“NOT Pet friendly”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Fort Worth, Texas
“NOT Pet friendly”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

First night $15 pet fee then changed to $40 for nights 2 & 3. Our dogs are crate trained and very well behaved they just decided to change the price. Daxa is rude and does not care about her customers at all. She made us wait a half hour to talk to her about the fee change.
Also worth noting, the bath rugs are cleaner than the towels. The towels are gray and filthy with dirt and age.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank carpedeum
Knights-Inn-IAH, Guest Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We took the matter to heart and immediately modified our pet policy sign to be more clear in stating that the pet fee is per pet. The incorrect charges on the first night was clearly an oversight on our part, and that too has been discussed with our staff. Providing our guests with quality service is crucial to our success as a small business, and we are always working hard to further improve that.

Respectfully,
Tulsi P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I missed my plane due to weather and had to stay in Houston. I was hungry and tired and had my 4 year old with me. My husband called for the shuttle to pick me up which happened to be Daxa. I couldn't find her and she stayed on the phone with me and so very patient until we met and found each other. She was so friendly and treats her staff with the utmost respect and kindness. I slept very well and was grateful that she didn't raise her prices when she well could have with people having to stay a night due to the weather. If I ever have to stay for a quick trip to Houston, I will stay at this place. The free shuttle was nice but meeting Daxa was a pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Knights-Inn-IAH, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us again next time you're in Houston (hopefully it will a planned layover though).

Best,
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Good value, clean, good sized rooms, air conditioning, tv. Free shuttle to and from the airport. The owner is very friendly and knows she is in a competitive business, so she tries to please. Good place to stay when you have to overnight at the airport. A bit further away, but you can walk to a restaurant if you want.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My fancy 4 stars Hotel canceled my reservation the day before I arrive, so I end up in the the Knights Inn. I was expecting the worse but it was a good surprise. The room was spacious, very clean, and the bed very confortable. I went to Houston on a 3-day business trip, and the second day I couldn't get a cab, so the manager (a sweet lady) offered to give me a ride, and she came to pick me up when I finished my meeting. Her daughter took charge of driving me from and back to the Hotel the second day. They charged me like a cab, but I would have payed double if they have asked. I will definitely go back on my next trip to Houston.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Moha007
Regina, SK
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Had not planned on spending a night in Houston but due to missing a flight connection the airliines suggested this hotel for an economical overniter. The owner picked us up promptly and because it was late offered to take us to a restaurant and just made us feel very welcome. Rooms were not fancy but clean and quiet. We had free internet and use of the copier by the front desk. Also free coffee even though we missed the continental breakfast. I would stay at this hotel if I am ever back in Houston.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cher4
Calgary
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way to and from Roatan in April. I believe the value for the price was exceptional: spotless room, continental breakfast (toasts, jam, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, bananas), airport shuttle (we were picked up at night and dropped off very early in the morning by Toyota Camry). It seems that the furniture and washroom fixtures were new. All the staff and the manager-owner were very nice, helpful and efficient. We were referred to the nearby restaurant D's Tax-Mex (we walked there) where we very much enjoyed the food. Despite the proximity to a highway and several flyovers we barely could hear any noise in our room. The only drawback was a smell in the corridor but it was not present in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Pleasant, clean, comfortable, friendly and affordable stay. Night manager/shuttle driver makes you feel secure. I left items in the room and they were waiting for me when I got home. Will stay there again if travel plans take me there.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank sandygola
Knights-Inn-IAH, Front Office Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for recommending the Knights Inn - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you received your delivered belongings. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Tulsi P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Rodeway Inn Humble
Rodeway Inn Humble
#19 of 35 in Humble

Been to Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!