“Trash bagged our belongings”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
“Trash bagged our belongings”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I checked into the LaQuinta on Sunday expecting to stay 'through Thursday' checking our on Friday. We were dealing with a family death in Houston ie: cleaning out an apartment, funeral home arrangements, death certificates, police and property maters etc.

On Thursday, after running from police property facility downtown, to another precinct, to the apartment, we returned to the hotel to find

OUR SUITCASES GONE; OUR TOILETRIES, PRESSED CLOTHS AND DIRTY LAUNDRY IN A TRASH BAG; THE FOOD WE HAD PLANNED TO HAVE BEFORE OUR DEPARTURE THROWN OUT.

The front desk receptionist said we were only booked for 4 days. I received no confirmation copy at check in. When I ask if people often left a room without their toothbrushes, luggage, and belongings, she said 'all the time'. When I ask who authorized our room being cleaned out they said the

manager, Sam Guha.

Needless to say, my wife, who just lost her brother, was upset as was I.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The LQ by the airport (east) is very quiet for its location and has the friendliest staff I have encountered anywhere. We had problems that don't need to be shared here and had to leave early. The hotel staff was very understanding, helped us out and made a crisis less traumatic. I'd also like to add that when an employee saw me struggling to unpack a car with two dogs and their kennels, he dropped everything to help me out. If I could reschedule our vacation, I'd do a lot of things differently, but I would NOT change my hotel. This is why I always choose La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Katy C
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here twice on our layovers at the Houston airport. The Rocket shuttle comes often and is quick and on time. The hotel seems fairly new and is clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly both times that we were there. There is a pool and there is a pretty good continental breakfast in the mornings.
If coming through Houston again for layovers we would defiantly book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are nice and staff is very willing to help. Breakfast was a little disappointing but rooms were great. Bed was so comfortable I slept through the night which I rarely do. Overall would stay again if I had to stay by airport. Loved that the parking lot was very well lit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This newer La Quinta is nicely furnished and very quiet considering it is so close to the airport. The staff was very friendly, the outdoor pool was inviting and clean and there are some good restaurants about 5 minutes up the street by car. Very limited dining options if you do not have a vehicle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I had never been to a La Quinta before but based on this one I would definitely stay at others.

The facility was well managed, well maintained and well setup. The use of a coin laundry was much appreciated and the room was very specious and QUIET considering its proximity to the airport.

Good location, better value and great beds. Would definitely return...

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercontinental Airport Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Address: 18201 Kenswick Dr, Humble, TX 77338-8152
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Humble
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.