“Please the low price is not worth it”

Studio 6 Huntsville TX
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Dallas
“Please the low price is not worth it”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and granddaughter entered the room turned on one of the lamps bulb was blown out. We called for replacement and was asked was important. I replied only for lighting in the room. The air condition blew warm air. And the final straw my granddaughter opened the refrigerator and roaches ran out scared her. That was it. We went to the front desk to get our money back. Do yourself a favor when you go to Huntsville do no stay here. Poor parking lot parking just not a good place at all. We could not leave fast enough

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Patty J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ligonier
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have to tell on myself. I travel for a living and stayed 106 nights in hotels/motels last year. It has been my experience that when a motel is owned my people of Middle Eastern decent, they are just NOT very nice places, so I make it a point to avoid most of them. This place was an exception. This is NOT the Ritz, but if you are a weary traveler and are in Huntsville, stay here. People were friendly and f the room was really nice. Clean carpets, clean room and we felt safe. Breakfast was typical but well stocked. Cant really find anything negative to say. Give these guys a chance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 December 2013

When we checked in, I was impressed with the lobby area. Seemed very nice. When we got to the room, the disappointment began. First, I noticed a plastic bag wrapped around the smoke detector...never a good sign. I started putting things away and noticed that the fridge was not running very cold. Since my daughter has medication that needs to be refrigerated, this was a concern. I also noticed 4 electrical cords bunched up by the sink counter-top. There was only 2 outlets for a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and coffee pot. I am glad I did not need to charge my phone. The bathroom was a disaster. The toilet paper was missing (holder and all). The tub was disgusting (curly hairs from past guests, a grimy tub, and a layer of dirt on the tub surround). The mattresses were also resting on a piece of plywood. I called the front desk and voiced my concerns (especially the lack of toilet paper) and he said he would get a note to house keeping). The next morning (house keeping never came by), I checked out and brought up my phone call from the night before. The desk clerk said that there was no note left for anyone. Beware or pack your own TP and cleaning supplies. Better yet, skip this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stopped here at midnight and before 1am we were back on the road. The beds were filthy. My bed had three different color hairs on the sheets, ants, as well as make up smudges and dirt. There was feces on the toilet seat and it was obvious this room hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. I would NEVER stay here. Honest folks, keep on driving to the next place!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Travelingladybug1
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed a room to spend a night with my family. I did not have a lot of expectations. I wanted comfort, clealiness, silence and normal features of a room. We got what we expected. With USD 49 a night , that is a decent deal. The room was clean, we got fast wifi internet, the toiletries/ towels were good, bed was comfortable, AC was working good, we had a microwave oven in the room so we could heat up our food, TV was working. Our room had a refrigirator too. The room was large enough with proper seating furniture. The room , though next to a highway, was surprisingly silent.

The location of this hotel is quite good. It is right by the side of the interstate 45. You can find lots of stores nearby.

We had to go out to the reception lobby to get our breakfast. The breakfast was Ok with many options. The breakfast is served free.

We had ample parking space. Parking is easy and right in front of your room so you can access your vehicle easily.(Our room was on first floor).

The receptionist was a guy who was receptive, helping and smiling. He answered all our queries satisfactorily.

All in all, I would say, it was a good experience. If you are looking for an inexpensive stay on this highway, with normal expectations (with the price in mind), you will not be very disappointed. I can recommend this to you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 6 June 2013

we come up to huntsville, at lease once a month, so see our son in college. we find the rooms clean, big,quite.we had trouble with one a/c, only cool at low fan and low temp.we check in very late,but over all we enjoy staying here, we will keep doing so.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My second time staying here, and they gave me the same room both times.
It appeared to be clean, but everything is worn and appears old. Furniture was questionable, and sparse.
The air conditioner blew cold, bed was firm but comfortable, and no outside noise was noticable.
I didn't expect much and got what an old, outdated, used room should be.
This hotel is on the low end of value.
I would stay here again, but only when my travel funds are tight.

• Stayed June 2013