“Great location, great value”

Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Rusk, Texas
“Great location, great value”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I stayed here the night prior to an early morning flight out of Intercontinental Airport. The location is great! It was so easy to get to the airport.
The suite was clean, comfortable, and the staff was great.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank FAMILY39_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Although the hotel had few cars (and I assume guests), we were given a room on the parkway side. Couldn't sleep at all with cars zooming by all night. There are other hotels in this area. I would stay in any of these before I went back to this one. Perhaps we were given this room because we had government rates, but it was an awful experience.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weelaman
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,172 helpful votes
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I arrived early in the morning after a 15 hour flight from Africa and was looking for a place to shower, go to the gym and check e/amils while waiting for a flight in the mid afternoon.

I originally called some other hotels that had a higher Trip Adviser rating but they wanted the full overnight rate even though I was checking out in the afternoon and they could re-rent my room. So I tried the Holiday Inn Express and was glad I did. Not only did the mamanger give me a great rate but they sent the shuttle to pick me up within ten minutes and both Jose and Stephanie, the manager were so helpful.

I arrived after breakfast was over so can´t comment.

My room was a suite room with kitchen opposite the maid´s laundry room but still very quiet. Lots of space with a bedroom area with TV, a living room area with sofas and TV and a cooking area. The bathroom is a bit small with a small shower inside a mini tub. iThe room was a bit old but spotless. Wifi was fast and free. The gym was so so--most of the equipment is old and broken. The pool is tiny and not in use in winter.

They held my luggage until I returned from my trip a few days later even though I wasn´t staying with them upon my return.

Next time I need a few hours rest or an early start for the airport, I´m staying here. This place isn´t fancy, but it is well managed and the staff are kindness itself.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank poleinahole1
Kansas City
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We have enjoyed our stays at Holiday Inn Express in various locations, and Humble, TX was no exception. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the Houston IAH airport, with free and efficient shuttle service. Not only was the shuttle free; the driver took us to a nearby mall to shop and enjoy dinner at nearby restaurants. She also baked the wonderful cookies offered at afternoon “tea”. This was very much appreciated since there was very little within walking distance of the hotel.

There was a small business office with computer/Internet access, a small gym and a pool. The hotel was very clean and offered the comfort and conveniences we have come to expect of this brand.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Island-Voyager
California
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I had an 8 hour lay over after taking a red eye flight from California. Rather than hanging around in the Houston airport I decided to google the closest hotels to the airport so I could check-in and sleep. The marriott was the closest but they wanted $200.00 for the day. I came accross the Holiday Inn express and was a bit reluctant as the Holiday Inn where I live is pretty shabby. Against my better judgement, I went ahead and gave them a call and they were able to work out a price deal for me and check me in at 6:00am when I arrived from the airport. It's a really small hotel but the staff is very nice and friendly (shuttle driver & front desk agent Pemi?). The bed was the most comfortable one I had slept in for my entire 2 week vacation. They provide an airport shuttle every 30 minutes, complimentary breakfast, and walmart is a hop and a skip away.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank forever_yours_390
Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2009

My husband and I were able to get away from the kids for a night. We wanted to stay close by but still feel like we "got away". So we stayed one night in this hotel. We originally booked a jacuzzi suite which we understood would be a separate bath tub in the room. When we called to verify the reservations the woman at the front desk informed me it was just a jetted tub. This upset us at first but we were locked in at a discounted rate through advance purchase and could not cancel our reservation. However, at check in the woman remembered us and apologized profusely for the mix-up. She treated us very kindly and gave an additional discount. The room we stayed in was very clean and very quiet. We really felt relaxed and we enjoyed the stay very much. The hotel is decorated beautifully. The breakfast was very good. It had alot of choices and it was well stocked. The coffee was wonderful! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank motherof3Texas
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We selected this hotel in Houston for an overnight stay when flying into George Bush Intercontinental Airport for our cruise out of Galveston the next day because it offers a complimentary airport shuttle and hot breakfast, and is within walking distance to several fast-foods (Sonic, yes!!!). We reserved two rooms at a decent price that included kitchens to give us extra space since we had three people in each room. There was also a sitting room and 2 TVs. The beds were SO comfortable! The staff at this hotel is to be commended for their courtesy and professionalism. Our airport shuttle driver, Reginald, was such a pleasant, happy person and he offered to drive guests anywhere they liked, including to restaurants for dinner. We chose to walk to Sonic and he drove over upon our arrival to let us know he also provides security! What a guy. We carried our dinner back to the hotel and ate in the nice dining area where breakfast is served. Upon check-in, the gentleman at the registration desk was also very pleasant and professional and gave us a gift bag for being Priority Club members...I'm sorry to say I didn't get his name. The only thing I can ding this hotel on is the size of the bedrooms that contain two queen beds. There was no room to get out of each of the sides of the beds next to the walls - you had to get out at the bottom of the bed! The complimentary hot breakfast was just okay, but saved us money and time.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family