“Clean and nice rooms but funny breakfast”

Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We were needing a hotel to sleep the night as we arrived from far to the Houston airport (very near by). Room is nice and clean despite no coffee and very basic toiletries. The bed was comfortable as well. It was just very weak the breakfast with just some small muffins and coffee (that was finished) and no space to sit. We called before arrival to confirm space and the person attending didn't sound kind. But if you look for a clean room to sleep, is a good place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WinchesterIAH_GM, General Manager at Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

We would like to thank you for staying with us and providing positive feedback. We truly appreciate you business. Great guests like you help our business grow. Thank you for complimenting our rooms and cleanliness. We strive to keep our rooms clean and in top shape. We are sorry our breakfast did not meet your standards. We totally understand how you feel. As manager I am making adjustments right now to create space and install the needed appliances to expand our breakfast. By January 1st 2014, we will be offering a new and improved complimentary breakfast and brand new coffee makers in all rooms. I would personally like to thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This family-run hotel was clean and comfortable. The only negative was a squealing pipe for a few minutes--probably air in the line for the room above us. Sam and others at the front desk were very helpful--good directions, very proactive (offered a wake-up call), mailed post cards, printed boarding passes for me.
The "breakfast" was a little light, compared to other hotels that offer continental breakfasts. But, because they're new at this perhaps the breakfast will expand with time. Nonetheless, a stay here is a great value and very comfortable (and safe feeling).

For the price this was a gem of a find! We'd stay there again. 15 mins to Houston International airport. We wish the new owners the best in spreading the word about this super value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Excellent hotel accomodation located near the IAH and Deerbroke Mall. I enjoyed all the facilities including the free WiFi, and some kitchen facilities that enable me to prepare some of my simple meals in the room. The people are very nice and I will always go back to Winchester Inn anytime I return to Houston to visit my family.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with basic kitchen tools.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very nice hotel near Houston airport . Free WiFi is good and tv is new. Bedding and mattress is comfortable. Very good for business trip to Houston. Nice people to help me with printing and services. Many restaurants to deliver food to room. Perfect place for quiet stay to work and rest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Winchester Hotel and would come back and stay there again. Great location. The hotel was located near the shopping centers and around many restaurants and gas stations this was a plus for us. We were also located near the Civic Center were our sister got married.

Room Tip: This is a perfect location and for the price it was excellent. The rooms were very large and the Wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

After 10 months of staying away from my home in Ft. Worth, I can honestly say that I truly miss the Winchester Inn and Suites. Work brought me back home to Houston where I grew up back in and finally- I felt the comfort of Houston again. The Winchester is strategically placed near Bush Intercontinental Airport and Beltway 8 so you can easily make your way into and around this behemoth of a Metropolis. I searched and stayed at possibly a dozen Motels around town, but it was Hindi's and Matts Motel that convinced me- I'm almost home. I drive a work truck with tools aboard and never lost one here. With amenities such as 24 hour video surveillance, WI-FI a washer and dryer, brand new pillow top mattresses, flat screens and freshly remodeled rooms, I always felt safe and comfortable here. One evening i even fell asleep with my clothes in the washer and somehow, Hindi knew they were mine -and called to tell remind me my clothes needed to be dried for work in the morning..Yes folks, they watch out for you. Never a problem. I recommend to anyone.. Stay Here!! If a Motel could get 6 stars...I'd definitely give it! Thanks Guys, I'm going to miss you!

Room Tip: Call before you get there, they'll have your AC on and your room as fresh as Spring.. Call the d...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Whether you're in the Houston area for business or leisure, I highly recommend the Winchester Inn & Suites for your hotel stay. The brick and stucco exterior of the building provides a warm inviting ambience that immediately puts you at ease with a feeling of being at home away from home. The manager and staff of the hotel were friendly, helpful and professional and my room was clean and just right for my needs. A comfortable sofa in my room was a nice touch. The Winchester Inn & Suites had all the right amenities and comforts at the right price. I will stay here again when next I visit Houston!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Rodeway Inn Humble
Rodeway Inn Humble
#21 of 38 in Humble
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Best Western Plus Houston Atascocita Inn & Suites

Been to Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston? Share your experiences!