Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, exceptionally friendly, and convenient. I was freaking out late last week when I found out the hotel I was scheduled to stay in had bug issues. The city was totally sold out for an oil convention but this place became available at the last minute saving me from the stress of bug worries. I will probably switch from my usual place to this hotel. Word of caution though, it's very close to highway but the comforts, cleanliness (and an Ambien) supersede the minor annoyance of traffic noise. Just about every restaurant is within a mile away and a super target.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carnivalcruiselover

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We loved our stay at this hotel. We went on a family trip & couldn't have picked a better hotel. The rooms were modern with a homey feel, spacious & very clean. The jacuzzi tub inside the room was wonderful - highly recommend requesting it. The bed was pillow soft and we slept wonderfully. It was chilly outside, but my son really enjoyed the heated indoor pool. The continental breakfast had a large variety & was fresh. All in all, this was a wonderful hotel & we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: As mentioned before, I would highly recommend the room with the jacuzzi tub. We were close to the ai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kacey_b4
Mickey R, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff and service. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have been staying at Hampton Inn in Humble for years, but cancelled this time only because needed a pet-friendly hotel for our groomed, "family-member" black toy poodle! Researched this place as being "pet-friendly," only to learn upon check-in, this is no longer the case. No Problem! Paid the $25 fee they requested! Went to our "suite"??? Our poodle was cleaner than this place! Stained carpet, outdated furnishings, toiletries,bedding, linens, etc.
Never Again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I'm long overdue in writing a review for our stay at Country Inn & Suites. We had an extensive layover on New Year's Eve 2013, so we reserved a room here due to its proximity to shopping options (Super Target & a mall). We figured we would have to find a cab, particularly returning to the hotel with packages, but we asked when we arrived if there was a possibility to get driven to and picked up at the shopping places-not a problem whatsoever we were told and we were treated to exceptionally kind and warm service by the staff who shuttled us around without blinking an eye. The great service extended to our trip to breakfast, check-out time, and our trip to the airport, where our driver even refused a tip, telling us he was just doing his job. The service provided at Country Inn & Suites in Humble exceeded all experiences we have had in our travels in the U.S., it was that good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PeruTransplant
Mickey R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed the night before at a hotel a mile north of this one - where I found I could not send or receive emails. Country Inn & Suites was my rescue. I called in the morning and asked if I could come to their lobby, get their access code, and test my email capabilities, and they were more than happy to accommodate me - a non-guest. My email worked fine in their lobby, so I checked out of the other hotel and came here, and what a great experience. Now for some details:

PRO
- Good internet, as mentioned
- Six-star staff, from the housekeeping manager to the sales manager (Claudia - thanks again!!), and everyone at the front desk
- Very flexible to my timing - I had a meeting go way over, and they let me check out quite a bit later than usual.
- Usual breakfast (meat, eggs, wafflemaker, plus typical "Continental" fare) but in a really nice breakfast area, with plenty of seating and nice well-kept furniture, and metal silverware (nice touch!).
- Hotel hallways, walls, doors, and room interiors in top-notch shape. It appears they spend their maintenance budget well - I only saw a couple dings, which is inevitable when dealing with the public.
- Two elevators (trivial, perhaps, but it does shorten the wait time...)
- Thermostat was digital, so I knew where I was setting the temperature
- Higher end amenities (soap, lotion [ Vaseline brand, not some chinese no-name])
- Three minutes to Salt Grass Steakhouse, Pappas Seafood, etc.
- Did I mention how clean and well-kept the hotel was?

CONS
- aforementioned dings, not enough to even care about
- Thermostat mounted on the unit, instead of a wall unit (which wall units usually give more even climate control)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Travelin_Engineer

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We booked this because it had a shuttle and breakfast and had good ratings. As it turns out our inbound flight arrived after 11:00 pm and their shuttle stops at 11:00. Need to remember to phone the hotel prior to departing to check their times. On our 2nd stay, which was Jan 4, they were extremely busy and the shuttle could not keep up so a lot of travelers had to wait quite a while for the shuttle. On both stays, the shuttle to the airport was great. We only had time for one breakfast here and it was okay mainly because they ran out of bananas and there was no waffle mix made up. They also have limited cereal (no real granola). Also, on our 2nd stay, we were put in a non-smoking room which had been smoked in and had the smoke detector wrapped in plastic. They gave us a new room. In our room they had a separate bed room which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark K
Mickey R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and, as a good will gesture, wish to extend a Club Carlson membership and award you with 5000 points for your troubles. Please contact me directly to ensure you receive the points

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the phone number listed below.

Markendria Robinson
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites : Intercontinental Airport East : Humble, Tx
281-446-4977

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently stayed here one night during a flight cancelation and I have to say that I was VERY impressed with everything. It is not often that I can say that everything was perfect, but it was. The hotel has a great complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. On the way back from the hotel to the airport, they had the executive housekeeper driver me to make sure I got there on time. She was one of the NICEST persons I have even had the pleasure to speak with. I complimented her on how clean the hotel and rooms were and she highly appreciated the feedback as she drove me to the airport. All of the staff, from check in to check out, to housekeeping, to the breakfast attendant, were all extremely friendly and professional. They are the staff you would find at a 5 star hotel!! The rooms are very spacious, modern, up to date, plenty of work space and plug in's, ac/heat worked well, and the beds are very comfy! Most of all, the room was SUPER CLEAN!!! The indoor pool/spa was very clean and well maintained, breakfast was great - a full buffet, and the free cookies at check in were a nice treat! Overall, I have not had this good of a hotel stay in quite a while! I will be back!! JOB WELL DONE !!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business