Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Humble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed the place. They are working on making the property a lot better but overall for the money I would stay there again. Very close to the airport. It is a Ramada not the Hilton.

Room Tip: Pool Side is the Quiet, The guy that runs the Bar is kinda obnoxious
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Winters, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Flying from Mobile to Sacramento with a connection in Houston left us stranded one night, as we missed our connection by 10 minutes! Initially when I spoke with the gate agent, Continental wasn't going to do anything for us... After speaking with a supervisor, it was determined that Continental would arrange for a hotel room for our family of four for the night. We were instructed to go out to the shuttle area where the hotel shuttle for America's Best would pick us up. After about 30 minutes, the Ramada van driver asked to see our voucher. After looking at it he said we could go with him. I explained to him that we would need a room with two beds and a roll-a-way; he said it wouldn't be a problem.

Upon arrival at the hotel, it looked rather old, and there was no central air conditioning in the lobby area. As we were checking in, the front desk attendant didn't seem to understand what a "Roll-a-way" bed was; the attendant next to him explained it and saw to it that one was delivered to our room while we were eating dinner at 10 p.m. in their restaurant.

I won't go into detail about the meals, I will just say if I had it to do all over again, I would have Chinese take-out or pizza delivery. The service wasn't that bad, but the food wasn't that good. And it was a bit pricey for what you receive.

As we made our way to our assigned guest room, there was no A/C in the corridors, and we had to take the stairs to access our second floor room, as there is no elevator on the premises. The guest room was not very clean. The clothes hook on the back of the bathroom door was missing, it was apparent one had been there previously by the peeling paint. The carpet in the room was stained. The old TV didn't provide a great number of channel options, and the reception was not very good. The alarm clock did not work... Thankfully my wife woke up early and this didn't affect our departure.

From what I could gather, the hotel sold out that night, due to all the cancelled flights and missed connections. What I did notice was that most of the folks checking in with their airline vouchers were supposed to be at other hotels. I guess this place makes its way due to the great shuttle driver they employ.

To sum it up, I'll just say that I don't think we'll be staying with the Ramada Intercontinental, Houston, in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tedandmy
Mayfield, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

Well most of the reviews that you read on here about this hotel are correct. It is not a 21/2 star hotel...The bed sheets have stains on them, the towels have stains on them, the rooms are not clean, it is an old hotel with minor renovation, it has bad water pressure, with mold/mildew in shower head, when you call for towels they don't have them, no kidding. They also made me change my own sheets after what appeared to be a semen stain on them. I requested the manager to call me on my cell and in my room on several occasions, but received no phone call.. He blamed the owner with tying his hands...He also treated me different because we booked thru a third party, which by the way I paid almost full price anyway thru the third party. The room was so nasty that I slept in a slepping bag the whole stay. The breakfast was cut short by 45 min each day with little to no food for everyone, the landscaping hasn't been tended to in a long time, curb appeal is terrible. The doors are not secure...I could literally take my room key when it didn't work and slide it down the door jam and get in with no problem...Bathroom is not clean, the rack for the towels was falling down. I even brought other guests with me and booked their room myself...I feel terrible..Never Again....Stay Away from this dump.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ckl3446
Prince Albert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I stayed overnight at this hotel on a layover going on a holiday. The flight came in a little late and after a bit of confusion on how the shuttle system works at the Houton Airport, I found the correct one. The shuttle driver had the hotle PR fellow with him and were very friendly. They had arranged to go to a saloon and invited me along. After I got settled in my room we headed out for beers in dancing in Texas with some broken-english speaking swedish girls, who were also travelling through. We had lots of laughs and I got to dance a real two step with a few cowboys. Also, beer is sooooo cheap there. I can't wait to go back to Houston with my cowboy boots fr a different holiday!
The continental breakfast in the mornig was sufficient, and very convienient for airport travel. Price was very reasonable with the shuttle service and small breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Want2BWarm
Williams Lake, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

We spent a night there Feb 5 on the way home from Mexico to Canada. Sat in the restaurant for 30 minutes without being given a menu and when we got up to leave, the one man working the restaurant (wearing a ball cap, while he waited tables!) asked us to wait, saying "I'm only one person.". We ended up ordering pizza from a take out place. When we turned down the sheets on the bed, there was pubic hair on rumpled sheets as well as... bodily fluid. I had to call the front desk and the poor woman working alone at the desk offered to give us a different room. Instead, I requested clean sheets and stripped and re-made the bed myself. Needless to say we didn't sleep well that night. The lounge closed at 3 am and some noisy people in the next room made it easy to be wide awake for our 4 am wake up call. The lobby was nice, as well as the shuttle bus and the front desk personnel. I called Ramada to let them know of the appalling conditions when we got home and was told they would get back to me within two days. Well, two days are up and I haven't heard anything... Don't stay at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travel_diva763
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

The only good thing about this hotel was the Public Area which was lovely. The rooms were old, smoke smelling and dirty. The tub was peeling and had no stopper and I was told to "shove a towel in the drain and take a fast bath" by the staff when I asked for a stopper. The grounds were filthy. Looked out the window and saw trash littered everywhere... drink cans, candy wrappers, etc. The sliding glass door did not lock, it was broken. It took 6 tries before we found a room that didn't smell like smoke or had a decent lock on the door. I did not feel safe. Electricity went out while I was in the Lobby and had to feel my way to my room in the dark with only a pen size flash light. Parking was horrible as they lease their lot out to travelers for $5 a day and drive them to the airport and back. Needless to say, I had to park very far from the entrance. This hotel was a NIGHTMARE!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tanyadu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercontinental Airport Inn
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport

Been to Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East? Share your experiences!