“Catering Staff is Teriffic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tour 18 Houston

Tour 18 Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Each hole at this course is a detailed reconstruction of the 18 most famous and challenging holes in the world: golf-lovers will want to test their skills here.
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Catering Staff is Teriffic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is about food, not golf. My niece arranged her wedding reception at an Italian restaurant in Humble, Texas. One week before the wedding she was told that they had double booked the reception room, but if she was willing to pay for food for full capacity, she could still have the reception there. Since this would have doubled the cost, she was unwilling to submit to such extortion and began a desperate search for another facility. An acquaintance suggested Tour 18. They contacted Mr. John Hubbard the catering manager at Tour 18 and explained the situation. He told them that the separate building where banquets were held was available and that he would do everything in his power to make things right for their reception. The reception was a huge success. The facility was beautiful. The food and the service were exceptional. Mr. Hubbard and his staff truly were amazing and deserve recognition for saving the day. They did go above and beyond expectations and I hope the management of Tour 18 appreciates what a valuable employee they have in Mr. Hubbard.

Visited August 2013

San Antonio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“First Time to Play, Great Golf Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

For many years I have heard about Tour 18 in Houston and never had the chance to play. After the course had been around awhile, I started hearing that it was not in very good condition and was not worth playing. Last week I finally decided to play, and was a bit sceptical because of the relatively cheap $45.00 green fee. I was pleasantly suprised by what I found at Tour 18. I play a lot of golf, and am picky on what is considered to be a course in good shape and one that is not. This course was in very good shape, from tee to green. The greens were just a bit slow for my liking, but rolled true, and were also in great condition. I thought that the holes might be kind of hokey, but they weren't. I played from the back tees, and there were some very challenging holes. It was neat playing some holes with rolling hills and trees, and then playing others in the open that made you feel like you were in Florida. I have been fortunate enough to have walked or played several of the courses from which holes were copied, and they were pretty close to the real thing. I would rate the golf course experience an A+ and would definitely go back. The clubhouse is ok, but is not as well maintained as the golf course. There weren't many people out there when I played, and I think the course must have a lot of competition. Some people commented in their reviews about nagging by the course marshalls to play faster. I didn't experience that although the course marshall's were visible. If someone "nags" you to play faster, you are probably the person who lines up every putt, even the 3-footer to make a 9. I would highly recommend playing this course. It is a great value for the experience, but the experience would be worthwhile at 2 or 3 times the price.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bill S
Iowa
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Enjoyable course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

It is hard to attempt to re-create the greatest holes in golf but this place does an admirable job. I enjoyed the round and found some of the holes more accurate than the others but they were all very nice regardless. Marshalls kept the pace of play up which I enjoy and the clubhouse staff was incredibly friendly.

Course was in pretty good shape as well.

Visited August 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Course, but I could do without the nagging.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This course has a fantastic layout. It also has good drainage, and recovers quickly from heavy rains. I would rate them in the top 5 of public courses in the Houston area. I will say, I had very sharp words with the Marshall who continued to push us every other hole, including the 18th tee box, because we were 1 minute slower than pace. This could be explained be the groups in front of us, but wow, I have not returned because of this Marshall.

Visited June 2013
Humble, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My husband LOVES this place, lots of Freebies, Great company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

He loves it here, he goes alone and this place always sets him up with a threesome that doesn't have a fourth golfer....Staff is completely nice and you cannot go wrong. He tells me each 'hole' is designed after other great holes on the circuit... He left his clubs in another city and they let him borrow some to use...Great customer service,,,he won't go anywhere else,,not complaints on the quality of food either.

Visited July 2013