“Clean and friendly!”

Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my trip enjoyable. The rooms were very clean, quiet, and the mattresses and pillows were oh so comfortable. The front desk even arranged for me to be taken by shuttle to some of the night spots in the area. The breakfast bar featured fresh fruit, hot food, a "do it yourself" waffle iron, and many other choices.

I'd highly recommend a stay if you're traveling to the Humble area. The Deerbrook Mall is close by and the other strip malls in the area make this a shoppers paradise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 December 2009

We have stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns throughout the country and this was our first stay at this location. We chose the location because it was close to our targeted destination in Humble and after staying we found we chose the right hotel. The parking lot was clean as we approached the hotel. Self service parking was easy and almost at the front door. Check in was excellent as was the room (located on the first floor). The continental breakfast was the usual found at Hampton Inns. The breakfast area was very clean and the hostess kept food out and warm. Check out was fast and accurate. We found this hotel to be well managed and accommodating. Some reviewers have mentioned this as a airport hotel. This hotel is not actually at the airport. It is located on US 59 in the town of Humble which is just a few miles from the Houston Intercontinental Airport. We never once duding the night heard the sound of airplanes.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This hotel was reasonably priced - something I always look for in family travel. The staff was friendly and helpful the whole time we were there. The room was comfortable and quiet (somewhat surprising since it was right on a busy highway). The rooms and public areas were clean and well kept.

Only thing I'd change is to make the two beds a larger size.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2009

If you temper your expectations by knowing this is an airport hotel, you will not be disappointed. Airport hotels tend to be a little long in the tooth as they evidently get more use than the average hotel and were built back when land close to the airport was still available.

The best feature is that it is really close to the airport. It took me ten minutes at 7:30 am to get to the rental car return. That is really nice!

There is a mall about a block away with lots of dining options both inside and outside the mall. The whole area has an abundance of eateries.

The condition of the hotel is not bad, but it is showing some wear. The mattress sunk about a foot when I sat on it. It looked like it should have been replaced several years ago. The sheets were in poor condition also.

They were having a complimentary happy hour when I arrived. Nice touch and totally unexpected. The breakfast was also very good.

The room was a little noisy. The loudmouths in the next room came in to their room about 11:00 pm and yucked it up until midnight. The sound really travels from room to room.

The room was reasonably clean.

The internet service was blazing fast!

With a modest remodel, this hotel would be excellent.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2008

My wife and I live just south of Houston, not to divulge too much information. We evacuated for Hurricane Ike as did many people in our area. After some research we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn by IAH. We wanted to be close to home but far enough away from the water. When I made the reservation the person I spoke with was very polite and helpful. That attitude persisted throughout our stay.
We had to wait a couple of hours in the lobby when we checked-in because they had a lot of rooms to prepare for incoming guests. Apparently some of their staff was unable to come to work because of the storm. I can’t say I blame them. I was informed of this possibility prior to my arrival and not at all upset by the situation.
The rooms were clean. There isn’t anything else I can say about that, they were just fine.
The air conditioning worked well, at least until the power went out. That isn’t anything the hotel staff could control.
Yes, the power went out. We were without power for two nights and one day. The windows in the room didn’t open so it became extremely hot and humid. Again, nothing the hotel could really control. It was uncomfortable though. We spent a lot of time in the lobby where they had many doors open so there was a breeze.
I know this is an odd review as my experience was during an unconventional time. The real reason I wanted to review this hotel, especially regarding this particularly unconventional time, is the staff. There was always staff at the hotel. They all of course had their own homes and families, but they were still there and very understanding, helpful, and polite. I can’t say enough about them. The staff definitely went above and beyond. Keep in mind that there were many odd requests because of the circumstances. I never heard of a time the staff refused a request from a hotel guest. They very much appreciated.
There was a slight mix-up regarding the bill. This was discovered a few days later once we had power back. All the confusion with the storm and the power outage prompted this mix-up. I contacted the hotel and the problem was fixed immediately. I was once again met with the courteous treatment I had come to expect from the staff at the hotel.
I will absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I checked in to the hotel around 6pm local time today and shortly thereafter informed the hotel front desk about roaches coming out of the pillows. It's 8pm now and no one has come with bug spray or to come see the problem. I'm fixing to go down to put in a room change request, but I believe the hotel is sold out for tonight. Chances of room change are slim and given the pathetic response from front desk, I don't think the ex-terminator is coming tonight. I'm surely going to exercise my right to not pay tomorrow based on the customer satisfation guarantee program offered by Hampton Inn and surely not returning to this facility. Yikes, I have to spend the night with roaches.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank salizaf
Reviewed 16 April 2008

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Humble and found it met our expectations. I frequently stay in Hamptons and find them to be very consistent. This location was quite similar to other Hamptons: clean, nice amentities, helpful staff, enough at the breakfast buffet to choose from, free wi-fi, small but adequate gym and a decent rate ($129+tax). They also had complimentary beer and wine in the lobby at night, which is not something I've seen at other Hamptons. I did not use the airport shuttle, but they do have one. The hotel is 5-10 minutes from the airport and located across the freeway from several chain restaurants (Pappa's, Chili's, a steakhouse) and some strip mall shopping (Toys r Us, Old Navy etc). You couldn't really walk to these though and would likely need a car to get over there.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)