“Excellent value with minor drawbacks”
Review of Woodland Inn

Woodland Inn
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Considering the daily and weekly rates, Daxa's Inn is an very good choice. The rooms are very clean and look reasonably modern. Breakfast is included in the daily rates, and a shuttle to IAH airport is provided as well. However, there are some smaller drawbacks. The first one is signage: while the hotel is called Daxa's Inn, the old Knights Inn signage is still everywhere. This can be a bit confusing on arrival. Also, while conveniently located off I-69, there is not much in the immediate neighborhood, just a Quizno's and two gas stations. No grocery stores (apart from the gas station), fast food places, or better restaurants within walking distance. Also, as elsewhere, a location close to a freeway means the surrounding neighborhood seems somewhat run-down. Breakfast is below-average, with two choices of cereals, toast, butter and jam. Two or three additional choices would be great. Finally, the rooms are a bit noisy, but then again what does a traveler expect from a hotel close to the airport and a major interchange? The noise level is absolutely bareable considering the great rates and helpful service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have been using another facility closer to I45 all these years. i decided to make a change to Daxa's inn Humble on Sept 08, 2012. World of Difference. Nice, friendly service. Clean comfortable room. We didn't stay long enough for the free breakfast. Efficient transportation was provided to and fro to the Bush Intercontinental Airport. It is located very close to highways and our car was parked for 15 days. Very safe place for the car and people. The room came with a mini fridge and a mircowave. No odor of any sort in the room. I would recommend this place to one and all for their stay and parking. I am not able to rate the swimming pool and the breakfast place, since i never got around to use it.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, inspite of being close to highways.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravi S
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

The location and price of rooms are good.They advertise 24hr shuttle and its not. You have to make a1-week advance notice but they dont tell you that until you are trying to get to airport to catch flight. Smelled like cigarettes in the a/c everyday.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel offers a parking package which includes 10 days of parking and an overnight stay in the hotel for around $75.00. Perfect if you have a very early flight like I had.

My room had a comfortable king bed w/fridge and microwave. Its a typical simple hotel room, nothing fancy. The hotel offers free wireless and airport transportation.

It appears that they have made some improvements i.e. painting - but they should've taken the time to clean up the paint splatters or drops of paint for a cleaner appearance. Also, my wall mounted hairdryer was laying on the bathroom vanity. Neither of these items impared my stay in any way and are all cosmetic. I would just hope thst at some point they fix these small issues.

The negatives:
1. The elevator was not working, so I had to lug my suitcase up 2 flights of stairs. They did warn me of this when I made my reservation however; It would've been nice if they put "Out of Order" signs on it. Since I didnt see any I had assumed it had been fixed.

2. The sheets were pilly and navy blue! How many times have you stayed in a hotel with colored sheets? Nice touch, but a better quality sheet would not pill.

3. More towels or thicker towels would be nice.

4. The hotel (formally a Knights Inn) sits directly next too and under highways - so if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring ear plugs. I couldn't sleep to save my life but it was still nice to not have to get up at 2am to drive to the airport.

All in all I would use them again if I have an early flight and plan to be out of town for 10 days.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Knights-Inn-IAH, Guest Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

We're so glad to hear that our Park & Fly + Hotel Package was an affordable and convenient fit for your needs! And thank you for your review! I appreciate that it highlights our strengths and still promotes transparency for other travelers. We'll work hard to address the points to mentioned. When you call to set up your reservation, please mention your previous experience with the noise and so can do our best to accommodate you accordingly. We certainly hope you come back and stay with us for your next trip out of IAH!
Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Friendly, professional service, well equipped, clean rooms at a good rate, close to airport. We only stayed one night, and only there in the dark. Proximity and shuttle to airport a real bonus!
Office staff and shuttle driver were very friendly and courteous

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 24 July 2012

First night $15 pet fee then changed to $40 for nights 2 & 3. Our dogs are crate trained and very well behaved they just decided to change the price. Daxa is rude and does not care about her customers at all. She made us wait a half hour to talk to her about the fee change.
Also worth noting, the bath rugs are cleaner than the towels. The towels are gray and filthy with dirt and age.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank carpedeum
Knights-Inn-IAH, Guest Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We took the matter to heart and immediately modified our pet policy sign to be more clear in stating that the pet fee is per pet. The incorrect charges on the first night was clearly an oversight on our part, and that too has been discussed with our staff. Providing our guests with quality service is crucial to our success as a small business, and we are always working hard to further improve that.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I missed my plane due to weather and had to stay in Houston. I was hungry and tired and had my 4 year old with me. My husband called for the shuttle to pick me up which happened to be Daxa. I couldn't find her and she stayed on the phone with me and so very patient until we met and found each other. She was so friendly and treats her staff with the utmost respect and kindness. I slept very well and was grateful that she didn't raise her prices when she well could have with people having to stay a night due to the weather. If I ever have to stay for a quick trip to Houston, I will stay at this place. The free shuttle was nice but meeting Daxa was a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Knights-Inn-IAH, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us again next time you're in Houston (hopefully it will a planned layover though).

Best,
Tulsi P.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
3 mi away
Rodeway Inn Humble
#20 of 38 in Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Days Inn Humble/Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!