Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Good Airport Option”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

For some intangible reason, hotels located around airports always have the depressing vibe of "we know you don't want to stay HERE, but you are just because you're on your way somewhere else". This place does its best to make you feel that you might actually want to be staying here, which is a welcome change.

Another thing, I have no idea what the difference is between a "Holiday Inn" and a "Holiday Inn Express". There is a full-fledged Holiday Inn on JFK (about same distance from the airport), and the only difference I can notice is that they have more breakfast options (at a cost) while this place has the typical HIexpress buffet setup of drowsy/hungover guests fumbling the communal offerings of scrambled eggs, sausage and cinnamon buns.

Room quality is great. My standard king-bed room felt more like a suite which had a detached living area from the bedroom (with TV 's in each).

As far as location goes, I prefer this over the non-express Holiday Inn, as it is close to a strip of all the restaurants and big box stores you'll ever need.

• Stayed May 2013
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Pat,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel has gone through some staff changes recently, including management, and I think the service is taking a turn for the better. As a smaller hotel, I like to think that we are able to provide a more personal touch to our service and treat each of our guests as if they are a guest at our home...at least that is my goal. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the hotel and I look forward to having you as my guest again real soon. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We missed a flight and stayed here for 1 night compliments of United Airlines. The room was good not great. A little aged but clean. Our check-in was quick and staff was very courteous. We ate dinner and breakfast in their restaurant, which was very convenient and good. I would recommend for short stay. Free Airport shuttle was a definite plus and it runs every 30 minutes during peak times.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Room quality is the main issue here. It's never a good start when you discover dirty sheets (thankfully, there were two beds), and countless little things in the room that made you feel like the place was worn down. There were small holes in the wallpaper (redecorating gone incomplete?), a refrigerator that looked as if a baseball bat was taken to it, the shower rod was coming out of the wall at both ends, and a nominally working toilet (worse in two other rooms reported by others). Also, the hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and the small shuttle bus couldn't keep up with demand (get on the early one). The saving grace was the staff who truly seemed to care about the guests.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear wacomick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am disappointed to read that we failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations during your stay. I apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered in your room and I deeply regret that you didn't find some items in your room to your liking.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Front desk staff very very friendly and proffesional, treated every one equally, nothing like the service I received at the other Holiday Inn, I will definately be back to this location!!! Clean rooms, good breakfast, everything was GREAT!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 7 December 2012

After almost 8 hours waiting for a two weeks old Boeing 787 not to be fixed in George Bush International Airport, United Airlines sent us to the Holiday Inn Express.
The rooms are huge, but the smell is not good and the shower dropped the entire night.
We ordered a wakeup call at 5am but they forget to make it (fortunately I wake up myself due to jet lag).

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edgarfn
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Me tuve que hospedar en este hotel d3bido a que mi vuelo Huston-Las Vegas fue cancelado. Queda muy cerca del aeropuerto, tienen servicio de transporte propio y la atencion dl personal fue excelente, igual que las instalaciones y el precio ($140 por una noche en habitacion doble). Lo recomiendo 100%
I had to stay at this hotel because my fligt Huston-Las Vegas was cancelled and I couldn't get in another fligth. This hotel is nearby the airport and has shuttle service. The attention was great, same as the facillities and the price ($140.00 for a night in a double room). I rcomend it 100%

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Pros: The staff is very friendly and accomodating. I had a shuttle issue and the driver accompanied me in to talk to the desk clerk so it didn't happen to someone else. They both were very apologetic. I also had a minor maintenance problem and a very friendly housekeeper took care of it. Due to my inconveniences, the clerk issued me a voucher for Priority Club points without me even asking. Close to airport - 3 minutes. 2 flat screen TVs - one in bedroom area and one in sitting area. Microwave, mini frig, coffee maker. Sofa bed, upholstered chair, coffee & end tables. Sufficient number/locations of outlets. Good WiFi connection. Work desk. Full length mirror. Lots of storage. USA Today free to Priority Club members. Free shuttle to airport - runs every 30 minutes with reservation - must be in lobby 10 minutes before schedule. Very prompt.

Cons: The bathroom doors open in toward the vanity - awkward. Had to request a bill when checking out at 5:30 AM

Misc Comments: Foam pillows. Free breakfast buffet included at 6:30-9:30 AM. 24 hour fitness center with 1 bike, 2 treadmills, stepper and multi-use weight machine. Located off lobby. Business center in lobby. Pool 6am-10pm towels provided. Delivery service available for food. Laundry valet M-F except holidays. Laundry machines $1 near elevator on 2nd & 3rd floors. Ice, snacks, soaps, soda, ice cream on 1st & 3rd floors.

I would definately stay again for early AM flight departures.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in "01" to "19" are close to the elevator Room 211 backs up to the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
tonelocke, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear guest: We are always pleased to hear from our guests. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Antonio Chamorro