“great experience in the old home town”
Review of Humble City Cafe

Humble City Cafe
Ranked #4 of 299 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingwood Texas
“great experience in the old home town”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can heartily recommend the Humble City Cafe. It is not fancy but the food is really great, the employees know what it means to provide true customer serice and the interior furnishings make you feel like you are in a reak small town dining adventure. Usually the owner is there and will provide you with a neat song upon request.

• Visited June 2014

Kingwood, TX
“Always a Pleasure and Good Value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This time we were in a group of 17 on a history tour. This slowed service a bit at the start, but the staff quickly recovered and personal attention did not lack. The cornbread and rolls are always a treat. Good food and atmosphere that takes you back to a time when people didn't think of fast food places because they can't compare to the quality and value of this type of establishment. Never been disappointed; always glad we went there. A very special treat you may encounter at times is to be seranaded by a person with a very special relationship to the restaurant.

New York City, New York
“Southern Hospitality Comfort Food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

During a brief period living in Humble, I ate here a few times based on recommendations by some locals and I was very happy to find a good old fashioned comfort food joint, being surrounded by so many chain restaurants. I believe it's only open for breakfast and lunch, but that was good enough for me. I usually had the breakfast there and was always satisfied with the quality of food and delivery of service. This place was usually packed when I visited, but I was always seated quickly and treated kindly by the staff. On one occasion, I came after they had stopped serving breakfast, so I decided to try their lunch menu. While I was looking over the menu, my waitress (I think her name was Ann Marie) asked if I liked corn bread. I said yes, so she brought me out a complimentary pan of fresh baked corn bread while I waited for my meal. Very friendly service! Having tried many restaurants during my brief residence in Humble, this place was probably my favorite. Highly recommended for a great "home cooked" breakfast or lunch.

Denver, Colorado
“Mothers Day let down”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I know that most places on mothers day are busy and hectic, but that's still no reason to drop the ball. We waited over 30min for a table for two because the hostess forgot to add us to the waiting list. Upsetting really and just no excuse.

Our waitress was great. Not intrusive at all and paid attention to coffee levels very well. For that, I was really impressed after the hostess fail. My only gripe was the lack of attention to detail. Small parts of our order were incorrect, but being so hungry, I decided to just accept it.

Lets get down to the food. Pancakes were on point and the eggs cooked well and full of flavor. The breakfast potatoes were fried nicely and not oily at all. Biscuits were soft and had great flavor as well. The chicken fried chicken was thin, but a good fry on it as well. Now, here comes the bad. The absolutely worst country gravy I have ever had. I couldn't tell honestly if it was grits or not. No flavor, horrible texture, and really, really grainy. I have made country gravy way, way better than that. Had to send the biscuits and gravy back and removed from the check. Save yourself from that disaster and don't order it.

The environment was a mix of small town hospitality with the busy hustle of a place that people love. I would try this again if I was ever in Humble again, but that is unlikely to happen.

• Visited May 2014
Humble, Texas
“down home great food. This place is so friendly and food is delicious.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

You are greeted by friendly staff - making you feel like you have walked into a friend's kitchen. The blue pancakes are to die for. For lunch/dinner you are given cornbread - hot and sweet served with cinnamon butter. Yum Yum I have taken my grand -daughters ( 8 and 12) there for lunch ---- they ate it up. They beg to go back ! The place is down home friendly, food is delicious..... and the atmosphere is just like a down home café should be. Eat there often ---- and will be back !