“You enter the restaurant and you are transported to Mexico”

Hector's Mexican Bar and Grill
Ranked #95 of 326 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A Mexican Original, truly 'autentico' without cookie-cutter food. Freshness and originality is the focus here, hidden in tiny Humble!
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Everything from the decor and the magnificent cuisine of this restaurant makes dining
there a great experience beyond just eating. The service is just tremendous as well.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

This place is the worst the manger and workers are very rude and the food is below average I would skip this place at all cost

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Hector's is the closest thing to home cooking that I've found in this area. The tortas are my favorite, always good, especially because of the toasted bun. But I've also tried the tacos, which are also delicious. The margaritas are a good size and not expensive at all; they do have 2 sizes. The chips and salsa are so good, sometimes we just want to pick up a bag or two for home. We had a family reunion for my mother's 80th birthday here a few years ago, and they were very accommodating. We had a little section all to ourselves. They put the tables together for us and we had 3 waiters serving us. They have an outside patio but I've never sat out there due to the weather. And I've heard they have music (usually mariachi or other Mexican type music) on Saturdays, but I work Saturdays so I haven't been. The waiters are always very attentive and helpful. I know they have a bar, but since I've only gone during the day, I've never enjoyed it. But if the margaritas are any indication, it must be fantastic, too. I love this place!

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Hector's has long been one of our favorite Mexican food places in the area. As others have declined in quality, we have found that this place stays delicious; staff is friendly,the margaritas are great,and they have added a full,separate bar area, and have entertainment nights,such as karaoke.
I have recently changed to a high protein diet, which can be challenging, when eating out. Hectors makes so many amazing chicken, beef and seafood options that fit the diet,and are wonderful. My favorite is the pollo asada which is listed on the lunch specials, but if you ask, they will bring you a larger, dinner portion, with only a small upcharge. The chicken breast is moist and tender,and the melted cheese and grilled veggies on top, are great!
If I am on a "cheat day", Hectors is also one of the best way to fulfill all of my Mexican food cravings; with fresh tortillas, rice and beans, and lots of tasty Mexican choices!
Good for a date night, the family, or a meal with friends!

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Hector's started as a small restaurant sometime before we moved from Texas in 2005. When we moved back in 2011, we were surprised at how large it had become since it now takes up about three times the space as before. We have gone there several times and have always been pleased with the food and the service. Our latest visit was at lunch where I had the best Taco Salad with beef fajita meat that I have ever had. It was so large I had to have a take-out box and enjoyed the remainder of the salad for dinner. My husband had a combo plate and had a bit left over for dinner as well. The staff is very courteous and friendly as well as prompt in getting customers seated and taking orders for drinks and food. On a previous visit we took out-of-town guests here for lunch, and the three-year-old wanted a "baby burrito" (which we learned from him is shredded cheese rolled in a flour tortilla). The server took the order as if this were a regular request and brought our young friend just what he wanted. This is a true Mexican restaurant and one of our favorites in the area.