We were very pleased with our experience in this hotel. When I travel with my children, I am more particular about our accommodations, and this hotel definitely met all our expectations. We found a 50% off discount online, so for the money we paid, our room was a steal. We stayed on a Monday night, so the guest traffic at the hotel seemed calmer, which was nice.
The staff were all very pleasant from the front desk personnel to the cleaning staff. They were helpful whenever we had a need or question, and they were very kind and accommodating to my children. Everyone was very family-friendly.
We had originally made arrangements for a room with a king bed, planning on bringing our crib for the kids. After checking in, we realized we had forgotten our crib at home. Even though we had already started to settle into our room, the staff was very happy to accommodate our request to switch to a room with two queen beds so we could have a separate bed for the kids. They even offered us a hotel crib free of charge.
When asked for additional supplies in the room, service was consistently very quick- no more than a two to three minute wait.
Our room was very clean. The linens were crisp and fresh with no stains or smells- they looked brand new like they had just come out of the package. The beds were very comfortable. I also loved one particular feature of our room- the beds are in the back of the room, and there is a door dividing the bedroom from the living area in front. There are TVs in the bedroom as well as the living area, so you can put the kids down to bed and shut the door and enjoy some time in the living area without waking the kids. There was also a nice fridge and microwave which was great for saving money from eating out. The countertops are real granite in the bathroom, which was a beautiful touch. I also really appreciated that they stock both shampoo and conditioner, rather than the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner like many hotels do (the 2-in-1 combos never seem to condition well, so I was excited to see that they offered separate shampoo and conditioner).
They have a beautiful looking pool! I was so disappointed because we forgot to bring our swimsuits, but it looked so nice! I was kicking my self all afternoon for forgetting our suits- the kids would have loved it, but we ended up not being able to take advantage of it.
I know this might sound odd, but I liked their carpet! Most hotel carpet doesn't look very nice- it seems like a lot of hotels have carpeting that was made for endurance, not for looks. But I noticed that the carpet in this place was actually pretty attractive compared to a lot of hotels.
They have freshly baked cookies available at the front desk all day long. During breakfast, they have fresh waffles, biscuits, sausage, eggs, gravy, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt with real fruit and nut toppings, juice, coffee and tea.
They offer real plates and silverware instead of plastic and paper, which is a nice touch (and eco-friendly!), and the countertops and tabletops in the dining area appear to be real granite as well, which makes for a nice atmosphere. Staff was prompt to keep everything stocked. Breakfast was open until 9:30 AM.
The hotel is right off of highway 59/69, and is next to a mall and a bunch of other shopping places, so it is very centrally located, and close to Bush airport too. The only trouble we had was that we were headed south on the freeway to get to the hotel. As we exited the highway on the appropriate ramp (according to our GPS unit), we found that the hotel entrance was located RIGHT at the off ramp, so it was impossible to get over and turn into the hotel drive in time. We had to circle around and find a back way in to the hotel, which wasn't very hard, but it would have been a whole lot easier if we had known to exit a ramp earlier. So, if you're headed southbound on highway 59/69 to get to the hotel, check your GPS- if it tells you to take the ramp right at the hotel, you might want to exit a ramp early to make sure you'll have an easier time entering the hotel lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at the Country Inn & Suites Houston By Carlson, Intercontinental Airport East, Humble, Texas perfectly positions hotel guests near top attractions and corporate offices, making it a great place from which to explore or take care of business. Just two miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), this hotel's location offers a complimentary airport shuttle for added convenience. During your hotel stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access for keeping in touch, a well-equipped fitness center for great workouts and a complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet to kick-start your mornings. Unwind with a swim in the heated indoor pool or soak in your private hot tub in one of the hotel's Whirlpool Suites. Book online today and discover comfort at the Country Inn & Suites in Humble, TX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East Hotel
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East
- Country Inn Humble
- Humble Country Inn