“Will go again and again!!!”
Review of The Blue Lagoon

The Blue Lagoon
Houston, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Will go again and again!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First time going to blue lagoon this past Sunday and we can't wait to go back!! It is such a beautiful place for the entire family to enjoy! We had to wait 3hrs to get in becuase they opened for the general public (becuase it is a scuba diving place) at 12pm but the wait is totally worth it! The staff is very freindly and the price in my opinion is a great bargain for having your own private little beach are with covered picinic tables, grill, restroom close by and the view and beautiful water to swim in!! With the summer around the corner we are already planning our next trip!!

Visited May 2014
8 Thank Maria F

Cypress, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice folks, pretty location, nice day out”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have been to Blue Lagoon three times now in the last 2 months. I am a new diver going out for practice with an experienced friend.

First and foremost let me say that if you have anything close to a low car that you care about, have a friend drive you out there. I drive a VW Golf type vehicle and bottomed it a couple of times... The road to get there is variably smaller and larger rocks for several miles, if you're in a sedan type vehicle and care about your paintwork, you'll get there very slowly indeed. Once you are there and need to drive down to the lakes themselves, it becomes more of an off-road adventure course. Not a big problem for trucks and SUVs but in a sedan you will be driving by picking out the least damaging looking route you can (you will regularly encounter trough to peak variances in the grade of 6"+).

The folks who run the place are very nice but very disorganized.

Very nice in that they are friendly and happy to answer questions, when I went down to the lake one day and found I couldn't dive (my dive buddy backed out) I went back up to the entrance and they refunded my daily fee with no hassle. When I turned up without my diver card the first time (noob mistake) they helped me look up my card number so they could rent me the equipment I needed.

They are very disorganized in that I asked for 1 diver, 1 non diver plus a tank of air. She charged me the entrance fees, then realized she had forgotten the air, then sold me the air and gave me a ticket which I took to get air and was told she had charged me for air only and I had to go line up again to pay for tank rental.

I recently bought a complete gear setup and during a previous visit the guy who owns the place was telling me how he could get me a great deal when I came to buy and if I bought from him I would get a season pass to the lake. I e-mailed them twice asking them to provide prices for the gear I wanted. The first e-mail got no reply, the second one got a reply that "my husband deals with gear, I'll pass this on to him", then nothing. So again, disorganized.

There are two lakes on the property and they are very pretty. The nice blue water is very attractive for non divers to go swim in or just sit by and pass the day. As long as they have a bay free they will give you one at no extra cost. This is essentially a metal "car-port" roof with a concrete slab underneath and a picnic table in there. They also provide BBQ grills and clean porta-potties near by. This means you can really go make a day of it, it has become for us a day by the lake with some diving (i.e. the diving is the reason to go but not the focus of the day). We went this last weekend with 8 people, only 2 of whom were diving and everyone had a blast, we grilled, hung out, swam some, just enjoyed the weather and environment.

As far as the diving itself, this is strictly a practice lake. The reason the water is blue is because nothing grows there. There is generally great visibility (except after rain) and the water is warm, but there is NOTHING to see down there. There are a few 1" long fish, some rocks and a couple of boats they sunk for you to look around, but nothing else.

In addition the lake is NOT deep. We have now dived both lakes and our max depth has varied from about 23-27 feet. Again, a plus if you're just learning or practicing, but something to be aware of.

If you're into camping they will allow you to pay for 2 days of regular entry and camp overnight by lake at no extra cost.

You should be aware that they are primarily a diving facility so although they will rent to non-diving groups they will only do so if they can't fill up space with divers, so call ahead. However as long as at least one member of your group has a d-card you will be fine.

Visited May 2014
10 Thank gingaskunk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Horrible costumer service.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Blue lagoon can be gorgeous, but with the owner and her son running it, the place will definitely close down soon. The owner, the lady, was extremely rude and her son, I believe, was just as rude. I ended leaving since they had poor attitudes, and they refused to give me a refund. I would not recommend this place at all. Next trip, Galveston or lake Conroe

Visited April 2014
13 Thank Nobluelagoon
Phil R, Owner at The Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks for visiting the Blue Lagoon. As all of our rule abiding customers will find, the Blue Lagoon is a very friendly place to be. If you were one of the individuals who broke the rules, or tried to sneak someone in after you had paid for your entry, then yes, you were asked to leave the park. When you break the rules you must leave and there is no refund. Remember we are a PADI dive facility, and we cater to Scuba Divers first. However non divers are welcome. More info on our facility can be found at www.bluelagoonscuba.net All non divers who enter must be at least 18 years of age and be with a legal guardian. Divers under 18 may be accompanied by their instructor.
Montgomery, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loving the Lagoon”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great place to take the family swimming (with no lake creatures such as fish and whatever else is in lake conroe) and picnic for the day (beware the admission is 16 a person...which I find a little steep, but worth it since it is a clear lake with no creatures it in) .

If you are wanting to get in and you are a "swimmer" you need to go during the week. The weekends are busy and this is really a dive park, so drivers get 1 st priority and swimmers can get turned away if full. Luckily this weekend we went with a friend who was a diver (and could reserve a space in advance) because at 10:30 the park was full and all swimmers who were not with divers were turned away.

Visited August 2013
11 Thank murraymurray_11
Huntsville, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great date day”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I decided to go there for a date day. What a great idea. Beautiful, peaceful and not that expensive. However, I do feel they could charge a little less and get more visitors which would mean more money for themnin the long run.

Visited August 2012