“Delightful Evening”

Add it.
Crider's Rodeo & Dance Hall
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hunt
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Headed here to enjoy and evening out and enjoy our favorite band Jody Nix. We first ate at the cafe and there is a somewhat varied menu of fried items. We ordered a burger/fries and chicken strips/fries with two cokes. This came to a little over $16. Make a note that they DO NOT TAKE PLASTIC. They only accept cash or check. We had read this on their website but didn't remember. Luckily we had enough cash to pay for the order:) The cafe opens at 6:30 and we were there soon after so PLENTY of parking and seating. Inside was some available tables and outside on the patio with the large oak tree was your choice. The order came quickly and was warm but the strips were hard crust as if they had been cooked earlier and reheated. The fries were a little soggy. Nothing to rave about and I wouldn't probably eat there again or would maybe try something different. The rodeo didn't start until 8 and it began a little late. This is a small community and everybody seemed to know everybody so you kinda know you are from out-of-town. The rodeo was small caliber but fun. We left early as we really wanted to get to the dance. The dance floor is large concrete outside with picnic tables all around. Lots of tables were reserved so shared a table. Seems locals reserve the tables while they are at the rodeo so they have a place to sit when they get to the dance. Beer is $2.50 so that's a deal:) The music was super, that's why we traveled to hear them. The place was packed and lots of toddlers and teens mixed in with the adults and the small ones sliding across the dance floor. This is very much a community gathering and everyone enjoys the time as did we. The rodeo was $6 each and the dance was $10 each ($5 for seniors 65 and over). This place was established in 1925 so been around for a while and still going. We will return another time in the future.

4  Thank LAH28

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I visited Crider's for a night of two and three-step. The band also played some CW waltz, CW swing, CW cha-cha and a number of line dances for those who don't partner dance. I even managed to dance a bolero, which is not something you'd expect of a country western open-aired "hall" with a concrete dance floor.

At the start of the evening the concrete is very slick due to the sand they spread on the floor, but as the night wears on the floor gets less perilous. One still has to watch for random kids running through the dance area, but it is all part of the charm.

Food is available. There is a cover charge, but the drink prices are reasonable and there is plenty of picnic table seating.

2  Thank fogllama
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Drove to Crider's for some food, take in some Rodeo action and topped off the night with some Texas Two Stepping. The food is reasonable and the best deal are the burgers, the Rodeo was fun and exciting with a real Family friendly Atmosphere, saw Bull Riding, Calf Roping, Bronco riding and several other events. After the Rodeo we walked over to listen to the live band and even graced the dance floor with the granddaughters. The cost is Family Friendly for a great evening of food and entertainment.

1  Thank Wayne E
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Crider's is an outdoor dance hall that is open during the summer months. They have great live music on the weekends, and you will see people of all ages two stepping around the floor. This is a Hill Country tradition. Food is available, but mediocre. The real draw is the dancing, and the rodeo that happens prior to the opening of the dance hall. If you're visiting the Hill Country you won't be disappointed. Beautiful old live oaks tower over the dance floor. Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I started going to Crider's once a year 25 years ago when I worked at some of the camps in the area. A group of counselors would always go the night before the kids came in for camp that week. It was so much fun. Now I live in the Hill Country and still love going. This place is very family oriented. From little bitty ones to big ones all dancing on the concrete outdoor dance floor. So much fun. The rodeo before the dance on Saturday evenings is fun and especially for those that have never been to a rodeo. Two years ago I hosted a high-school reunion of my military brat classmates from all over, Crider's was most accommodating and the group loved the place. I've never been very impressed with the food, but I don't go for the food, I go for the rodeo and dancing. Only open from Memorial Weekend 'til Labor Day Weekend, try and make it out this summer with the family. Cost is reasonable, rodeo $7 (I believe) and dance $5-7.

1  Thank ctb2