“Convienent and Nice”

Comfort Suites Humble Houston North
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Comfort Suites is always our first choice and this property lives up to their lofty standards. Staff was great and worked with me through all of my reservations. Hotel was clean and easily accessible. Breakfast was really good and there was plenty without having to wait, even during the rush. They allowed us to have all 6 rooms on the same floor, which made things easier for me. Just a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked this hotel thru Hotwire, good price, but buyer beware. No airport shuttle to from airport, web site says it has shuttle, rooms are pretty big, spacious, breakfast was eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits gravy and other continental stuff. Loud hallways, next to major highway 59, and the staff was pretty good . The pool area outside was not as clean as it should be, debris near drains and the door to get back into hotel was broken, iratating when you have wet kids. When you spend 84 bucks a night, maybe I'm asking for too much in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Prices here tend to me more expensive than they need to me (especially compared to the airport area a few miles down the road), but Comfort Suites often offers great rates for a comfortable stay.

The only real down side here is the location; the hotel is located just north of an intersection with the freeway. If you're coming south and you exit for that intersection, it's easy to pull right in to the hotel. If you're coming north (i.e. from Houston or the airport), you are forced to go another mile down the freeway to the next exit and make a U-turn. The property would really benefit from a driveway to the crossroad.

The bed was comfortable; the room was clean and the free wifi was great. The breakfast was the biggest pleasant surprise — there were several choices, from danishes to eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texasbrian
Reviewed 19 March 2014

One word to describe our stay at Comfort Suites Humble would be AWESOME!! The suite was very roomy, comfy, completely smoke-free, super clean and very accommodating. The staff was super friendly and always available with a smile. The hotel was close to all the attractions and shopping centers my daughter and I wanted to visit. The complimentary breakfast was not only a full breakfast, but it was also super tasty! We truly enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to this area. We are already planning our next trip to this area!! Over all rating is EXCELLENT!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had made a reservation at this hotel and was really happy with the staff and the professionalism they showed. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I give this hotel very good marks on not just the staff but the cleanliness of this hotel. I will definitely keep this hotel on the top of my list if I'm back in this town. It is highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

was in humble for the first time booked online so wasn't to sure what to expect when i arrived at the hotel i was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk went to the room which was very clean great bed had a good sleep woke up in the morning had the breakfast and was on my way. if your looking for a good place with great rates and clean rooms and good service this hotel is the place. happy traveling....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Often booked solid so get there early if you want to have a choice of rooms. Clean up-to-date comfortable beds with white sheets (mine had a small permanent black streak on it) with white blankets and mattress wrapped in a protective cover, hide a bed sofa, desk, comfortable chair, refrigerator, microwave and separate tiny sink made for a nice little kitchen area, free true hot breakfast, free wifi, free parking, baby grand piano in the lobby that guest can play, noisy but functional elevator, outdoor pool, mini-store for buying food if you arrive late or want a snack, good coffee.

A 100% non smoking hotel but because smokers often have smoke smells on their clothing, bring deodorizing spray just in case you get a room that a smoker stayed in.

Had a little odor that may have been sanitizing spray but the smell disappeared when the ventilation turned on.I am very sensitive to odors and allergens but had no problems in this room. I will always try to stay at this hotel when in the Houston area. I often go to Houston to visit Lakewood Church in South Houston or Galveston Island. This is the first hotel in an affordable price range that I have found that has so many amenities and is smoke-free --at regular price.

I usually avoid this chain but due to an unfortunate situation, this was the hotel I was assigned by a third party booking site. I was a bit worried about its 85% recommended rating because I try very hard not to stay at a hotel recommended hotel less than 90%. From now on I will consider 85% hotels because this hotel was so clean and the staff was so kind. I can see how this hotel did not make the 90% recommended rating but for this chain and this price it is a 100% recommended. (Do I sound like a seasoned traveler yet?)

The carpet was clean so I can recommend this hotel for families with kids. The room was big so I can recommend it for people who need more space. I have a family member who uses a wheelchair and one who uses a walker so I try to address this situation as I review. In the regular room, the bathroom is by the front door and would be a bit tight for those using a wheelchair or walker. I am sure they have wheelchair accessible rooms but if you must get a regular room, the beds are a bit tall because they are modern and the bathrooms are a bit small.

The water flow in the shower was weak until I figured out that the showerhead was adjustable then the water flow was just fine with plenty of hot water.

I have heard that the even numbered rooms face the highway and are noisy. My room had no view at all and I was in an odd numbered room which was very quiet on the second floor.

I arrived late at night very tired and frustrated but I had no worries in this hotel. I will try to book this hotel outright in the future wen in the area. There is no where to walk to in this area. You need a car although the hotel has a shuttle. Its a bit of a drive to the airport but not bad if you stay on the side roads. There is a huge upscale indoor shopping mall within a 10 minute drive. On my trip I found some great deals at the mall. I had my own car but I suspect the hotel shuttle would drop you off if you wanted to get out an about. There are golfing places, state and federal parks, and colleges nearby.

The owners clearly care about their hotel. I agree that the report by some reviewers is true that the furniture is dated. At what point does "dated" become "classic" or "antique" ? So yes, the furnishings are dated but they are very clean and that is what I care about the most. If you want a modern hotel, go into Houston and pay more. I had just rejected a paid room at an "updated" hotel that reeked of stale cigarette smoke. When these hotels update their furniture, the customer pays for those updates. The furniture was very clean, a bit worn over time, but clean. the paint was chipping in the shower which is a maintenance issue that I hope the hotel will address before it gets too bad. I am tall so I see more than most people. I advise them to "look up" because housekeeping is usually looking down when they clean.

Overall, a very clean and friendly hotel with free hot breakfast, free wifi, and free parking. The furniture is a bit dated and worn from use-- but its clean. The owners care about their hotel which means that this hotel is better than average for this chain and for this price. I would like to keep this hotel a secret but that would not be fair to people like me who desperately need a good night's sleep on a good bed. I believe the reviewers were right about the rooms facing the highway as noisy so bring something with you to cover the noise if you know that you are a light sleeper. I used a Pandora station for sleeping to cover small noticed (but put a block on my door so an invader would have to make a lot of noise to get inside.) I also recommend booking this hotel in advance because it fills quickly. Read the other reviews as I have them to be accurate. The difference between mine and theirs is that I received a discounted rate and they paid a much higher price. If I paid their standard rate I might have been disappointed too. About the internet, I use my phone for a hotspot when I travel. I am unsure if they have a LAN connection or extra LAN cables so maybe call in advance before you book or before you leave home.

Room Tip: I had an odd numbered room and it was quiet.