“Nice, clean room but rock-hard bed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Huntsville

Americas Best Value Inn Huntsville
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Austin, Texas
“Nice, clean room but rock-hard bed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This room was clean and large, had all the amenities needed - coffee and coffee pot, fridge, microwave, nice big flat screen tv and the a/c and heater unit worked fine the whole time. But the bed was awful. Very hard. Not a firm mattress but a HARD mattress. It was sitting on a piece of plywood so no springs to help. I would not stay here again unless they got new mattresses. Even at the very reasonable and low price, it wasn't worth losing a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask if any of the rooms have new mattresses. Ask to see the room before you pay and sit on the bed...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

always a big room, always, always clean, nice place, just off the freeway,nice owens, you can tell it is a older motel,need a little work, but you can see the owne are fixing it up. will always stay here, wnet we come up to see our son at college.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

First room assigned was horrible, was to be non-smoking, it reeked of smoke, so we asked for another room. It was clean and had no offending smell. The bathroom fan/light rattled really bad when you turned on the light. Receptacles were hard to reach, behind everything except the one by the countertop at the vanity. We had to unplug the refrigerator to use it. Carpet was clean, but the bathroom area was not, had facial hair in sink, on countertop, the bathroom could really use some upgrade, and thorough cleaning. Mattresses were firm and I slept really well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and granddaughter entered the room turned on one of the lamps bulb was blown out. We called for replacement and was asked was important. I replied only for lighting in the room. The air condition blew warm air. And the final straw my granddaughter opened the refrigerator and roaches ran out scared her. That was it. We went to the front desk to get our money back. Do yourself a favor when you go to Huntsville do no stay here. Poor parking lot parking just not a good place at all. We could not leave fast enough

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Patty J
Ligonier
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have to tell on myself. I travel for a living and stayed 106 nights in hotels/motels last year. It has been my experience that when a motel is owned my people of Middle Eastern decent, they are just NOT very nice places, so I make it a point to avoid most of them. This place was an exception. This is NOT the Ritz, but if you are a weary traveler and are in Huntsville, stay here. People were friendly and f the room was really nice. Clean carpets, clean room and we felt safe. Breakfast was typical but well stocked. Cant really find anything negative to say. Give these guys a chance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Muskogee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

When we checked in, I was impressed with the lobby area. Seemed very nice. When we got to the room, the disappointment began. First, I noticed a plastic bag wrapped around the smoke detector...never a good sign. I started putting things away and noticed that the fridge was not running very cold. Since my daughter has medication that needs to be refrigerated, this was a concern. I also noticed 4 electrical cords bunched up by the sink counter-top. There was only 2 outlets for a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and coffee pot. I am glad I did not need to charge my phone. The bathroom was a disaster. The toilet paper was missing (holder and all). The tub was disgusting (curly hairs from past guests, a grimy tub, and a layer of dirt on the tub surround). The mattresses were also resting on a piece of plywood. I called the front desk and voiced my concerns (especially the lack of toilet paper) and he said he would get a note to house keeping). The next morning (house keeping never came by), I checked out and brought up my phone call from the night before. The desk clerk said that there was no note left for anyone. Beware or pack your own TP and cleaning supplies. Better yet, skip this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stopped here at midnight and before 1am we were back on the road. The beds were filthy. My bed had three different color hairs on the sheets, ants, as well as make up smudges and dirt. There was feces on the toilet seat and it was obvious this room hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. I would NEVER stay here. Honest folks, keep on driving to the next place!

• Stayed September 2013