“My Stay at Super 8”

Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Humble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jonesboro
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was my first time using the hotel. The bed was comfortable but needs more than 3 pillows. The room was clean and neat. It was close to the airport and other restaurants. I will use this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I arrived at the airport and I called the hotel to have their shuttle picking me up. I was expecting a van or something bearing the name of the hotel but nothing like that showed up. So I called back the hotel to see if I misunderstood the pick-up location and I was finally told that they do not have a branded shuttle but they use the shuttles of a company called Rocket Parks. Notice that the shuttle doesn't even have a Super 8 sign on the front window so, since I was never told that when I first called, I couldn't imagine that it was the right shuttle to go to the Super 8 .
Those kind of busses are made to run at low speed around airports, they are not suitable to go on the highway. The suitcases are stored in the cabin, right in front were passengers seats. In case of a crash passengers will get all those suitcases right in their face. The ride is rather uncomfortable and bouncy because, again those busses are not made to go at high speed. Anyway, the shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes. It needs to be booked in advance and you have to be in the lobby 20 minutes before the departure. The shuttle stops to pick up people at other hotels so what could be a direct 15 minutes ride could take longer. Plan accordingly.
Now about the hotel. I booked one night. Upon arrival the gentleman who checked me in was rather cold, and dismissive. I requested a non-smoking room but as soon as I got out of the elevator I could smell cigarette smoke in the aisle. In the room the smell was more like mildew and I realized it was coming out of the air conditioner. The room was rather hot so I couldn't keep it turned off. The room itself seemed freshly painted and the bathroom was also newly remodeled and reasonably clean.The carpet was old and dirty tough. I did not feel comfortable to take my shoes off. The two chairs in the room were also very dirty with some large stains in the cushion fabric. The was no place to set the suitcase and I just had to leave it on the floor. The furniture were old and scratched. The bed was large ( king ), the comforter was...yuk, the sheets were a tad yellowish but seemed clean. All three pillows were smelling bad. I was so grossed out. I slept without a pillow but I couldn't sleep much. So, at 4 am I got up, took a shower and ended my misery checking out a few hours in advance. The breakfast offered was quite modest. Yogurt, apples, bread and jelly, maybe some pastry, and juice from a machine is all I can remember seeing. I didn't touch anything. Please do not be fooled by the photos of the lobby which is basic but nice. The rooms, at least mine was nothing more than a Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have not bee to the property yet, I booked this in error...never book when you are in a hurry. I was going to stay at the newer Days Inn. After 24 hours I still do not have a confirmation so when I called the 800 number they transferred me to 'Jackie' she was just flat rude and unless this hotel has improved from previous reviews I am sure I will not give them a good or even a poor review. They are at terrible and I have my concerns that they will not go up from there. I will shred my Points membership card and just stay at Hiltons. maybe even Hampton Inns again and all three experiences with them were bad. Good Luck Super 8 Intercontinental Houston . . . . .

Room Tip: I will let you know after the trip
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mobile
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a connecting flight in the morning at IAH airport and selected this nearby hotel because of its price ($60/night total) and free shuttle service (provided by Rocket Parking). While we did not have breakfast there, we did notice that they offer one. I also saw an outdoor pool. The room was average yet spacious. I was surprised to see they offered two HBO channels on a relatively new Samsung flat-screen TV. Not bad for a utilitarian one-night stay: bed, breakfast, shower, and shuttle.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

UK
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my one night stop before my flight out from Houston. It was a bit dingy and grubby, but acceptable for a single night. The room (203) was very large with all the furnishings you'd expect. The bathroom seemed clean enough, as did the bed sheets. The carpet and quilt, however, both felt a bit sticky in spots (possibly due to being cheap rather than dirty) and the whole place is in desperate need of a thorough refurb. One good thing is that although the hotel is a bit out of the way they do have a partnership with a "room service" company who will deliver food direct to your door. I can't remember the name of it, but there should be a menu already in the room to have a look at. The food is simple, plentiful and well priced.

Overall, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there as a part of my holiday. However, for a one night stop a ten minute drive from the airport it worked out very well.

Good points: cheap, close to the airport.

Bad points: a bit manky in spots, right underneath the flight path (didn't bother me, might bother others!).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East

Been to Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX? Share your experiences!