“Country Charm at its Best!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Humble City Cafe

Humble City Cafe
Ranked #6 of 298 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dayton, Texas
“Country Charm at its Best!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here after church. It's extremely busy on Sunday afternoons, but the food was delicious. They have a wide variety of menu choices. Hot rolls and sweet cornbread are served while you wait for your entree. The prices are reasonable too.

Fredericksburg, VA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Enjoyed their daily special pot pie and salad. WOW is all I can say about the food here. I think I will go back today it was that good. It's an old diner but the ambiance is very nice with lots of things to look at on the walls. One older gentleman came around and sang God Bless America so I don't know how it could get any better. The cornbread was very hot and tasted great.

Humble, Texas
“My favorite place and people in Humble”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Service impeccable. Food fresh and just like Mother's cooking. The best sweet tea in town. Love the atmosphere. The daily specials are always exceptional.

Kingwood, TX
“Home Cooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been coming here for years. Great menu for comfort food - vege's, meats, desserts always consistent in taste. Love their hamburger's. Great ice tea too! Come around the holiday season -Thanksgiving through Christmas, as it is always decorated. Come any time!!

• Visited December 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Re-visitation Let Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times over the last nine years and have never been treated as horribly as I was yesterday, Sunday, February 16, 2014. I called and made reservations on Saturday for my family. All information was taken and I was told my space would be ready when we arrived (at 12:30 PM). When we arrived, however, we were rudely dismissed by the manager as she told me "well it's gonna be a wait cuz we're packed". When I asked how long she stated, as she walked away to seat yet another group of 4, "I have no way of knowing...depends on how fast the food is cooked and we get it out". When I mentioned that we had made a reservation, I was informed that they don't take reservations and it's first come first served. Questions: Why didn't they say that on Saturday when I called? Why take my information (name, phone, number of guests, arrival time) if you had no intention of honoring the reservation? Why did you continue to seat parties of four or more rather than prepare for the twenty who had already checked in and were waiting? Was it necessary to be so dismissive and completely ignore my party as you treated all other guests with respect?

Biggest question: Why didn't you seat us upstairs in the banquet room since you failed to adequately prepare for our party?

Until yesterday, I had nothing but good things to say about this establishment and wanted to show the rest of my family how awesome it was (atmosphere, food, friendliness of staff); but now I believe otherwise. It is not okay to treat anyone the way we were treated...by management no less. The only thing that helped me to enjoy the evening (at another restaurant - Happy Family Chinese Buffet) was the gentleman who approached me when I left and apologized for the experience. His female counterpart could learn some things from him on hospitality. I'll think twelve times before ever going back to Humble City Cafe.

• Visited February 2014