“Cold and rainy”

Huntsville State Park
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular park great for fishing, boating and horseback riding.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cold and rainy”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

But that didn't stop us from camping and going horseback riding. This park has a ton to offer. Plenty of hiking trails and a lot to explore outside the park. You can easily spend a week there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Vicky M

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice bike riding but limited swimming area”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We had a family outing at Huntsville park to test out our new mountain bikes on the trails. That was a good experience for us but when we went to cool off in the lake my perception of the park changed. The lake was limited to a very small swimming area and it was packed. Hundreds of people trying enjoy themselves in a space where only 50 should have occupied. My wife being a weak swimmer was terrified about half way in and we had to leave. They will probably say the small area is for safety concerns but I would say the events I saw were much more dangerous in that small densely occupied area. So if you like swimming and care less about boating try a different park.

1 Thank tClep
Stafford, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for BBQ Party”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went to this state park AUG this year for BBQ Party. The view is great, I like nature like this. 5$ each person, not much expensive. We also had hot pot there. Remember to bring gas stove since it's hard to find a spot with electrical. I saw some people brought canoe there. I'd like play it next time. Fishing is allowed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Xiaodong L
Dallas, Texas
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Nice trails”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The trails were real nice for a state park that size. We went on a Friday, so there were not too many people out there. The trees and benches along the trail let you enjoy being out there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank f1999308
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I love this place!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My grandparents started taking us to Huntsville State Park every summer when we were really small. They started going before the screened shelters were even built. But this is a great place to go camping! We've gone the first weekend of August the last two years, and its been really hot! But the swimming hole is awesome, and that is where we spent most of our time! We will continue to bring our little ones here every summer, and hopefully the little ones will bring their little ones! :)

Visited August 2013