, I looked over at my bed for the night and saw that the sheets were stained. When maintenance finally arrived, he was not friendly at all and did not do much at all. He dumped the tray of water and said that house keeping would be called to come and clean up the floor. We had to leave during this, so I kindly left a note for the hotel housekeeping staff that I would also like the sheets changed on my bed.
Fast forward 4 hours: I'm back in my hotel room now. The sheets were never touched, so now I'm sitting on this bed, cringing, at what I may be laying in.
When we got back, one of our party realized she needed shaving cream and a razor. I went down to the front desk for her (taking the stairs because I do not trust the main elevator in the lobby; the doors won't even shut completely before the elevator rattles up the shaft) and was given the razors and shaving cream. The "cream" was a K-Y jelly consistency, did not work, and we were unable to use it anyways due to the harsh and toxic chemicals. I'm sorry if I may have set the bar too high if I believed that a hotel in a MEDICAL CENTER with cancer patients, young/ill children, and those with suppressed immune systems should have products safe for their clientele to use.
Housekeeping, once again, is an issue: how is it logical to have only 2 towels in a 2 bedroom suite that could sleep 6 adults?
This review is being written the night I arrived and with the internet from my phone because the "free high-speed internet" has been rejected by all 7 of our party's electronic devices. The open, unsecured server that has "BWPLAZAHOTEL-[RM#]" is unable to be used by actual guests of that room.
I honestly have never had a problem with Best Western before, but I will be sure to never stay at the Best Western- Houston Medical Plaza again.
Edit: my roommates are also unable to watch anything on the 2 TVs in the room, and the staff are unsure when cable service will be restored.

Room Tip: While WiFi is offered, it is unable to be used Don't stay at this hotel period if you want a cl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank firenurse634
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Best Western is well kept and well run. Front desk is cordial and prompt. The room was well appointed and always spotless during my 3 night stay. The breakfast area is also well maintained by Nora who evidently takes great pride, keeping the area clean while providing a warm and well stocked breakfast selection.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eugene F
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was great. I spilled medicine and it splashed on wall so when I went to check out I informed them and they said no worry. They painted room and all was good. Service is great and they even remembered my face before they knew name. They also heard me telling another customer why we were there, which is to take my son to MD Anderson for cancer surgery. He is 16, and they asked about him. Very great personal service and a smile.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Medical Center location in Houston while seeking medical attention at MD Anderson. The location and quality of this hotel are excellent for patients at the hospital, and the staff is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I wish I had discovered the Best Western VALUE before this trip. I only started looking because the cost where I was staying went up every time I went back and the rooms were not nearly as nice or comfortable as what we had at Best Western. In addition to that, we was even closer to the medical facility we need to use. (MD Anderson Mays Clinic) It is actually within walking distance! Incredible value to get so close. We will definately be returning here for our future appointments. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

If I was in the area again, I would stay here. The hotel was convenient to the hospital. Parking was surprisingly free. The room was well insulated. I did not hear footsteps above me. We had one issue that was promptly taken care of by the courteous staff. Overall, we had a very restful stay. The breakfast was the typical hotel buffet.

Stayed: July 2014
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Medical Center
Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District

Been to SureStay Plus By Best Western Hotel Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!