“Hard to find but hotel ok”

Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is very clean or at least my room was. It was a little out dated but not as bad as some hotels I've stayed at in Huntsville. The lobby was actually pretty nice. I expected worse. The breakfast was the usual hotel scrambled eggs sausage etc. Just ok. Staff were very nice and talkative. Bed was comfortable. Room smelled clean. Everything worked. My only complaint is the location. It was dark out by the time I got to hotel. You can't see the sign from the freeway like you can with some of the other hotels. They kept telling me it's between Dennys and Pay less but hotel and these places are off the side roads of the freeway and behind other places. Hotel is off a small dark road and the sign is not very lit up or visible from main road . Exterior lighting and parking area were pretty dark also.

• Stayed: July 2014
BEST WESTERN PL... H, Manager at Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate your feedback and we wish the same for better visibility of our hotel. We have taken this to the city ordinance meeting, as to how inconvenient it is for the guest, but city would not let us raise our existing sign, nor would it let us allow to put directional signs.
We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and are glad that you liked the amenities we offered. We would love to see you again, whenever your travel needs bring you to HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed over night at the Best Western and were very pleased with most everything. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean and although we didn't partake of the breakfast the next morning because of other commitments, the spread looked GREAT! The only thing that was bothersome was the toilet kept running but easily handled and the hotel was hard to find at first. Once we located it there was no problem! Great stay, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Didn't realized you entered from an outside door to your room. There were lots of truckers so a little bit noisy in the early morning hours. I left my Kindle in the room after checking out. I called later to see if it had been turned in by the housekeeper. Fortunately, it had been. I'm very thankful for the honest staff and for the front desk's immediate attention to helping locate it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This establishment was very relaxing and comfortable. It was located in a prime location for easy access to the Interstate, food and shopping if need be. It was far enough away from the interstate and off the main street that you didn't get a lot of road noise. The rooms were nice and the ammeneties were enough for my what I needed on this trip. This was nice enough that I would bring my family here as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Needed two rooms. One for adults one for grown teens. The hotel located the rooms one above the othger as we had requested they be in close proximity. The hotel staff was very cooperative and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice lobby, front desk was nice and friendly. Large room, clean, nice bed and comfortable, flat screen tv with direct tv which was a bonus. Doors open to outside which can be weird to say the least, but felt safe the entire time. Seemed costly for a weekday, you may be able to find cheaper, but I needed a room. Wifi not very stable.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The front desk agent was very friendly & the front desk area was nicer than I expected.
The room was big, clean.
Tv with a lot of channels. Microwave & refrigerator.
Comfortable bed & AC ran cold.

The main negative is that I had a room on the first floor & come 7/7:30am it's as if people decided to turn on every car and have a party in the parking lot. Slamming doors, kids screaming, etc...
I can't blame the hotel too much for this but it wasn't the best sleep I've ever had & when you arrive late & want a few hours of sleep it was a bit rough.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business