“Fits our needs , and then some!”

Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Checked in today for a week stay as we look for a home ( moving to Houston shortly!!). Greeted at front desk with a smile . It was approx 9 am when we arrived ( had been up since 2am due to flight schedule from Milwaukee ). Check in was normally 2 pm. Asked to check in early, since we needed to sleep before meeting with real estate broker this afternoon. Turned out that our room was ready but such an early check in would run $25. Did not care since husband and I were both exhausted from such an early am.
We had reserved a king suite, smoking and our request was honored. This type of room consists of a small sitting/living room with a pull out couch, coffee table, side table and chair , plus a mini frig, micro and coffee maker. Btwn the sitting room and the bedroom is a full bathroom with tub shower combo. Closet is also located btwn sitting room and bedroom. Bedroom has a very comfortable king sized bed, dresser , desk and chair. Oh forgot!!! Both sitting area with pull out bed and bedroom have 42"? Flat screen TVs . Wireless Internet is included in your room charge and easy to hook up to!!

Even though we have only been here one day, I thought I'd write up a review before I forget the above. If necessary will update later.

Like right now. Forgot to mention the beautiful outdoor pool that is open until 10 pm. And breakfast every morning also included in your room charge also. Plus this hotel is very close to geo bush international airport but is not noisy , like some of the hotels around o'hare.

• Stayed: July 2013
BWPlus-IAH, Management Team at Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

We are happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for all of your kind words and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again the next time you visit Houston!!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had an early flight and it was a very convenient location. Upon entering our room we were greeted with a musty smell. I told the night clerk we were leaving at 5:30 a.m. (when their breakfast starts) and she told me we could tell the morning clerk we wanted a breakfast bag to go. I got the desk at 5:34 and the desk clerk rudely said that they only make breakfast bags to go until 5:30. I told her we were in a hurry, so she made us each bag, but was not friendly at all. We will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. On behalf of our entire staff I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. It is a possibility the smell you encountered was of the smoke removal foggers we use in our 3rd floor non-smoking rooms as they are situated on the same floor as our smoking rooms. We try not to rent those rooms unless we are sold out of the non-smoking rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors. We have addressed the staff issue as well and we hope you give us the opportunity to earn back your business. Once again, I apologize and we hope to see again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed here for a night with my infant child as we had an early flight the next morning. When I checked in I asked if they had a crib to which the desk clerk replied they did but she wasn't sure if it was available. She said she would put me in a room with two queen beds so I could make a border with pillows and have my baby sleep in his own bed. I said no thank you, please check on the crib. It was available, but she informed me there would be a $6 charge. First time I have ever been charged for using a hotel crib, but whatever, it's a small price to pay for his safety.
When I got to the room I saw that I had been placed in a room with two queen beds anyway, which was not what I wanted but was too tired to bother with it. The maintenance man was very prompt with bringing the crib to the room. The room was extremely dated and the bathroom was in desperate need of an overhaul but it still seemed clean enough. It did, however, smell faintly of urine and it took a long time for the ac to cool down the very warm room. I found the bed to be pretty comfortable.
After a long drive I just wanted to relax so I turned on the tv. I got a message saying that the satellite was not working. It stated that it could be due to inclement weather but if it persisted to call the front desk. The skies were clear as could be so after waiting about 30 minutes I called the front desk and reported my tv was not working.
They sent the maintenance man back, who clearly had no experience with technical problems and struggled to speak English. When the tv powered on (the satellite still wasn't working) he said,"The Tv is working fine, what's the problem?"
When he left I called the front desk again and they told me a cloud was probably in the way. If I would just be patient it would come back on soon. It was still not working when I left the room at 5:45 the following morning.
For what I paid I would be fine dealing with a substandard room or substandard customer service, but not both. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless they were only looking for a bed for the night with no other luxuries.

• Stayed: June 2013
BWPlus-IAH, Management Team at Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize that our hotel and staff was not able to leave with you with the pleasant experience that we strive to leave all of our guests with. We have looked into this matter and spoke to the staff members who assisted you that evening. As all the single bed rooms were sold out, the only non-smoking room type left was the Two Queen bed room which is why you were given that room type. If you had made a reservation prior to your arrival, we would have gladly booked you into a single bed room.

All of our guest room furniture was last updated in 2010 with Thomasville headboards, nightstands, work desks, chests, and coffee tables along with high-end drapes, top sheets, bed scarves, and bolster pillows. We have 42" flat-screen LCD TV's in all of our guests rooms along with brand new framed mirrors, vanity lights, and granite countertops in the bathrooms. All of our furniture and bedding is compatible to similar upper-mid-scale hotels like Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. I cannot grasp what you found in our decor that seemed dated. Regarding the crib charge, most hotels do charge for cribs and rollaway beds and we are sorry to hear that you felt it was an unfair charge.

Second, I would like to clarify that the person who came to deliver the crib and attempt to fix your TV was not our maintenance man but the shuttle driver. We do not have a 24-hr maintenance man on site and as he had left for the day, the desk clerk had sent the shuttle driver to try and resolve the issue. That evening the hotel and the surrounding area had a 3-hr power outage which caused a few of our satellite boxes the need to be reset. The receptionist did notify the night clerk that if you had called back and the TV issue persisted, to switch you into another room. As you had not called the front desk back, we assumed the issue had resolved itself and since it was past 11:30PM already, the night clerk didn't want to call back and disturb you.
What really saddens me is that the receptionist who checked you in is the same receptionist we get highly commended on day in and day out. We like our guests to feel at home and the last thing we want is for anyone to feel uncomfortable. Once again, I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had the opportunity to stay for business at this hotel not only for one night or a week, but for the last 6 months. I was very pleased with the friendliness and warmth from its staff at all times.
The rooms I stayed at were always clean and taken care of. The bathroom was very clean and that is one of the first items I check to feel comfortable. I liked the fact that whenever I needed an extra towel or pillow, or a shuttle to the airport, I always received prompt attention to my needs. I really felt at home away from home at that its hard to feel unless you are surrounded by people who care about you and your business. I also got to know the Manager, Nick and he always took care of all my requests. Although it got busy, I was never put away for later. Being close to the airport and other amenities was very helpful for the rate as well. I will stay there as many times as business will allow me to.

Room Tip: If you do not want street traffic noise, choose a room towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2Always_Travel

Thank you so much for all your kind words. It is our goal to make each guest feel at home and we are very pleased to hear that we accomplished that in your stay with us!! Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

BEST WETERN PLUS Intercontinental Airport Inn

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Beware! I recently checked in at the Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn because no other hotels were available during a conference in the area. There was a reason why it was so open and cheap! Upon checking in, I went to our room to find a urine stain and pubic hair clearly visible on the toilet seat- gross! Being tired, I simply asked for someone to clean it, but no one was around so they switched our room to one that reeked of smoke and moth balls. There was a cigarette burn hole on the sheets. I promptly left to desperately find another hotel. It was late and left me in a terrible situation. Though the front desk staff person was nice at first, she refused to provide a receipt when I decided to check out so that we had proof. STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY DO NOT CLEAN!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
BWPlus-IAH, Management Team at Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for completing this review.

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Truthfully speaking, with so many guests finding our hotel to be one of the cleanest hotels they have stayed in (check all of our reviews), we are really baffled by your comments on how cheap and dirty you felt our hotel was. Upon your departure from our hotel, we had management personally check both the rooms. There was neither urine stains on the toilet seat nor were any burn marks found on the sheets of the second room you were moved to. Cleanliness has never been an issue for our hotel as our housekeepers are brand certified, well trained, and routine quality assessments of our guest rooms are done in addition to a monthly enforced deep cleaning of each guest room. Additionally, we are members of the Best Western I CARE 2 Program in which our housekeeping is equipped with disinfecting wands and black lights to use daily. So as you see, I cannot comprehend your level of dissatisfaction with our hotel.

We invite you back and hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with the superior experience we offer all of our guests.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus with a group of guys for a golf vacation. This seems to be a family run franchise with a very friendly and helpful staff. They usually have Otis Spunkmeyer cookies available (3 different types) when you check-in, ala The Doubletree by Hilton. The check-in process was fast and efficient and they had no problem splitting the bill however we wanted. They have an airport shuttle which has a set schedule from the hotel and which you can call from the airport for a pick-up. The shuttle will also take you to area restaurants or shopping areas for a small set fee, so the more people you have to be transported, the lower the overall cost. It is a three story building with typical rooms for a facility this size. If you get a king size bed (rather than two queen beds) you get a sitting area with an additional flat screen tv, which provides a nice area to relax. They provide a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The rooms are nice but our bathroom was showing its wear. It was clean but could have used a little sprucing up. They provide a complimentary daily breakfast buffet that had fresh fruit, juices, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, made to order waffles, yogurt, coffee and tea. Although we only ate there once during our stay the food was very fresh and very tasty. They have a small business center and provide free wi-fi to all guests throughout the hotel. Nick, seemed to be the GM or a similar position and was very friendly and attentive to our needs. There is a Waffle House next door as well as a Sonic Drive-In, if you are looking for another option for breakfast, lunch or a light snack. There are several options for breakfast, lunch or dinner within a short drive from the hotel, if you have a car or are willing to pay for the shuttle service. There is a gas station a block away so it is a convenient place to refuel your rental vehicle before returning to the airport. Overall this is a good option if you don't need to be close to downtown Houston and it has easy access to the freeway system and airport. It is a clean, friendly and reasonably priced option and we would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 3rd floor (top floor) you don't have to worry about noise from peop...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for giving us a review.

We are happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

liked the property. Arrived after 3:00am to friendly, helpful staff. Clean, neat, and comfortable. real glassware and mugs. Very nice full b-fast and fast, friendly shuttle to airport the next day. >>>>>>>the 200 character REQUIREMENT for this review sucks tho

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and for your kind comments.
We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon! Take care.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercontinental Airport Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn? Share your experiences!