“Excellent value hotel, as nice as you can find for the price.”

BEST WESTERN Huntsville Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Houston, Texas
“Excellent value hotel, as nice as you can find for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a single king room on the back of the hotel. It's more of a motel (all rooms are outside access). It's a near freeway location (behind some retail on the frontage road) with zero road noise on the back of the hotel. AC is old school under window unit that wasn't on when we checked in, but worked well enough as we set it an went to dinner. Walking distance to several restaurants (Ihop, Chili's, Starbucks, donut shop, Steak House, + others). Not much expected in the way of service but check in/out were quick and easy. Room was clean and apparently recently updated.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
longview,tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I just received a call saying that this property was overbooked once again and I would have to find another hotel just a couple of weeks before I was to arrive! The last time I booked this hotel 2 months ago, I received the same call just days before saying they had overbooked and I needed to find another hotel! I had booked at least a month to 2 months in advance and still had no room there. These were booked for my daughters orientation and then her move in date for college so most hotels were already booked up. Luckily Days Inn was able to accommodate me on both occasions and they honor my government rate! I will never book with this Best Western again. The only other time I stayed at this location it stormed that day and we had no electricity the entire time we were there, they did give us 20% off that time. What we could see of the room was nice so I'm giving it poor just for the fact that they can't get their booking together!

Room Tip: Even if you book well in advance don't count on having a room to stay in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thorndale, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and will be returning next week. I am going through an extremely difficult life experience. Amish Patel, the General Manager, was kind, professional and incredibly thoughtful. The front desk staff, Debbie, Mo and another woman, whose name I cannot remember, were exceptionally kind. I was in a suite, which was clean, modern and roomy. The pool area was excellent. It was clean, modern, has loungers, chairs and umbrella tables, pool and large hot tub. The grounds were kept perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
BEST WESTERN PL... H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntsville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We are always glad to see a guest making use of all available amenities and having the best possible stay with the way you are having some challenges. We'll look forward to seeing you again, so that we can try to raise the bar again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is very clean or at least my room was. It was a little out dated but not as bad as some hotels I've stayed at in Huntsville. The lobby was actually pretty nice. I expected worse. The breakfast was the usual hotel scrambled eggs sausage etc. Just ok. Staff were very nice and talkative. Bed was comfortable. Room smelled clean. Everything worked. My only complaint is the location. It was dark out by the time I got to hotel. You can't see the sign from the freeway like you can with some of the other hotels. They kept telling me it's between Dennys and Pay less but hotel and these places are off the side roads of the freeway and behind other places. Hotel is off a small dark road and the sign is not very lit up or visible from main road . Exterior lighting and parking area were pretty dark also.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate your feedback and we wish the same for better visibility of our hotel. We have taken this to the city ordinance meeting, as to how inconvenient it is for the guest, but city would not let us raise our existing sign, nor would it let us allow to put directional signs.
We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and are glad that you liked the amenities we offered. We would love to see you again, whenever your travel needs bring you to HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.
Killeen, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed over night at the Best Western and were very pleased with most everything. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean and although we didn't partake of the breakfast the next morning because of other commitments, the spread looked GREAT! The only thing that was bothersome was the toilet kept running but easily handled and the hotel was hard to find at first. Once we located it there was no problem! Great stay, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathryn B
Plano, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Didn't realized you entered from an outside door to your room. There were lots of truckers so a little bit noisy in the early morning hours. I left my Kindle in the room after checking out. I called later to see if it had been turned in by the housekeeper. Fortunately, it had been. I'm very thankful for the honest staff and for the front desk's immediate attention to helping locate it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Chattaroy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This establishment was very relaxing and comfortable. It was located in a prime location for easy access to the Interstate, food and shopping if need be. It was far enough away from the interstate and off the main street that you didn't get a lot of road noise. The rooms were nice and the ammeneties were enough for my what I needed on this trip. This was nice enough that I would bring my family here as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business