“Clint the Waiter”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I usually don't remember a waiters name but Clint did an excellent job. The dinner he recommended was wonderful. We asked if the dinner for 2 was enough for 3 and he said don't worry you will not go away hungry and we didn't. I have always had good luck with the Pappas restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Pappasito's Cantina

Reviewed 5 June 2014

That's what Pappasito's means to me. It is one of my old haunts in Houston (Humble to be precise). Check out its website at pappasitos.com. Lots of great info about the company (they hire employees to make their own chairs, own the trucks & employ the drivers that deliver food and produce to its restaurants).
I took my mother and stepfather to Pappasito's for lunch the day after their 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Two hours later, my folks were glowing from the great food and the potent margaritas.
In my many trips there, over 20 years, I have never had a bad meal or bad experience. Many complain that it's pricey. They're right, however, the dependable quality of the food, over decades, trumps saving a few dollars for me any day.
The ambience induces fun. Everywhere you look around people are having fun. It's also a family place where several generations of family or a group of friends are having a ball. The guacamole is very good and my favorite dish, Fajitas, has never failed to fill me up with a little left to take home or share with others around the table.
There's a wait for a table at peak times but read the rest of the reviews and you'll see why. Pappasito's consistently delivers quality food in a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went here for their fish tacos and we were not disappointed. The tortilla chips were warm and fresh. We were offered three different dips for our chips. The margaritas were cold and refreshing. The fish tacos were excellent. Great meal!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I love Pappasito's and head there directly from the airport whenever I get the chance to visit Houston. The tortillas are made on site and served hot, moist, soft, and delicious. The chips and salsas are wonderful, too. I usually get shrimp & charro beans, roll them up in a tortilla, & sigh with gladness! To drink? The Wave -- a frozen margarita with a swirl of sangria. Heaven!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everything is always delicious! Love Shrimp Brochette & Fajitas....Del Mar. Dad had quail and loved it. And of course Margaritas! Somewhat over-priced, but worth the splurge now and then!