“Not sure I would stay here again”

Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Lobby, elevator, hallways and rooms were not well maintained. I was stuck at the airport and paid $100 for a room that smelled, had broken electrical outlets, broken light switches, and was not clean. The towels were fresh but bed linens were well worn and there was hair and dust all over the room. Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express choices and well stocked. Just not a good experience. Believe some of the older more positive reviews are from owners/management. I would call this hotel average at best.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank sf311
tonelocke, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

We here at the Holiday Inn Express are continually trying to improve upon ourselves and appreciate any comments that can help us correct future problems. Please feel free to call me personally about the situation you encountered so that I can make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was coming home late one night (around 1-2am) and needed to crash somewhere so I didn't fall asleep on the rd. The heavy lady with the tattoo on her chest was extremely rude while I was asking about availability and checking in. The cost was 100 which was more than I wanted to pay but I needed to sleep. The room was nice and clean. The hallway when walking in was littered with old tv's I guess they were getting rid of and replacing w flatscreens. The next day staff was much better. I actually left my watch there and called the the front desk went to find it and held it for me. I would givethem a 5 and the lady a 1 so it averages to a 3 for service. I would not stay here again at this price. I should've used priceline.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 2 March 2012

i stayed here a a couple of days ago and i found this place to be GREAT!....the housekeeping,front desk,shuttle driver were all very friendly and helpful. another plus is the free breakfast in the morning.i would recommend this place to all my friends and already booked my next reservation over here!!!!...plus so close to the aiport

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank raj s
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks in February 2012 as I was working nearby.

Check-in was a breeze, very easy and very quick.

The room was a king suite which consisted of a little area with tv, desk and sofa, a little kitchen and obviously a bathroom and bedroom. Quite large room but it wasn't required for the purpose of my visit as I would just watch the television in bed instead of in the living area. The bed was really, really comfy, comfiest I've probably slept in in a hotel.

Free wireless which is always nice, although it was quite a poor connection it still worked reasonably fast, no complaints.

There is a swimming pool which is quite small but I would've used it had the weather been better.

Breakfast was good, lots of different coffees, tea, bacon, sausage, biscuits, cereals and fruits. The cinnamon buns are very, very nice.

The downside was the noise, obviously the airport is nearby and the planes fly quite late which was irritating but also if you have a room at the side of the hotel where the road is, this can be annoying. I got used to it though so it wasn't a big problem. Another downside was the front desk can go quite some time without being manned, this was frustrating as I was requiring quarters for the laundry.

Very conveniently placed, there is a good mall nearby where you can get all your shopping needs, also a Walmart is 5 minutes away too.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the same side as the road if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dons1977
Reviewed 29 February 2012

spacious and clean rooms. since i was their with my kids they were able to have fun in the living room, watching their shows, while i relaxed in the bed room. the breakfast was plentiful with lots of varieties. they also had warm fresh cookies and popcorn. Staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank angelica g
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this establishment dispite, them and the experience was memorable....it had living room and bedroom separate...its was clean...the beds were heavenly....the breakfast fabulous....the staff were very friendly and helpful....i thoroughly recommend it...

Room Tip: its an airport property...the hotel only offers airport suttle but the management makes many excepti...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Sharad P
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I booked this for one night as we were flying into IAH late and being picked up by friends the next afternoon. How bad could it be for one night?? Quite bad! Although the receptionist on the evening and morning shift were helpful and friendly, we were given late check out which helped and free soft drinks and cookies but this did not make up for the lack of sleep after a 18 journey. All I wanted was to check in, have a soak in a bath and go to bed. We checked in, went to our room which smelt musty and noticed that the toilet cistern was running constantly, we tried to pull the flush again as this can sometimes stop the water running but this did not work (the handle was hanging loose). I went to reception and told the lady about the problem, she said that she could not move us as they were fully booked that night and that she would have to wait for the driver to return to see if they could fix it. She asked if it would bother us if it wasn't fixed! I said it would as I was a light sleeper. I had asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper when booking the room but this was obviously ignored as I booked the room using my points. When I went back to the room my husband had just finished repairing the toilet so I went back to report this, I was then offered free soft drinks and snacks, I took some water but refused snacks as we just wanted to sleep.
I did have a bath before going to bed, however the room was one with accessible facilities, one of which was a bath seat which was attached to the wall and overhanging the bath, so having a comfortable soak with a bench above my head did not really work; additionally when I filled the bath, fluff appeared on the surface of the water, presumably from the overflow, not sure, but not pleasant.
The bed was comfortable, I think because there was a mattress topper. Apart from that there was little chance of a decent nights sleep. Our room was on the ground floor, I could hear people upstairs walking on the creaking floor and slamming doors (it did not appear to be possible to close the bedroom doors without slamming them, we could not easily close ours). We could not put the air conditioner on in our room because it was so noisy, that obviously did not stop other people from putting theirs on as I could hear units running all night. The windows do not open so it is not possible to let any air into the rooms. Traffic noise went on for most of the night from the busy road outside the hotel, I think it quietened down for around 2 hours and then started up again. Our room overlooked the car park so we also got noise from late arrivals and early departures.
Apart from this, as stated by other reviewers this place needs a full revamp, decor is really tired(just as I was when I left this hotel), the furniture and fixings all need replacing/updating. The rooms are all suites with kitchens which is probably a waste for the majority of clients as I would imagine they are mostly overnight stays pre or post flight so would have no need of this. Fridge though was great to have, to store cold drinks in.
Breakfast was OK we managed to find something to eat from amongst the American food. Tasty but cold omelettes, they looked awful, preformed possibly frozen, don't know, but flavour good. Bread available for toasting but other food either really sweet or not standard European breakfast fare so didn't attempt it. Coffee good for hotel coffee and juice out of machine good as well.
Guest laundry rooms are handy (well for us as we had late check out probab;y not if you have to check out by 11).
Glad we didn't pre book for our return journey next month, I will look for another hotel close to the airport.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple