“Great inexpensive place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Huntsville

La Quinta Inn Huntsville
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Florida
“Great inexpensive place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I were doing some long-distance driving and decided to stop here without a reservation around Midnight. The night staff was very nice, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I thought the room was in very good condition for an older property. I bet the pool is nice in the summer. Breakfast was tasty as well and the price, only $55, was very nice. I'd stay there again. Maybe I just lucked out on the room as compared to other people but I thought everything was a good as one can expect from a somewhat-bargain hotel chain.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My famiy and I spent Christmas with friends in Huntsville. I was very dissatisfied with my stay at La Quinta, Huntsville, TX. The hotel is dirty, old, and in need of major repairs and renovations. We reserved a room with two double beds. The first room we were given, rm120, had a dirty bathroom floor, bath tub, and used soap on the bath tub rim. I requested another room and was given rm 124. The bathroom was a bit better, but the bath tub was rusty. The tile and paint under the sink was chipped and dirty. The fitted bed sheets were torn and shredded around the corners. Also, the bathroom light was inoperable. Sometimes it would turn on and other times it wouldn’t work.

The only pros I can offer are that the room included a nice sized flat screen tv and the continental breakfast was pretty tasty. The hotel provided waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, milk and various juices.

Please be watchful of bidding on Huntsville hotels on Priceline. This La Quinta is rated as a 2 star hotel, so it is included in the list with hotels such as Holiday Inn and Best Western on Priceline. I have stayed at the Best Western in Huntsville several times. La Quinta does not compare to the accommodations at Best Western. I I hope that Price line will decrease the star level of La Quinta, Huntsville, so that another traveler will not have an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank YPM
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

La Quinta Inn at Huntsville, TX.

Very Nice! The roughly 12X18 room was very clean with a comfortable king sized bed, wireless networking, large flat screen TV, overstuffed chair, desk with fully functional secretary chair, and a standard straight backed chair. Also had a coffee maker, closet with suitcase rack, six drawer chest of drawers and two bedside tables. In short, plenty of flat spaces to pile your travel stuff.

The bathroom had a more than adequately sized sink & makeup area, good lighting (a must for my wife) plus a seperate potty and tub/shower room. My wife said the tub filled too slowly, but I found the shower very nice, and if you have read any of my other reviews, you know I'm a stickler for a decent shower!

Another review complained of an inadequate AC. As it was November, that was not a problem I can respond to, but our heater worked just fine. Also, as we were just off of I-45, I was worried about traffic noise, but in our unit facing the courtyard, it was actually very quiet. No traffic noise at all. We were awakened by a very happy bird singing in the courtyard.

The courtyard was large and very nice looking. This is an older motel as you can easily tell by the size of the pines, magnolias, and oak trees in the shaded courtyard. There was a large attractive pool as reported in other reviews, but perhaps because of the season, there were a lot of leaves in the bottom of the pool which was otherwise very clean.

The continental breakfast was a little sparce by my standards, but otherwise adequate with cereals, fruit, the usual waffle maker, coffee & juice with toast, bagels, yogurt, and hard-boiled eggs also available. We slept in and let our GPS take us to the nearest Dennys. Incidentally, there was a back road that allowed easy access into town without driving all the way up the frontage road to the next turnaround as previously reported. Just ask your GPS unit, or the nice folks at the desk.

All this cost me only $74, so I was more than happy. I would absolutely recommend this motel to others, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

One night that was almost comical with so many things wrong could've been a national lampoon's movie....
We arrived at almost 3pm and were told room wouldn't b ready for another 45 min (check in is 1pm) ???
TV didn't work, moved to another room and TV didn't work. They just updated to hd and having problems. Bummer
Third room had two beds and one was dirty. There was a women's underarmour clothing tag in the bed when I crawled in. Threw back the blanket and there was a waded up tissue and several long dark hairs in the bed. Not mine, I'm blonde. YIKES...I'm not sure that those linens were ever changed. Also an empty used shampoo container in the tub, toilet didn't work well, sink and tub didn't drain.
Despite these things the front desk staff was very apologetic and tried to accommodate us. It's just ironic that while visiting for a bike race at the state park we decided to get a room to have a nice bed, clean shower, toilet, and a tv.

• Stayed October 2011
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Decent hotel. The room had 2 queen beds with new linens, pillows and mattreses. 42" HDTV with like 30 channels (all HD channels including the NFL Network). Remaining furniture old/dated. Strange location (frontage road of I-45 northbound). You have to get on the frontage and either go to the next exit to loop around or take the first street right and go thru a neighborhood to get back to the main drag.

One bonus for Huntsville. The local cinema is $3 for matinees, $5 for evening shows (but it's a sixplex without stadium sitting). Paid $62.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Leonard, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have stayed at the La Quinta in Huntsville several times in the past. The property is very old. The rooms a outdated but clean and a good place to stay. This could be a very nice property with some updating. I would stay here anyway on future trips. The pool is great. My worst complaint is that the A/C units are sold old that they cannot keep the rooms cool enough on a hot day.... this week it was 105 there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack2148
oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Well..in regards to the previous reviewer who stated that the LaQuinta in Huntsville is the only one in town that accepts pets...I can see why it really wouldn't matter what types of animals you brought into the rooms. This place is such a dump a little animal urine here and there wouldn't really do much harm. I've stayed in some nice LaQuintas, but this one is just awful. All this is is a Motel 6 with a LaQuinta sign on the building. This is one of those really cool $50 a night jobs that alcoholics like to stay in to go on drinking binges. We walked past the two hoodlums next door sitting outside the room drinking beer with the hotel room door open and TV blaring and into our lovely "non smoking" room that smelled very strongly of smoke, nasty bathroom, who knows what kinds of stains running down the bathroom wall. That was pretty much it. A quick exit, and on down the road to the Holiday Inn Express, which was very nice. I'm not an upper class snob and I guess if you're a single guy just looking for a few hours of sleep and are not picky, you might be able to wing it, but please don't take your family and or children to this LaQuinta.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family