“Hidden Gem in Humble”

Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“Hidden Gem in Humble”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The outward appearance of this restaurant belies the food inside. It sits in an obscure strip mall across from the Lowe's on 494. I had seen and ignored this place for years, and wondered how it stayed in business. Well, after finally eating there I know EXACTLY why it is in business. The food is just excellent.
Amedeo's is now a tradition with my wife and I. Whenever I return from a business trip, she picks me up at IAH and we go directly to Amedeo's. This is a welcome homecoming for me and a reward for my wife for the time I was away.
We of course have our favorite dishes. Mine is the "Golden Oysters" appetizer. I'm not really an oyster fan, but by golly these things are tasty.
We typically order one of the daily specials. They are always well prepared and delicious.
The service is fine and the food comes out promptly. The decor is not spectacular, but WHO CARES. I come for the food.

• Visited July 2013

Houston
“Consistently good food...”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have been going to Amedeo's for over 10 years and it is always great. Tony does a fantastic job at both of his restaurants, but this one will always be my favorite.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Canes1978
Houston, Texas
“Artichoke Dip the Best”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My favorite thing to order is an appetizer -- the artichoke dip. I have had artichoke dips elsewhere and no place can come close to Amedo's. Try their mojitos -- also the best around. The food is always good and the service outstanding. Restaurant is closed on Sundays.

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Not Your Ordinary Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Great Variety of Italian Dishes with Outstanding Quality! Good Service with a level of creativity behind their menu items. Try their dinner and lunch specials for off-menu items that are not your ordinary tuscan cuisine.

Excellent for both families dining out or for a romantic evening with couples, this restaurant is sure to please.

• Visited August 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Whenever we return to the Kingwood area, we make it a point to eat at Amedeo's. This little gem of a neighborhood restaurant has a nice wine list, excellent Italian food, and reasonable prices. The service and the food are consistently good.

Visited July 2012