“NO bugs. No problems !”
Review of Motel 6 Huntsville

Motel 6 Huntsville
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On our recent trip to Texas I intentional chose this Motel Six because it had gotten some bad reviews regarding bugs.Bugs is the one thing that none of us wants to deal with when traveling. Well you will be pleased to know that I found this To be, while admittedly an older Motel Six, totally refurbished recently. I stayed in room 111 and it had fresh paint, a nice flat screen TV, new furnishings and a nice cold blowing AC unit. We had plenty of hot water and all the usual three star type of amenities. (that being small scratchy towels and 200 count sheets) I do not go to Motel Six for the towels or sheets. I go because they always welcome my dog and they are usually nice and clean. This one was exceptionally clean and the staff was very pleasant. No sign of any fleas or bugs of any kind and I looked very well. I pulled the sheets off and checked the edges of the mattress and ran a duster around all the edges of the room. If they had a problem in the past they have dealt with it totally.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank dorotxy

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Everything great about this Motel 6. Obviously recently remodeled. Best looking motel 6 I've been to. Everything from shower to TV's to flooring were new. I gave it 4 out of 5 only because the walls were thin enough to hear significant noise from next door. It was loud enough to delay sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jgrinspan
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in late, went smoothly. Very nice staff that night. Plenty of parking for my truck and trailer. Clean rooms, good water pressure, pet friendly, right off highway, close to stuff. Comfy beds. Reasonable price. Just right for what I need. Will stay again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rgoodwin41
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I didn't really know what to expect of this place because of the other reviews. But we were pleasantly surprised. They are in the process of remodeling the rooms, our room was done and was really nice. They have "hard wood" floors, new paint, new mattresses, flat screens, and new showers. The pool looked nice and taken care of but we got in late and it was to cold for me to try it out. I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank asherdasher63
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My family and I were on our way to Galveston to catch a cruise. We wanted to get close and stop for the night. This Motel was on the highway and looked economical and convenient enough. We rented 2 rooms. Had to take smoking because there were no nonsmoking available. They were infested with fleas. I reported it to the lady at the desk and she assigned us 2 different rooms. They were infested even more. My young grand-children were chewed up with the rest of us. I went down to get a refund. It was a long story with this clerk, but to sum it up, she thought we weren't pet people because we were bothered by the fleas. I informed her that we do have pets, just no fleas.
While I waited in the lobby to get the charges off my card I watched the fleas jumping around on the tile floor and making a snack out of me. She acted like it was a big deal to get a refund and informed it would take 7 to 10 days for a refund which I know is bull. I run a restaurant and we can instantly reverse a charge on any card.
We left with fleas in our cars. We thought they would be dead after 6 days in the hot sun. NO! There was still at least one in there to bite me up on the way home.
I feel such pity for that ladies 4 dogs and 2 cats, she thinks fleas are a way of life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Laurie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. I slept great! I haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in a very long time. I had been on the road for 12 hours and did not want to get into my destination so late but I also did not want to spend a lot of money. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was just a convenient stop-over for us going home from FL. The room was neat and clean but the bathroom countertop/sink certainly needed replacing. Minor repairs were also in order for our room and it didn't look like the maintenance was on top of the repairs. When we checked in, there were 2 women and a child in the lobby talking with the clerk. They were discussing personal issues so assumed they were friends, not customers. They may have been some of the cleaning help but the clerk's attention wasn't on checking us in, but on them. Bad business practice on the part of this clerk.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you had to. It's close to the state prisons so gue...